Sign in to follow this  
mechastalin

Problem importing .3ds files

Whenever I try it it gives me an error which says "missing KFDATA section" what does this mean and how can I fix it? I tried importing as an .OBJ file but that causes the model to be inverted and I'm not sure how to fix it in oxygen.

Also, once its in how do I load the textures, its got the mapping but I can never remember how to get the texture to show up in Oxygen.

Google a tool called 'Anim8or' (or 'Anim8tor' or some variation of that). Export the model to .3ds, import the .3ds into Animator, go to Debug and select the option to "Include Dummy KFDATA", then save as .3DS again. Should be able to import it into O2 without any issues then.

Similar Topics

Error

Can't import 3ds

Quote[/b] ]I tried importing as an .OBJ file but that causes the model to be inverted and I'm not sure how to fix it in oxygen.

Select your model and press W.

Quote[/b] ]Also, once its in how do I load the textures, its got the mapping but I can never remember how to get the texture to show up in Oxygen.

Select the the individual parts (same texture) and press E.

Quote[/b] ]I tried importing as an .OBJ file but that causes the model to be inverted and I'm not sure how to fix it in oxygen.

Select your model and press W.

Quote[/b] ]Also, once its in how do I load the textures, its got the mapping but I can never remember how to get the texture to show up in Oxygen.

Thanks a lot, got the model showing up with texture. Now to begin the problem of getting it ingame. smile_o.gif