Sign in to follow this  
Sheps

Prince Harry IS in Afganistan

Quote[/b] ]It was a simple observation followed by speculation. It's not my fault if certain people decide to make more of something than what is there.

If thats a dig at me, then I'm not quite sure what you're getting at... especially as your post is a paradox in itself...

By speculating, you're making more of something than is there.

I'd have hoped you'd have realised I was just poking humour into a rather pointless debate as to where the kid got his baseball cap.

I wished all your collective enthusiasm would not just be focussed on the matters of Afghanistan when a royal lunatic 3rd Reich crossdresser with personal bodyguards goes on the shooting range.

I bet it was a plan from the queen to get rid of him the heroic way. whistle.gifgoodnight.gif

Props to Harry for serving and a pox on the media for reporting this. I say take the media hacks who reported his location and lock them away for treason. Loose ships sink ships, we are at war. Reporting troop locations and such is not free speech, it's treason and espionage. Lock them the tower of London.

Quote[/b] ]Thats some of the biggest crap i heard, your telling me that every Afghan hates their life and ruling body? If that were the case they would simply travel across the border, these people don't want western soldiers bombing their country and telling them they are giving them freedom.

By your logic if they hate coalition troops being there so much they could "simply travel across the border." they aren't though so I guess by your logic they are cool with us being there. Game set match, have a good day.

I wished all your collective enthusiasm would not just be focussed on the matters of Afghanistan when a royal lunatic 3rd Reich crossdresser with personal bodyguards goes on the shooting range.

I bet it was a plan from the queen to get rid of him the heroic way. whistle.gifgoodnight.gif

Not sure if you were trying to be witty or clever or something, but as someone who's been around for a long time you should know flame baiting is not acceptable. I personally can't stand the royals but your comment is still clearly offensive.

Not sure if you were trying to be witty or clever or something, but as someone who's been around for a long time you should know flame baiting is not acceptable. I personally can't stand the royals but your comment is still clearly offensive.

Why,cant u stand them?,not being offence here,are you british?

if so enlighten me why u cant stand them.

Something I found interesting when watching some footage is that he was wearing a ballcap favored by US special forces, and knowing that 3rd Group's major AO is A-Stan, I also noticed that he had a patch of what looked like the 3rd Group crest velcroed to the back of his vest when they showed the footage of him getting off the plane.

Was he attached, or otherwise alongside US special forces? My knowledge of Brit military is limited, what are Ghurkas?

jesus H christ on a pushbike,

u a airsofter looking for a prince harry loadout?

here,u,go

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7272546.stm

who cares about the baseball cap!

No, I'm a prior US- Army serviceman with 2 trips to Iraq, 1 to Afghanistan, and in my time with USASOC I have been embedded alongside 2 seperate ODA's from 2 seperate groups, both of whom were using the hat. It was a simple observation followed by speculation. It's not my fault if certain people decide to make more of something than what is there.

not saying ure a airsofter,but if u say who you are ,u should know the answer,why ask?,its a baseball cap!get a grip!

i presume,ure sitting in your nice cosy house while u typed this?

bloody smurf!

Edit, rephrased: I believe Balschoiw is ex-military, with deployments to at least one less than favorable destination (Somalia), so that "nice cosy house" hasn't always been there wink_o.gif

Wish I could have served, but unfortunately bad eye-sight and busted knees prevented me sad_o.gif

price2505

There is an edit button you can use instead posting three times in a row.

price2505

There is an edit button you can use instead posting three times in a row.

Thx

Balschoiw is ex-military, with deployments to at least one less than favorable destination (Somalia), so that "nice cosy house" hasn't always been there wink_o.gif

Wish I could have served, but unfortunately bad eye-sight and busted knees prevented me sad_o.gif

Cool.you,his PR?

price2505, calm down mate, calm down. Take a chill pill.

chill-pill.jpg

Something I found interesting when watching some footage is that he was wearing a ballcap favored by US special forces, and knowing that 3rd Group's major AO is A-Stan, I also noticed that he had a patch of what looked like the 3rd Group crest velcroed to the back of his vest when they showed the footage of him getting off the plane.

Was he attached, or otherwise alongside US special forces? My knowledge of Brit military is limited, what are Ghurkas?

here,u,go

No, I'm a prior US- Army serviceman with 2 trips to Iraq, 1 to Afghanistan, and in my time with USASOC I have been embedded alongside 2 seperate ODA's from 2 seperate groups, both of whom were using the hat. It was a simple observation followed by speculation. It's not my fault if certain people decide to make more of something than what is there.

