Sign in to follow this  
the.d

Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion

My addons are signed now and theres a bikey now as well, pls check my addon thread for the new version (1.04)!

Cheers for the info, Karaya1!

I'm updating the list now :)

Uhm, waylay, you okay over there? :-D

If one of you found anything strange regarding compatibility do let us know - I'm beginning to lose overview now as many addons change shared functions.

As a general rule: If you like a particular attribute of an addon best, try to load it last in your loading setup. That doesn't always apply, however.

I know mate, cheers :-)

There was no need to update the list though, as filenames and description of its functions remained the same.

@The.D

If you don't add Jonny´s Army Special Forces and its replacement pack to the holy list, i'll have to kill you.

Uhm, waylay, you okay over there? :-D

I have been using Törni's popular ZSU-23 addon pack with these mods/addons in the list. However, I've noticed that it's causing some instability, especially when you try to man the ZSU. I had thought I solved it, but it turned out I hadn't, hence the edit.

I haven't tried solving the issue since then, but I'll try to load each addon individually sometime here in the future to find the culprit.

Now if only BI had just included the ZU-23 to begin with!

OK, I found the culprit regarding the errors with the ZSU-23 pack. It appears that zGuba's ZGB_Weapons.pbo file is causing some issues with this particular addon. The only error I could detect is the CTD you get when trying to enter the ZU-23 gun, whether on the truck or stationary.

Otherwise, almost everything else on the list works great with it. The SIX Tracers look especially cool with the ZU-23 addon. If you place many of the guns throughout a city at night and have some enemy planes fly high overhead, you can really create the atmosphere of those remarkable news videos showing anti-air artillery over Baghdad in 1991.

Ah I see. Thanks for letting us now (yet again), waylay! A CTD is rather serious :-/ Could it be a config conflict?

Yeb: Don't hurt me!

(* update news and postscriptum: see current latest post )

By your screenshot, i see you are still using vanilla usmc that has been introduced in the 1.14 patch.

I may suggest using this replacement pack by nikita320106 that replaces vanilla usmc to Jonny's Usmc (desert marpat).

suggestion:

atm aim boxes (rectangles that appear on the target) in the game are rather thick white and thus look unreal. I guess it will look better with little tweak - changing those boxesto thin green ones. thus it will look like part of the hud in helis/planes. don't know maybe it's already implemented in some addon - i know it's possible so i hope someone will make it.

Is there any addon/mod which improves driving in arma?

like, you drive cars and it's like driving in ofp or at least easier than that crazy steerign in arma.

so car acts more stable and doesnt turn so erratic.

Yeb: Yeah, but I really like these new plain desert soldiers :-)

Gargantua: Good idea, yeah - though TrueMod does a good job with the interface. I wish there was a game / game engine that could display status information like it was an actual HUD projected on your helm visor or goggles or something (wasn't there a Star Wars shooter some time ago that did this rather well? Can't quite remember)

sirupdzija: I'll say!

... (wasn't there a Star Wars shooter some time ago that did this rather well? Can't quite remember)

<offtopic>

I guess you meant Star Wars Republic Commando =)

bkg2vr1.th.jpg

</offtopic>

btw, here's a toy for all helo pilots:

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>HMD helicopter HUD</span>

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=74292

(must-have if you love flying helicopters! wink_o.gif)

The.D: Add it to the list, or else I'm gonna install StarForce on your computer! rofl.gif

I will be "away" for a while as I have to do a complete system recovery / clean system installation thanks to a much-loved "copy" "protection" that, by the way, wouldn't even let me play the game I payed for (a rather well-known flight simulator).

Didn't see the FFN-mod listed here. It's a good addon. It was updated to work with Extended eventhandlers (XEH Version) (v 1.7) some time ago.

version 1.3

- fixed incompatibility with 3rd parties custom animations

- two versions of replacement( install only one at once):

FFN_REPLACEMENT: only dodge and cqb movements , less laggy

FFN_REPLACEMENT_RANGE : dodge and cqb movements and increased engange distance , allows the possibility to activate other ffn features via init line

- compatible with other mods like SIX tracers, Maddmats effects and @ECS mod.

*-video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIRWI2hQoUw

*-download link

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=617

*-forum link

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....96;st=0

Probably you got to install it on a dedicated server too, without the replacementfile?

Hey there, Birdseye, thanks for your message!

I looked into FFN some time ago but found it to cause rather weird ai behaviour especially on open range attacks and in combination with other ai enhancements, in particular (one of the previous versions of) VFAI and ECS.

I'll download and test it again, though; see how it works out now (lots of things have changed since then).

Thanks for the suggestion, I rather forgot about this great pack :-)

sirupdzija: I'll say!

hey dude, is there anything else? this mod is even worse than arma original driving model.

it steers even stupider.

have you played Operation Flashpoint? Is there something like driving model in ofp?

no automated motion, when you move your mouse to one side, the wheel moves that much in one direction and STAYS THERE, until you move it again.

