Sign in to follow this  
fish44

Swapping mouse button mapping

Hi all.

Im a left hander who uses a right hand mouse except in gamming. So i want to reverse the functionality of the primary and secondary mouse functions in ARMA. However i can't seem to get access to the 'HOLD primary mouse'

Does anyone have a fix for this ?

All key actions seem to have a type of raw code associated with it, in the ArmaProfile file. I wonder is there one for this action, that i could manually change in this profile!!

Thanks

I´m not sure if it will really work for your purposes, but there is a little free program out there that lets you redefine your input and swaps keys and mouseinput to your likings. That means you can run it in windows and it will read your input and change it to the desired command. You can swap your mousebuttons this way.

I used it for a Director movie as Macromedia director doesn´t make use of the 3rd mouse button.

Here is the program:

Autohotkey page and free download

All key actions seem to have a type of raw code associated with it, in the ArmaProfile file. I wonder is there one for this action, that i could manually change in this profile!!

Thanks

That are DirectInput scan codes AFAIK. For keyboard it is simple - http://www.gamespp.com/directx/directInputKeyboardScanCodes.html (in hexadecimal).

For mouse it is probably more complicated (for me - I don't know anything about directInput). I just quickly tried to swap codes (keyDefaultAction[] be shooting) in there and it kinda worked, but there seems to be two codes for a mouse button (one for clicking and one for holding) which are a byte apart. So I would guess that codes would be :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

65538 click right

65538+127 = 65665 hold right

65536 click left

65663 hold left

Did not tested that, though.

Thanks for the response guys, have been away so havent had to try either. Will report back when ive had a chance to try them.