Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

UAV RQ-1 Predator

Hey, all ...

We finished second - armed (MQ) version of this amazing UAV.

Now the download links in first post are modified to current ZIP and EXE archives. They has both updated versions.

Enjoy It emsi_salute.gif

PS: special thanx for help belong to scubaman3D

EMSI & pochyst

Hey, all ...

We finished second - armed (MQ) version of this amazing UAV.

Now the download links in first post are modified to current ZIP and EXE archives. They has both updated versions.

Enjoy It emsi_salute.gif

PS: special thanx for help belong to scubaman3D

EMSI & pochyst

I'm flattered, but really it was Rocko over at ACE that wrote the code...I was just the facilitator smile_o.gif

By the way, will there be a new UAV management release that allows targeting with the armed Predator?

This is superb, have it running with UAV management mod for spying, all running via radio. Also added it in CEX (COC) mod, so I can run it and view its position quick from the command menu/map and also fly it if I wish. I switched to it via CEX and flew, then switched to a team and it still managed to follow the waypoint I had set for it before I took over .... loverly notworthy.gif

Thanx to all for updated links thumbs-up.gif

@scubaman3D:

smile_o.gif ok, many thanx also to Rocko ... arrive to Slovakia and we make take some beer biggrin_o.gif

Now, I'm thinking about system how to implement firing rockets from UAV management.

Anyway, as mrcash2009 wrote, easiest and effective way how to use Predator is to set him as "playable" unit. Then you have control over recon systems and also weapons.

what are the vehicle classname of these UAVs? also where do i browse for other classnames?

because i was only able to find a repository of BIS made classnames here

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:ArmA_Classes

and for addons they usually also ad the classname of their addon weapons/vehicles on their readme.

but are there a program out there that are able to browse classnames that are installed on my ArmA folder?

thanks in advance.

Trying to get this system to work. Ive created a mission with a cone set as the mru. Im using the rq1 and have named it predator. I have a trigger that executes the script and the console pops up. when I click on View Recon nothing happens. Ive got the description.ext and other files in my mission folder. How do I get it to work.

Trying to get this system to work. Ive created a mission with a cone set as the mru. Im using the rq1 and have named it predator. I have a trigger that executes the script and the console pops up. when I click on View Recon nothing happens. Ive got the description.ext and other files in my mission folder. How do I get it to work.

That kept happening to me over and over again. My problem came from the uav straying over enemy terrority almost immediately after start and getting shot down before I could view recon.

Did you make sure the uav is well away from any enemies? I started placing mine out over the ocean some where.

I have no enemy units on the map. Just me and the UAV to try to make it work.

Sorry, probably you have problem with your Predator called as "predator" and not as "uav" ...

My mistake in manual huh.gif ... please, read this first post ...

Hey there, this was a great addon. Any chance of getting this ported to ARMA 2. The problem with the Reaper in A2 is its just to fast. This game needs the slower MQ-1 BAdly