Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

USAF F-16C Falcon

Not sure if this has been noted yet. When you are in the cockpit and free look to the rear. You don't see any part of the jet's wings and there is an empty space where there is nothing shown behind the pilot. So you see the world and not the jet or the rear of the cockpit.

I'll post a screen later of what I am talking about, as I am at work right now.

No need to, already reported and acknowledged smile_o.gif

No need to, already reported and acknowledged smile_o.gif

Okay thanks. Wasn't sure or not and I didn't have the time to read through the posts at the moment, but didn't want to forget about it while it was on my mind.

just a note if you run on high settings that doesnt happen tounge2.gif

just a note if you run on high settings that doesnt happen tounge2.gif

Well that sucks. How can we get it to work on high settings?

Great addon, been waiting a long time for this. Can anyone tell me the class names so I can spawn via script?

I use always trick for non-know vehicles:

-let vehicle names air1

-create trigger with simply condition, for example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">true

-in activation field:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hint format["%1", typeOf air1]

added:

rkta_f16_1

rkta_f16_2

rkta_f16_3

Very very nice work!

As a Falcon4 OF/AF Pilot in a Squad, I love it!!! yay.gif

I changed the Sound of the Engine for myself. I used a Sound what is not as "overamplified" (clipped) (Don't know what it is called in english) and damped as your Sound. It is brighter and more clear.

I took the one from OpenFalcon(Demo's new Soundmod). I find it a bit more realistic.

When I have a bit time, I'll try to add an afterburner Sound which starts at 95% Throttle. But I don't know how the config works...so it could take some time...if it is at least doable.

Also, a visual Afterburner Effect would be nice. smile_o.gif

If you want, I'll try to help you...with the Sound....

I send you a pm with the link to the modified Addon with the new Sound. (I don't change anything else...just replaced the Engine5.ogg)

I forgot soemething important!

The GBU Version of your F-16 should carry at least 6 GBU's.

The F-16C Blk 40/50/52/ and F-16A MLU can carry up to 6 GBU 12 B/B (Penetrator) or 6 GBU 22/B at inner Hardpoints (4@3/7 and 2@4/6) plus two AtA Missiles like a heater(Sidewinder)

The problem is that ArmA's engine doesn't allow more than one weapons proxi (i.e. just one type of missile), so it is not possible to add the Sidewinders in the wing pylons if you have added LGBs in the other pylons.

The problem is that ArmA's engine doesn't allow more than one weapons proxi (i.e. just one type of missile), so it is not possible to add the Sidewinders in the wing pylons if you have added LGBs in the other pylons.

Actually it's possible, if you're willing to use workarounds to make it work.

Now I changed the F-16 GBU from 4 GBU's to 6 GBU's. And I add a second Magazine of the Gau12 for all Versions of the F-16.

In RL the F-16 have 510 Rounds of the Vulcan M61A1 Gun. So it is a bit more "realistic".

But I don't know how to add a "nipple" for the Pylons# 3/7 to plug the GBU's on it. I never used Oxygen2 till today^^

It looks a little bit like they fly beside the Pylon. But only if you zoom in and look a few seconds from front or rear.

For me, it doesn't matter. I don't run around the F-16 and look at every detail. I fly it.

Now it's done.

Changes I made:

- New Engine Sound.

- 6 instead of 4 GBU12.

- 510 Rounds of Gau12

(In RL it is 510 Rnds M61A1 Vulcan) I don't change the Rate of fire...it is 5 Rnds per salvo...enough...(10 per salvo in RL)

If Footmunch give me his ok. I can upload it for everybody.

Good work . Not .. wahy add to red name file winrar ? whistle.gif

Uhm, what? biggrin_o.gif Sorry, I don't understand you wink_o.gif

Please in an easy english whistle.gif (What is red?)

Update:

I made some more changes.

Sound:

-New Engine Sound

-Oxygen-Mask Breathing Sound

-New Gun Sound

-Canopy open/close Sound

-reduced in-pit Engine Sound

Weapon:

-Added 2 more GBU's to the F-16 GBU Version.

-Changed the Gun to real values

Model:

-Added Weapon-Rack for the GBU's on Pylon 4/7

Config:

Changed some values

Footmunch has been extremely hard to get ahold of lately. But at the same time, I hope at least that Alexduke made every effort to get ahold of Footmunch and that nothing negative was done to the addon.

sad_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

unfortunately it has been a while since his last post, and his Email address is not posted...... so now what....

I noticed some pages ago was disscusion on warning systems, just like to add that the US has had for a while now a warning system on there aircraft to detect and defeat IR air to air and ground to air missiles.

Suite of Infrared Countermeasures [sIIRCM]

AN/ALQ-212 Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM)

AN/AAR-57 Common Missile Warning System (CMWS)

this system does in fact track IR shoulder fired missiles as well. and is used in U.S. helicopters and some commercial airliners.

the danish and others are upgrading there f-16 and choppers to use MILDS F (Missile Launch Detection System, Fighter)

MILDS F is a missile warning system which detects and tracks the UV emissions of approaching missiles including the most prevalent threat of heat-seeking shoulder-launched missiles.

I never could understand why the aircraft in Arma didnt have any type of warning system.