Sign in to follow this  
VladAlex

Kurdistan !

Here's a question....would you turkish people like a mod where you got to battle with Kurdish terrorists? (Oooh, I bet you would love to shoot the kurdish terrorist, but some guy can't make a random map)

I guess I should protest any USA Civil War mod that made a Confederate Island.

Of course there are books written 100 years ago which include the name Kurdistan but those times the conjuncture was different and it was not associated with a map and a separatist idea. Since 10-15 years, this name is being associated with a “big idea†and really offensive to the countries whose are shown as parts of this fictional land. No one wants to give their land and no one wants to see the name of the dream country of the separatist terrorists on a computer game.

It is civilized behaviour and a vital part of democracy to tolerate different opinions, instead of trying to silence dissent. Even separatists have right to express themselves peacefully, but if that right is limited it can only result in less peaceful measures. As has happened.

You also don't seem to understand that nobody except Turkish nationalists see anything offensive about the word Kurdistan. It would be better for you to "agree to disagree" instead of trying to impose censorship on others.

Yes my fascist statement sure was dead serious wasnt it? rofl.gif You gotta be kidding me, I aint gonna even reply to those people, last I checked it said ArmA - ADDONS & MODS about this section.

I really couldnt care less about real world politics because this is about a mod, otherwise I would be ranting in the offtopic section.

VladAlex: Pls Never ever change the name of this mod! tounge2.gif

The discussion about the name ends now.

The author was asked to stop calling his addon Kurdistan, he declined, as is his right, that's the end of it, discuss this addon or post in another thread please. There will be no more discussion about the name.

Looks awesome. Hows performance? I ask because I made my own mountainous map, but at view distance anything over 3k, it was laggy as hell and caused occasional CTDs because of the memory required. It was only 21k x 21k (or whatever it is), and the sat map was a reasonable resolution, so I put it down to the game engine not being able to handle alot of rough terrain because of the ammount of ground polies rendered

Just incase it was missed amongst the bollocks....

You're inspiring me to pick up my own Island making again, but the thought of performance issues for mountainous terrain puts me off, so...i'd like to know if you've cracked it (and how!wink_o.gif :P

Looks awesome. Hows performance? I ask because I made my own mountainous map, but at view distance anything over 3k, it was laggy as hell and caused occasional CTDs because of the memory required. It was only 21k x 21k (or whatever it is), and the sat map was a reasonable resolution, so I put it down to the game engine not being able to handle alot of rough terrain because of the ammount of ground polies rendered

Just incase it was missed amongst the bollocks....

You're inspiring me to pick up my own Island making again, but the thought of performance issues for mountainous terrain puts me off, so...i'd like to know if you've cracked it (and how!wink_o.gif :P

Mountains shouldn't cause any loss of frame-rate what no matter how intricate the topology may be, this must be a bad setting related to either your terrain cells, satellite raster or something else.

The frame rate is OK... Issue of frame rate can be solve with a larger cell size.

@pathy

sound like youve cranked up the cells size a bit too much.

usually the ground cells are all equal in the density, no matter how the actual terrain looks like.

mountains, meadows doesnt matter.

im not sure but does arma have a LOD system for the tarrain? like ut3 has for example

Again, I would like to see a close up view of the mountains. I have been having trouble with satellite images in close range, looking from a soldier's point of view.

Of course, I'm not an island maker-by far, I'm only starting-but it really looks promising, either from a scenario or a map point of view...

Keep it up!

P.S.: Glad we got back on track, respect to Placebo notworthy.gif

@pathy

sound like youve cranked up the cells size a bit too much.

That would be the other way around, ie. too small cells/higher res = more cells for the engine to render which in turn decreases performance.

im not sure but does arma have a LOD system for the tarrain? like ut3 has for example

Apart from in-game settings (terrain detail) there is none which can be manipulated.

My personal conclusion is that the optimum size to performance ratio regarding cells is 10 meters, this would be recommended if you intent to include an urban environment that is not sitting on a completely level surface.

For larger and more desolate terrains such as mountainous areas it could be wise to consider a 20 meter cell, This gives you rather good frame-rates with high draw-distances. However I would exercise caution with this cell dimension if you intent to lay roads parallel to steep slopes, this is because you will get very big and ugly spikes when smoothing roads horizontally with moving average.

Good Day Gents

Just Curious is this Island still in development or did you stop working on? It Really looks Great so I guess I´m not the only one looking forward to the release of this island smile_o.gif

So hope you still work on it!!

Regards

[uKF-SF] Sonnette [sgt]

The development was stopped because of my exams... crazy_o.gif

I must solve a lot of very HARD issues on that map... But considers it still in dev !

Great to hear it is still in the makings!!!! I really Hope that this will be finished once!!

And for sure hope your exams went well though wink_o.gif but guess for a smart**s as your are there should not be much of a Problem in this direction