That "3rd group what-ever" flash you pointed at is actually a Blues and Royals form of insignia of which Lt Wales is an officer.

The "elite spec ops" hat can be bought for $8 in any PX in Iraq or the Stan.

Harry was operating on the ground without direct close protection because having "just another british soldier" patroling around Garmsir with his platoon plus 4 ninja sneaky types up his arse would pose more of a threat to him than if they werent there.

Engage brains!

Quote[/b] ]Balschoiw is ex-military

AFAIK, wrong.

I apologize to interrupt the flag-waving and name-calling for a second , but does this piece of tabloid news really require this aggressive style of discussion?

Did the journalist reporting Prince Harrys presence really cost us the war? Or didn't it even enhance the popularity boost he would have gotten anyways.

I fail to see how this is of any importance in the bigger picture of rethinking NATOs strategy in Afghanistan to focus more on reconstruction , raising local forces and doing something about the drugs production and useage. Those are the real issues , aren't they , so why get so upset about this?

its a baseball cap... I can go buy one in town here in Copenhagen. It doesn't thus entail that I'm attached to some covert special forces unit operating out of my office.

A likely story. Clearly a double bluff. Just come clean and admit you were the third one on the balcony.

I could, but then I'd also have to admit the only baseball cap I could find was one of those red and yellow jobbies with the helicopter blades on top. Not quite the same.

Ideal for conducting a CTR at Legoland. I never have trusted them pirates, it's the eyes.

Two Words: Fucking. Mint.

Ahh, thank you, Sir. However this linky is mintier than a Colgate factory.

I fail to see how this is of any importance in the bigger picture of rethinking NATOs strategy in Afghanistan to focus more on reconstruction , raising local forces and doing something about the drugs production and useage. Those are the real issues , aren't they , so why get so upset about this?

Who's upset? It's a morale boost.

Quote[/b] ]Balschoiw is ex-military

AFAIK, wrong.

Dig around the BHD mod topic, he stated Somalia was his first mission abroad, and he posted a pic of himself there, so I think he is ex-mil, if still active I don't know.

But anyway, Balschoiw can state it for himself.

Prince Harry came back to the UK on Saturday. wink_o.gif

Others are still doing their job in Afghanistan.

here,u,go

That "3rd group what-ever" flash you pointed at is actually a Blues and Royals form of insignia of which Lt Wales is an officer.

Think he means this patch 2nd on the left:

harry5_ss_445406a.jpg

That pic's from Kandahar airport and he doesn't have any of those patches in the images of him in Helmand, 'cept the middle one which I think's some Estonian (a nation who work closely with the Brits in Helmand) unit's patch (rather than the Blues and Royals arm badge). I therefore assume he got a couple of new patches at the airport, either from a PX or as gifts from other units flying in and out.

Not that any of that matters...

Surprised he was allowed to wear a non-issued bit of armour though. I thought the MoD were strict about only letting soldiers wear body armour that had been certified as 'effective' by them (apart from UKSF-types anyway)... but I suppose his nan is the Queen.

Ed:- Middle patch is the Estonian Single Guards Batallion:

EKV-Guard-Battalion.jpg

Surprised he was allowed to wear a non-issued bit of armour though. I thought the MoD were strict about only letting soldiers wear body armour that had been certified as 'effective' by them (apart from UKSF-types anyway)... but I suppose his nan is the Queen.

That's the new Blackhawk plate carrier which is half way between being trialled and issued.

They should be in general service sometime during Herrick 8.

It still used Osprey plates it just doesn't have the fragmentation filler.

Ed:- Middle patch is the Estonian Single Guards Batallion:

]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped....mg]

Nope, Blues and Royals insignia mate, far as i'm told.

Edit: Though what does it matter anyway? This has all turned into abit of a pointless debate now, hasnt it?

That's the new Blackhawk plate carrier which is half way between being trialled and issued.

They should be in general service sometime during Herrick 8.

It still used Osprey plates it just doesn't have the fragmentation filler.

Ah, kay, that makes a lot of sense but I had no idea we were trialling new vests (not that personal kit's my area anyway). Thought the plates probably would be issued but was surprised that they let him have a vest without a frag filler. Since he's been tearing about in a Spartan I'd have thunk that the coverage of the frag filler would have been of more importance than the strike-plates.

Edit: Though what does it matter anyway? This has all turned into abit of a pointless debate now, hasnt it?

Too bloody right mate.

Why,cant u stand them?,not being offence here,are you british?

if so enlighten me why u cant stand them.

I can't stand them because I'm a working class Northerner. And I'm English.