Quote[/b] ]hey dude, is there anything else?
Not that I know of, no. I think TrueGameplayMods did quite a good job on the steering, actually. Try to tweak it to your own needs, if you can.

Birdseye: As far as I can judge now, FFN doesn't 100% fit to the other ai enhancements. As great as the features are (we have high respects for the creator), it does usually screw up open range combat. Instead of diving for cover as is usually the case during CQB, the enemy shows a behaviour that at times strongly reminds of bunny jumping back in the days when CounterStrike was beginning its downfall. I'll leave it out for now, hope that's okay with everyone.

Small update:

(* update news and postscriptum: see current latest post )

Indeed the FFN-mod doesn't fit in very well at this stage. Maybe in future releases of the mod perhaps.

Thanks for trying and testing.

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Infantry Weapons Replacement Update</span>

Added replacements for the PKM and RPG7 launcher from Robert_Hammer's AKs Pack 1.9 Beta

Download the replacement here:

http://mihd.net/ujfiydn

Download AKs Pack 1.9 Beta here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?myo3lzlujad

^Official Robert_Hammer's upload.

You also need Rebus' Italian Weapons 1.0 (weapon_replacement_mg is using the M249 SAW from it)

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=258

Replacement release with permission from The.D.

Replacement files signed and binarized.

Special thanks goes to Q for the weapon_replacement_launcher config!

Further details, full credits and typo's included in Infantry Weapon Replacements.txt

I am having a few compatibility issues between ECS and some of the mods listed in the first page of this thread.

My shortcut is as follows:

"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe"  -nosplash -mod=DBE1;@ECS;@General;@Replacements

And this is the error message, which pops up when ECS is initialised ...

erroruk3.jpg

Removing the following mods from the @General folder appears to fix the issue ...

DMSmokeEffects.pbo

DMSmokeGrenadeVB.pbo

SIX_Tracers.pbo

ECS is patched to the latest and as far as I can tell it is installed exactly as is described on the first page of this thread including the Themis fix.

Loading either @ECS or the @General folder (with the above addons) seperately does not give any error messages.

Arma version is 1.14.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

That's a curious issue... My next best guess is it could be some of the .hpp files either located in "...\ArmA\Dta" or "...\ArmA\@ECS\Bin"

I made some changes to the latter and this is what it looks like (though I am quite unsure whether that is really going to help you - I made these changes after my personal taste, mostly):

ECS_local.hpp:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

ECS_local0[] = {false};

ECS_local1[] = {};

ECS_local2[] = {false};

ECS_local3[] = {100};

ECS_local4[] = {5};

ECS_local5[] = {false};

ECS_local6[] = {false};

ECS_local7[] = {{1200,5000}};

ECS_local8[] = {false};

ECS_local9[] = {12.500000};

ECS_local10[] = {false};

ECS_local11[] = {true};

ECS_local12[] = {true};

ECS_local13[] = {true};

ECS_local14[] = {0.55};

ECS_local15[] = {true};

ECS_local16[] = {0.25};

ECS_local17[] = {true};

ECS_local18[] = {0.75};

ECS_local19[] = {true};

ECS_local20[] = {0.95};

ECS_local21[] = {true};

ECS_local22[] = {0.85};

ECS_local23[] = {true};

ECS_local24[] = {0.85};

ECS_local25[] = {true};

ECS_local26[] = {0.85};

ECS_local27[] = {true};

ECS_local28[] = {0.85};

ECS_local29[] = {true};

ECS_local30[] = {1};

ECS_local31[] = {true};

ECS_local32[] = {1};

ECS_local33[] = {1500};

ECS_local34[] = {true};

ECS_local35[] = {0.15};

ECS_local36[] = {true};

ECS_local37[] = {1};

ECS_local38[] = {true};

ECS_local39[] = {1};

ECS_local40[] = {true};

ECS_local41[] = {1};

ECS_local42[] = {true};

ECS_local43[] = {1};

ECS_local44[] = {{"Tank","M119","D30"}};

ECS_local45[] = {true};

ECS_local46[] = {true};

ECS_local47[] = {3};

ECS_local48[] = {7};

ECS_local49[] = {{"HMMWV50","HMMWVTOW","HMMWVMK","HMMWV","StrykerBase","Stryker_ICV_M2","Stryker_ICV_MK19","Stryker_TOW","UAZMG","UAZ_AGS30","UAZ","BRDM2","BRDM2_ATGM","Skoda","SkodaBlue","SkodaRed","SkodaGreen","datsun1_civil_1_open","datsun1_civil_2_covered","datsun1_civil_3_open","LandroverMG","Landrover_Closed","Landrover","car_hatchback","car_sedan","hilux1_civil_1_open","hilux1_civil_2_covered","hilux1_civil_3_open","M1Abrams","M113","M113_RACS","M113Ambul","Vulcan","Vulcan_RACS","BMP2","BMP2Ambul","T72","ZSU","AH1W","UH60MG","UH60","AH6","AH6_RACS","MH6","MH6_RACS","AV8B","AV8B2","KA50","Mi17_MG","Mi17","Su34","Su34B","A10","RHIB","RHIB2Turret","DC3","UH60MGRACS","UH60Racs","DATSUN_PK1","MAA_DATSUN_PK2","DATSUN_DSHKM1","DATSUN_DSHKM2","HILUX_PK1","HILUX_PK2","HILUX_DSHKM1","HILUX_DSHKM2","HMMWV_civil"}};

