Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

USAF F-16C Falcon

eddyD: first test, I love what you did in 1.08smile_o.gif I'll use it for next coop MP event wink_o.gif

f16eddy.jpg

Noticed bug: afterburner sound cuts off after ~5 sec of use? btw can you please add sonic boom sound too?

nice work Southy {Is there any way that ya could make the chose of weapons like Franze FA-18s? } id like to see that for all the jets in the game think of the fun in MP  biggrin_o.gif

The multi weapon loadout screen like the F/A 18 could be possible but and it's a big one all the aircraft addons created so far would have to re-worked to make them compatible.

When you see the lines of code just the F/A 18 needs for its weapons it's a project that might be bigger than the community itself smile_o.gif

I'd love to see a more simply version maybe with say 2/3 AA options and 2/3 bombs etc.

As for the after burner sound cutting out after 5 secs I'm not sure how to make that loop etc.

I've added the sonic boom to the F16 but it sounded terrible, so I disabled it for now(does on some addons for some reason) I'll try and source a better 'boom' unless someone has one I could use.

Plus I only added the special effects (10min job)to the F16 the rest of the work is all the other people who have kept the addon alive with chagnes.

Southy

Nice work with the cockpit!

Are you going to give the GBU variant two real sidewinders and some kind of working targeting pod for pilots? You know sometimes there are modern Suchois in the air and deadly patrols on the ground (or careless recons)... wink_o.gif

nice work Southy {Is there any way that ya could make the chose of weapons like Franze FA-18s? } id like to see that for all the jets in the game think of the fun in MP  biggrin_o.gif

The multi weapon loadout screen like the F/A 18 could be possible but and it's a big one all the aircraft addons created so far would have to re-worked to make them compatible.

When you see the lines of code just the F/A 18 needs for its weapons it's a project that might be bigger than the community itself  smile_o.gif

I'd love to see a more simply version maybe with say 2/3 AA options and 2/3 bombs etc.

As for the after burner sound cutting out after 5 secs I'm not sure how to make that loop etc.

I've added the sonic boom to the F16 but it sounded terrible, so I disabled it for now(does on some addons for some reason) I'll try and source a better 'boom' unless someone has one I could use.

Plus I only added the special effects (10min job)to the F16 the rest of the work is all the other people who have kept the addon alive with chagnes.

Southy

Ya it could be an big project but could this be in the works? Or just an few more F-16 with diffent weapons loads to them this would be vary nice love the F-16 its an lovely jet wink_o.gif

I'm a bit confused by all these releases. Is this model in use also by RACS Project? What is this release done by zGuba (means "loser" in our language, heh) ?

When you see the lines of code just the F/A 18 needs for its weapons it's a project that might be bigger than the community itself  smile_o.gif

Southy

Ya it could be an big project but could this be in the works? Or just an few more F-16 with diffent weapons loads to them this would be vary nice love the F-16 its an lovely jet wink_o.gif

or just some like the A10 and the AV8 F35 Su34

I'm a bit confused by all these releases. Is this model in use also by RACS Project? What is this release done by zGuba (means "loser" in our language, heh) ?

just check the version numbers, it's at 1.08 at the moment which is the latest version incorporating all the changes made by different people.

It's the same model as Project RACS but they have modified the config etc so they arn't the same anymore.

I guess the idea is the F16 will be in a constant state of updates for as long as people can add things to make it better.

At least this way we don't have 26 versions of the F16 about, everyone who wants the latest one just downloads it.

Southy

I guess the idea is the F16 will be in a constant state of updates for as long as people can add things to make it better.

At least this way we don't have 26 versions of the F16 about, everyone who wants the latest one just downloads it.

Southy

This is one of the best addons I've seen in that regard. Instead of getting tons of F-16 versions lots of people works to make one version as good as possible, contributing with what parts of modelling, configing, scripting, texturing and SFX that they have knowledge of.

Wish more (of course not all. Some choice of what addon to use for a specific vehicle/weapon/unit/sound is nice smile_o.gif ) addons would hop onto this train and help making fewer and better addons, rather than a jungle of half-finished ones.

This is a great addon. I have a question about this and ACE though. ACE has there own version of Extended eventhandler. Will the ACE Extended eventhandler work with this F16 or do I have to use the other Extended eventhandler? Just thought I would ask and see if anyone has tryed this.

This is a great addon.  I have a question about this and ACE though.  ACE has there own version of Extended eventhandler.  Will the ACE Extended eventhandler work with this F16 or do I have to use the other Extended eventhandler?  Just thought I would ask and see if anyone has tryed this.

The F16 was made XEH compatible so it should work straight away with ACE.

You will need to use ACE's version of the XEH tho as I think that one is newer.

Southy

This is a great addon.  I have a question about this and ACE though.  ACE has there own version of Extended eventhandler.  Will the ACE Extended eventhandler work with this F16 or do I have to use the other Extended eventhandler?  Just thought I would ask and see if anyone has tryed this.

You should stash the old version of XEH and copy/paste the ace version into the folder with this AddOn. If you use the ACE and it's XEH(really a non-public version 1.91) with the current public version v1.90 you will have problems.

So far I've stopped using XEH v1.9 in exchange for the ACE XEH and haven't encountered any problems with content that used XEH v1.9.

XEH 1.91 is XEH 1.90 but with some ACE additions afaik, so no addon built for using XEH 1.90 should have problems running with ACE's version of XEH smile_o.gif

hi all

i'm working on a bomber version of your F16C. It have 4 mk82, 4 mk83, 14 ffar, 2 Aim9 and the M61. i'm having trouble with the proxies mad_o.gif (here)

O2 Shot

I think is config problem and are the missle proxies remove from the model on all lods

well , i know maybe two guys can help you with that

wld427 from racs project and Eble(southy)

wld427 have make many versions of the Racs F-16 with bombs and missles

the arma engine only permits one proxy type per plane....

If you want more than one bomb or missile type on the aircraft it needs to be scripted....

Hey all

i have working on the F-16 again

This time i have put a new hud in the first lod and a update seat.

The f-16 have now airbrakes, still testing

here are some pic's:

F16_BRAKE.jpg

F16_HUD.jpg

have fun

eddyD

no and never sleep too tounge2.gif

well its is not falcon4,it go be falcon5 for arma biggrin_o.gif

still fix some bugs , like lights

we will see .

cya

eddyD

is it possible to change the sound like they did in XAM1.5/6

that was just fantastic to hear the f16 passing by

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

169241.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.