Sign in to follow this  
-Soviet-

ARMA Gold

Hi,

ARMA Gold is now available in Canada! smile_o.gif

I saw two copies on the shelf of EBGames in Montreal today.

647240b.jpg

That's good because it was particularly difficult to get the games before. huh.gif

I hope more canadians will play that great game now...

Good day!

-Soviet-

Nice find.

Which Version is ArmA Gold? 1.08? 1.12?

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

edit:

Quote[/b] ]Features:

New Story Based Campaign following the plot of ArmA: Combat Operations

Experience 10 new singleplayer missions and 2 new multiplayer maps

Use 6 new unique characters and 6 new vehicles, including the Dakota DC2 airplane, Vodnik Armored vehicle, and more!

Updated graphics and landscape textures

Can't wait to see the vodnik!

Hi,

Unfortunately, I was on my way to work and I didn't have the money on me this morning. sad_o.gif

But I reserved my copy and I'll get it tomorrow. I will answer your questions soon! biggrin_o.gif

A question: Where did you heard about a version 1.12? huh.gif

Good day.

-Soviet-

Arma Gold comes prepatched to the 1.08 version. I ran the 1.09 beta patch before even firing it up.

On my brand new Core2 Quad/SLI system, it runs beautifuly well...which is a relief. I actually owned the standard Arma but couldn't find it (I think I might have tossed it a long time ago after running into one bug too many). Hopefuly with this latest beta patch it represents a more finished product, but I bought it more as a benchmark than anything else (it brought my P4 3GHz/Geforce 7600 AGP to its knobby little knees, but makes me grin on my new beast).

Now that I see it running like a dream at 1440x900, and that it's been patched twice since I've last tried it, I may just start the learning curve again and get into Arma again...as pretty and smooth as Crysis is, the arcadish action is starting to get old. With 3 full campaigns, Arma Gold should fit the bill...hopefuly the add-on campaigns are a tad more exciting than the original one (I made it about half-way through before getting fed up with the bugs and dreadful performance on my machine).

Hi,

Arma Gold comes prepatched to the 1.08 version. (...)

That's what I think, too. wink_o.gif

But what about the Vodnik Armored vehicle mentioned on the Atari website?

Atari website

Is it like for the UAZ with SPG-9? I hope not... mad_o.gif

Anyways, I'll see tomorow! biggrin_o.gif

Good night!

-Soviet-

It's been out here since the 22nd of feb, that's when I bought my 5th copy, here in Edmonton anyways and it's patched to 1.08 with Queens Qambit. Queens Qambit and Arma are installed together, not seperately, if anyone is wondering.

Nice find.

Which Version is ArmA Gold? 1.08? 1.12?

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

edit:

Quote[/b] ]Features:

New Story Based Campaign following the plot of ArmA: Combat Operations

Experience 10 new singleplayer missions and 2 new multiplayer maps

Use 6 new unique characters and 6 new vehicles, including the Dakota DC2 airplane, Vodnik Armored vehicle, and more!

Updated graphics and landscape textures  

Can't wait to see the vodnik!

Are those features of the Gold Edition or the 1.12 patch?

BIS has always released its new addons with the new patches... I'd say we can expect to see it in the 1.12 patch then. Does anyone have any pics though?

Vodnik is an old BIS model (I believe at least 2 years old) and I think it is scheduled for Arma2 release. I doubt we'll get this vehicles with 1.12.

Will not make much sense if that Gold release is 1.08.

Hi,

First, ARMA Gold published by Atari in North America (Canada) is the 1.08 version. wink_o.gif

Secondly, there is no mention (Box and manual) of the Russian armoured vehicle Vodnik. Sorry! smile_o.gif

Thirdly, the UAZ with SPG-9 is mentioned in the manual but not in the editor. mad_o.gif

UAZSPG9.gif

Please BIS, finish (static and UAZ) that interesting and realistic weapon in the context of conflict. smile_o.gif

*EDIT*

Oh yeah! I almost forgot....

The game cost 49.99 CDN$, after taxes 56.43CDN$ wink_o.gif

Good day!

-Soviet-

leckig: i fall asleep during this PR bull$hit, is there anything new in it? smile_o.gif

thats the point, such a BS, for example:

"ArmA: Queens Gambit, the expansion pack only, has been released exclusively for digital download for the Windows platform for the suggested retail price of $29.95."

I cannot find the QG for download on the Atari website. They do not offer it. Only the original ArmA or the Gold version and I am not "RE"buying the whole game just to get the QG.

Arma Gold - $39.99 at local Walmart (Chesterfield, MO), saw a few copies on shelf 4 days ago.

It doesn't show up on their web site though.

Quote[/b] ]I cannot find the QG for download on the Atari website. They do not offer it. Only the original ArmA or the Gold version and I am not "RE"buying the whole game just to get the QG.

Queen's Gambit download

Don't know if that helps or not...

Mosh

Hi,

$52.49 out in the wild west including taxes biggrin_o.gif

You dont have our 7.5% QST/TVQ... a big 3.94$ more. wink_o.gif

(...), is there anything new in it? smile_o.gif

Unfortunately not.

But this is good because we now have the posibilitie to get a ''hard'' copy of ARMA in canada. smile_o.gif

However, if BIS want to add some interesting addons, I propose, after completing the SPG-9 of course:

1- A good fighter-bomber like:

Mig-21 or Mig-23

2- Or at least a front-line bomber like:

Su-7, Su-17 or Mig-27

3- A nice anti-tank gun like:

85mm D-48 or 100mm 2A29

001-2047.jpg

Very good to ambush the big bad M1A1! smile_o.gif

Ok, that's all for today!

Good day!

-Soviet-

how did this turn into an addon request thread?

No no no...

It's just a wish. wink_o.gif

You know, one of my biggest disappointment was the presence of the Ka-50 and the inclusion of SU-34 rather than a helicopter and an airplane who fit in the context of that regional conflict between two small nations. I just give some ideas for possible addons... That's all! According me, people who bought and will buy ARMA want realism. That's the big difference between ARMA and other games. That was the reason why OFP was so great and ARMA have a chace against other games.  smile_o.gif

Good day!

-Soviet-

To the best of my knowledge Arma was released a while after it came out in Europe. I have seen maybe one copy in an EB game location since I first bought the game from Direct2Drive. I have noticed that many addons are beginning to require QG and have long wondered when I would be able to purchase Queen's Gambit in North America. However, to the best of my knowledge this has yet to happen.

It is disappointing that Atari isn't going to release a boxed version of the addon, since I really don't want to go buy a boxed Gold version. And I think having Atari has a published is only hurting BI in the long run, as there distribution method seems rather poor.

edit: Also the features mentioned by Atari is Queen Gambit... lol

It is disappointing that Atari isn't going to release a boxed version of the addon, since I really don't want to go buy a boxed Gold version. And I think having Atari has a published is only hurting BI in the long run, as there distribution method seems rather poor.

We provide a fast, stable, reliable online service for people to purchase games directly from us, including QG, and far more of the proceeds go direct to the developer that way smile_o.gif

Well on the cover it says Queen's Gambit and before I bought the Gold edition, I downloaded Queen's Qambit and installed it with ZERO problems. I'm not sure what the problem people have with downloading and installing it. It's roughly the same size as most game demos out now, so where's the problem?