Sign in to follow this  
franze

F/A-18E/F Super Hornet

just my opinion. shoulda spent more time on the model and textures than the weapon scripts

just my opinion. shoulda spent more time on the model and textures than the weapon scripts

If you don't like it, you can fly the BIS A-10, AV-8B, and Su-34. smile_o.gif

Footmunch also has his F-16 with excellent texturing.

Franze, great stuff. We've used this unit in Thursday's squadnight with a great success. Although we had problems with WSO officer being almost a spectator, pilots enjoyed it. I flew it over rebel town and we evaded 2 AA missiles, but third hit us. We quickly estinguished fire on right engine and managed to bring bird back to the airport... but we noticed that only front wheel functioned so we had to land on a BELLY biggrin_o.gif excellent stuff!

We also managed to refuel/rearm and repair two birds and send them back to the battlefield with our Alpha/Bravo teams reporting from ground and marking targets.

Two screenshots from the event:

http://www.vojak.si/photos/franze_f18repair1.jpg

http://www.vojak.si/photos/franze_f18repair2.jpg

p.s. can you fix that sidewinders/amraams can't be used against bmps/T72s?

otherwise... notworthy.gif

If you don't like it, you can fly the BIS A-10, AV-8B, and Su-34. smile_o.gif

Footmunch also has his F-16 with excellent texturing.

even if the model is lacking imo its still alot of fun. i understand how much work goes into making something like this. just wish there was an easier way to make models and textures of higher quality in a reasonable amount of time

@IceBreakr

Awesome, it sounds like you had a great time! biggrin_o.gif

The only way that I know of to prevent AI from using any and all weapons on ground targets is to remove the whole vehicle's ground target capability. I don't know if there's a way to prevent the AI from blowing AAMs on ground targets other than to remove the weapons from the AI's arsenal.

@rstratton

You'd basically need a team of modelers and painters to get a high-quality model with good textures in the same span of time. I am not a team of modelers and painters; it took me 8 months to do the model and textures for the Super Hornet - just for FP. To do an ArmA-quality model (for me) in the same span of time would mean working non-stop on it. I don't get paid for doing this stuff - I got to eat, you know.

right on Franze......

PS I love this airplane and like i have said ont his forum before... if you want to see every rivit on the bird go to the museum.

This aircraft is one of the most revolutionary addons we have seen yet. the arming system has peaked so much interest that i think there will be alot of plagerism in future addons....

again great work Franze

As stated before, the suite to get ArmA like textures would require me to have something along the lines of 3DSMAX. As stated earlier it is possible to add more rendering or shadows to the model, which would greatly enhance the look of the textures. Me and Franze went back and forth about it constantly, and he's happy with it, and to an extent I am too. If this were LOMAC then it'd be 100% better, but the texture programs (PAATool, TexView), and BIS's odd way of doing textures... is it's own story. Plus I don't always have much time for myself, so WYSIWYG until I get around to them again. I got CS3 now so down the line I'll see about improving them.

BIS's odd way of doing textures...

That was in OFP. Now they are the way they were supposed to be in OFP. A single plane like this should use one single exterior texture at 2048x2048, two at the very most, depends how big the plane is, a small scale UAV shouldn't have a 2048x2048 one.

But, you don't need 3ds Max for a good UVW map. If you want to work outside O2 for that you can get RC1 somewhere, export the model to .3ds and use something free but still effective like Lith Unwrap, or another free app with a very capable UVW tool.

@MehMan

What EricJ is really hinting at is this isn't going to be much beyond a technology demonstrator, or what I refer to as a "Tier 1" unit. Primarily it exists to expand on what can be done with ArmA on future projects - find out what works and what doesn't. The aircraft in the video I posted earlier is a "Tier 2" demonstrator which is basically the next level - built with O2PE and with more detail and better scripting as a result of the experience I've had with the Super Hornet.

The Super Hornet uses 3 1024x1024 textures externally.

@all

The GUI arming system has been successfully integrated into the addon itself, so no more fancy stuff in missions should be required.

Quote[/b] ]@all

The GUI arming system has been successfully integrated into the addon itself, so no more fancy stuff in missions should be required.

did you update the downoad link?

No, I haven't updated the change yet. I'm busy with another testbed, and I'll release both as soon as that's ready.

I would like to report that me and my clanmates tested Beta 0.1 in big evolution mission on dedicated server, it was working like gold, no problems. Then we updated to 0.15 which caused massive "lag" right on start of the mission, we couldnt even see each other or enter vehicles. Haven't tested 0.25 yet, we decided to wait till next big updated.

It's a great addon, keep up the good work.

When you have entirely Mk-20's and then put on a centreline refueling pod. it only gives you 4 Mk-20's and then puts 2 fuel tanks on the wingroot along with 2 mk-20's

That's the way it's setup by default. Normal practice I've seen is either "5 wet" or "3 wet", only a few pictures have I seen only the ARS on the center, and that was during training.

No i mean the fuel tanks appear between the two bombs on the rack.

@wolfbite

Bug noted & fixed, thanks. smile_o.gif

@T_bone

The next update may not be until next weekend or later.

@all

Thanks for the kind words!

@wolfbite

Bug noted & fixed, thanks. smile_o.gif

@T_bone

The next update may not be until next weekend or later.

@all

Thanks for the kind words!

Cheers for the bird biggrin_o.gif

I like this plane more and more and more and more...

It's just fantastic work !

Now, if someone makes the mig29 or Su27, I really don't see the point in playing any other game.

Franze i really have to commend your attention to the users. Every bug or problem reported is usually fixed immediately.

Thanks for being one of the best!

My Sahrani skies are always full of F-18s

I like this plane more and more and more and more...

It's just fantastic work !

Now, if someone makes the mig29 or Su27, I really don't see the point in playing any other game.

Expect this addon in the few weeks, a Mig 21 is also getting closer to completion.

The F16/F18's will have some competition real soon  smile_o.gif

Sumk 33?

SU33

Mig 21

Mig21

oh and a F117   smile_o.gif

F117

Southy

@wolfbite

Just so as long as you're enjoying it. smile_o.gif

@LastNinja9

I'm sure there's some Su-27s and MiG-29 in the works.

@wld427

Not every bug or complaint is addressed all the time... but I try to do the best I can. smile_o.gif

@southy

There's still plenty more to be done. I'd still like to see an SLA Su-22. thumbs-up.gif

@Franze: you have a point there... Always forget about that. However, if i dont touch that option - isnt it low drag initially? Maybe i did touch it, but i think i didnt (sounds convincing huh?) biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: Its initially HIGH drag whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Regards

Alex