ECS_local50[] = {true};

ECS_local51[] = {{"ECS_RC_US"}};

ECS_local52[] = {5};

ECS_local53[] = {0.55};

ECS_local54[] = {5};

ECS_local55[] = {0.75};

ECS_local56[] = {true};

ECS_local57[] = {{"ECS_RC_RU"}};

ECS_local58[] = {5};

ECS_local59[] = {0.55};

ECS_local60[] = {5};

ECS_local61[] = {0.75};

ECS_local62[] = {true};

ECS_local63[] = {{"ECS_RC_RACS"}};

ECS_local64[] = {5};

ECS_local65[] = {0.55};

ECS_local66[] = {5};

ECS_local67[] = {0.75};

ECS_local68[] = {true};

ECS_local69[] = {{"ECS_RC_CIV"}};

ECS_local70[] = {5};

ECS_local71[] = {0.25};

ECS_local72[] = {5};

ECS_local73[] = {0.55};

ECS_local74[] = {true};

ECS_local75[] = {100};

ECS_local76[] = {true};

ECS_local77[] = {150};

ECS_local78[] = {false};

ECS_local79[] = {false};

ECS_local80[] = {{"ECS_RU"}};

ECS_local81[] = {{"ECS_US"}};

ECS_local82[] = {{"ECS_RACS"}};

ECS_local83[] = {{"ECS_CIV"}};

ECS_local84[] = {true};

ECS_local85[] = {false};

ECS_local86[] = {false};

ECS_local87[] = {true};

ECS_local88[] = {true};

ECS_local89[] = {50};

ECS_local90[] = {240};

ECS_local91[] = {true};

ECS_local92[] = {true};

ECS_local93[] = {0.75};

ECS_local94[] = {0.75};

ECS_local95[] = {60};

ECS_local96[] = {true};

ECS_local97[] = {0.03};

ECS_local98[] = {180};

ECS_local99[] = {true};

ECS_local100[] = {0.95};

ECS_local101[] = {15};

ECS_local102[] = {true};

ECS_local103[] = {0.95};

ECS_local104[] = {120};

ECS_local105[] = {true};

ECS_local106[] = {0.95};

ECS_local107[] = {240};

ECS_local108[] = {true};

ECS_local109[] = {0.75};

ECS_local110[] = {20};

ECS_local111[] = {0.75};

ECS_local112[] = {0.95};

ECS_local113[] = {0.75};

ECS_local114[] = {0.95};

ECS_local115[] = {0.85};

ECS_local116[] = {0.75};

ECS_local117[] = {0.85};

ECS_local118[] = {0.75};

ECS_local119[] = {0.85};

ECS_local120[] = {30};

ECS_local121[] = {30};

ECS_local122[] = {15};

ECS_local123[] = {15};

ECS_local124[] = {3};

ECS_local125[] = {0.25};

ECS_local126[] = {0.25};

ECS_local127[] = {true};

ECS_local128[] = {true};

ECS_local129[] = {true};

ECS_local130[] = {0.85};

ECS_local131[] = {true};

ECS_local132[] = {800};

ECS_local133[] = {15};

ECS_local134[] = {true};

ECS_local135[] = {true};

ECS_local136[] = {true};

ECS_local137[] = {true};

ECS_local138[] = {true};

ECS_local139[] = {true};

ECS_local140[] = {true};

ECS_local141[] = {true};

ECS_public.hpp:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

ECS_public0[] = {5.00};

ECS_public1[] = {19.00};

ECS_public2[] = {true};

ECS_public3[] = {45};

ECS_public4[] = {true};

ECS_public5[] = {false};

ECS_public6[] = {true};

ECS_public7[] = {false};

ECS_public8[] = {false};

ECS_public9[] = {true};

ECS_public10[] = {true};

ECS_public11[] = {true};

ECS_public12[] = {true};

ECS_public13[] = {true};

ECS_public14[] = {0.002};

ECS_public15[] = {0.01};

ECS_public16[] = {true};

ECS_public17[] = {true};

ECS_public18[] = {true};

This is all I can come up with, I'm afraid - does anybody else experience compatibility issues? I'm running all of the files mentioned above without any errors.

Edit: Hm, that quote-thingy kinda screwed up the forum's formatting; I broke the internet! Sorry!

I ended up re-installing everything from scratch and it seems to work ok now. No error messages so far!

I have noticed another problem though which I have had before when using mods with ARMA. When playing any of the single player missions, and attempting to revert to an autosave the game crashes to desktop. Not sure if it does the same in the campaign.

is this a known issue or is there something I can do to fix it?