Sign in to follow this  
franze

F/A-18E/F Super Hornet

will the HUD be fix too? as its not the way it should have been

and cause me some "directioning problem"

@4 IN 1

The artificial horizon is hard-coded to function the way it does. You'll notice it on the default BI aircraft as well. I could change this but it would take a lot of work due to involvement with vectors (which I don't fully understand).

confused_o.gif

both A10 and the one for other aircarft is on the correct direction, but i have no idea on how it work. i hope it would be fixable, yet it wont cause too much problem if left unfix(you just need to crash a lot more)

anyway its your call, wish you may be able to fix it someday wink_o.gif

ah Franze, had time to Test your new Version of the F/A-18.

I really like it, and after some training you get used to the behaviour of the plane smile_o.gif

One bug I noticed: CBU-87 has the same name as the MK-20 in the weapon selection thingy in the upper left side of the screen.

thumbs-up.gif

Hi, Franze

just a question, for new relase that will come next week or later.

Did u plan to increase the trust power without afterburners ?

It's hard keep in tail of some plane that goes faster w/out burner,

The new 1.11 (BIS) Flyght model looks more like your bird smile_o.gif but the expecially the harrier got a lot of trust w/out burner.

:: THANK YOU AGAIN... works like yours make ArmA better and is everytime an happy news when new version comes ::

P.s. Su33 is very well textured and looks very nice, should be the "Challenger" smile_o.gif

have a nice work with your next relase

Rubber

thumbs-up.gif

Hi, Franze

just a question, for new relase that will come next week or later.

Did u plan to increase the trust power without afterburners ?

It's hard keep in tail of some plane that goes faster w/out burner,

The new 1.11 (BIS) Flyght model looks more like your bird smile_o.gif but the expecially the harrier got a lot of trust w/out burner.

:: THANK YOU AGAIN... works like yours make ArmA better and is everytime an happy news when new version comes ::

P.s. Su33 is very well textured and looks very nice, should be the "Challenger" smile_o.gif

have a nice work with your next relase

Rubber

I asked the exact same questions some pages back.

He said he can't because he would loose carrier capability then...

I asked the exact same questions some pages back.

He said he can't because he would loose carrier capability then...

How more trust without burners could affect carrier capability ?

There is a solution, I hope Franze will find em.

sorry for double ask smile_o.gif

but I really care on this Addon... for me is the frist step in "new generation" planes addons for ArmA

I'm very pleased with this addon, especially with the advent of the keyboard versions (I prefer the feel of them even with the joystick). I haven't yet tested the weapons customisation, but nice work anyway.

Franze, I was meaning to ask you, are there any plans to change the flight model for the Hornet?

To agree with everyone else..

..thanks for the great jet... love flying it wink_o.gif

Now it'd be cool if we could somehow get a 'universal' addon pack. that most online server's used... that had all the quality addons in, like this one...

Franze, I was meaning to ask you, are there any plans to change the flight model for the Hornet?

this has already been answered!

Thou I'm a little uncertain of how well it would work in ArmA, is there any chance of implementing the ALE-50 Towed Decoy and the ADM-141 TALD (Tactical Air Launched Decoy)?

Sorry guys, crunch time in real life the past week...

@4 IN 1

That bug was already corrected; I thought you meant the fact that the horizon only banks up to 90 degrees and then inverts.

@Sgt_Eversmann

The CBU-87 is a magazine for the Mk20 weapon (to save space).

@Rubberkite

Again, due to the way I have the aircraft coded, I cannot achieve the same amount of acceleration and energy retention as the standard aircraft without some form of scripting. The reason for this is that the game sees the aircraft as being a draggy fixed-gear aircraft like the Camel, not a retracting-gear aircraft like the AV-8.

@Renegade Commando

Not for this aircraft, no.

@all

Thanks for the kind words!

@ Franze.

So with the new GUI incased in the pbo coming soon, will you be releasing the F16 you've been using as a test bed? or is that purely for test purposes?

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

At this time the F-16 is not ready for release, no. But there will be a derivative of the F/A-18E which will test a new GUI screen and the same arming system in use on the F-16.

Ok, I finally got to updating this to v0.3.

Beta 0.3 changes:

- More bug fixes.

- Modified GUI to be self-contained and available when nearby an ammo truck. Toggle with variable fz_f18_noarming.

- Introduced gunner-variant of F/A-18F.

See first page for download link.

In addition, I've made a experimental version with a new weapon system that allows for near fully-dynamic weapon loadouts. Instead of grouping weapons by type, weapons are grouped on a per-hardpoint basis. This version is otherwise the same as the standard variant but with modified weapon functionality.

Download the F/A-18E XWS Test 1 here.

Comments on this version would be appreciated.

Nice to hear news from you smile_o.gif

did u remember my question about tracert if u can try to enable with six tracer or arma ones ?

thank you a lot for this Addon, and for gentle way to answer at your comunity friends smile_o.gif

Rubber

I still need to look into it; it's been a long week and I haven't been able to keep up with things.

This fully-dynamic weapon loadouts is very nice but hp11 and hp01 are switched. There is no targeting modes for long range weapons in action menu. Btw this weapon loadouts should be added to other planes like A10 or AV8 biggrin_o.gif

Thanx for the update Franze smile_o.gif

Rubberkite, I am using this addon (F18) with six Pack 1 tracers and all is good.

If you dont have tracers at all, it prolly means that six tracers are running but not fully.There imust be a problem somewhere in the setup of your mods.

Six tracers ,as far as i know removes standard tracer and applies there own custom ones.

No tracer at all means that 6th-sense tracer's are trying to work but are being defeated somehow.

Hi there all

@ Franze

Big thanks for the work that you are doing on this plane and thank you for making it

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me regarding on how to get the script switches the read me particulary

fz_artystrikes = # Amount of artillery strikes for F/A-18F, where # is the amount.

Could someone explain what this does ?

Sorry for the stupid question

Cheers

Thanx for the update Franze smile_o.gif

Rubberkite, I am using this addon (F18) with six Pack 1 tracers and all is good.

If you dont have tracers at all, it prolly means that six tracers are running but not fully.There imust be a problem somewhere in the setup of your mods.

Six tracers ,as far as i know removes standard tracer and applies there own custom ones.

No tracer at all means that 6th-sense tracer's are trying to work but are being defeated somehow.

I've a lot of addons that works togheter but ( SIX ) tracer works for all, I've manualli configured the tracer on some vehicle, and I've added also some config lines to 0.25 F18 but I can't see any tracer.

If u confirm that you got tracer without adding code to F18 weapon config, I will try to use It only with ArmA + Six + F18 and after I will check one by one the remaining addons so I can find were is the conflict.

Pls confirm this.

Thank you

Rubber

@Franze don't care about this, if u can get a look ok otherwise is not important, and now I check if the problem is only for my addon pack configuration. Sorry

biggrin_o.gif