Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console

great job on this package mando. We are having a blast with it on our server. Question about Evac

I flew and evac mission to get extracted from a hot zone. the Helo was very hesitant to land. When it did land it started back the the evac point then stopped before it got there and went back to the extraction point. Is there something special going on in the script. I noticed the pilot is set to CARELESS. Wont this cause him to be more careful about where he goes. thanks for any info about the flying pattern.

No, there is nothing special about it, you just select support point and destination and the chopper is supposed to arrive, wait for you (it may wait for you even hovering quite low over water in case you eject from a plane over the sea), then wait few seconds more in case more units want to board it, and then proceed to the evac point. But meanwhile ArmA AI might pretty well make that pilot use weird paths to reach each waypoint.

ok great thanks for the update. Also Im using my own ammo box in the ammo drop. When the helo comes over it drops an empty parachute and the ammo crate automatically appears on the ground.

No, there is nothing special about it, you just select support point and destination and the chopper is supposed to arrive, wait for you (it may wait for you even hovering quite low over water in case you eject from a plane over the sea), then wait few seconds more in case more units want to board it, and then proceed to the evac point. But meanwhile ArmA AI might pretty well make that pilot use weird paths to reach each waypoint.

Ok also why use CARELESS instead of COMBAT

Because you want that chopper concentrated into the evac mission, and not enganging enemies here and there.

About the ammo box, is this a BIS ammo box with content changed or just a different ammo box comming with some addon?

Because you want that chopper concentrated into the evac mission, and not enganging enemies here and there.

About the ammo box, is this a BIS ammo box with content changed or just a different ammo box comming with some addon?

different ammo box from an addon. The addon is present as I have the same ammo box on the ground elsewhere. Im using

mando_airsupport_type_ambox = "ACE_WeaponBox"; in my init.sqf.

Well, no idea about that addon, I tested the ammo boxes transport only with BIS ones.

i noticed something strange in the no dialog airstrikes

i made an mission where you as soldier are responible for calling in a CAS using the normal radio menu's (using nodlg) the plane comes in and attacks the enemy tank just fine but then the strange thing happens the marines are dropped on shore by M113's and those are WEST like the player but after the OPFOR T-72 is destroyed the plane starts attacking the M113's blowing them sky high and killing the marines whom are still close to the M113's

(ps. the pilot has been executed for treason :P)

question

i am trying to make a cool mission using the mando No DLG i have the west options ready (you call in what you need by action menu) but now i need the east options done when i activate a trigger with the  

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">["CALL_CAP", getmarkerPos "russup", getMarkerPos "mk_start2", getMarkerPos "mk_dest2",east, objNull,""] execVM"mando_bombs\mando_airsupport_nodlg.sqf";

it will still spawn a west fighter who get attacked by east AAA and tanks and the plane will engage the east soldiers

now how do i set this up correctly ?

(same goes for the east rinforcements who gets called in on a certain time) (need to now how to call the east troopers inside a MI-17 )

i also tried

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">["CALL_CAP", getmarkerPos "russup", getMarkerPos "mk_start2", getMarkerPos "mk_dest2",sideenemy, objNull,""] execVM"mando_bombs\mando_airsupport_nodlg.sqf";

but to no avail.... the script keeps spawning 2 FA-18's for CAP

This is because the no dlg version is still using the side of the player to determine the side of the spawned units, and also the type. Check how the side is handled in the dlg version using a global var, and use that var instead of side players for these mission types you need to set for several sides.

Have anybody got any experience in how to add this script to an addon and execute it via the useraction...?

I'm trying to create a FAC vehicle for my own usage but gets at CTD

Can somebody explain me in a quick way what to write in the statement...?

class UserActions

{

class Display_Action

{

displayName = "Air Support console";

OnlyForPlayer = true;

position = "window";

default = false;

radius = 10;

condition = "player in this;";

statement = ...what do I write here...?";

};

};

hi mando,

I don`t know if this is ever asked before, i know how to get this in warfare but i want to "pay" for the support ,like everything in warfare.

I tried to explain a bit smile_o.gif

a player buys a radio, so he can call airsupport (with the radio on the map and click for the position) but the whole thing is he must pay for the support he calls in, and ofcourse its not all the time he can call in support or others players can call on the same time the same support (if gunships are already called nobody can call them because they are bussy)

i hope its a bit clear but if you have questions , please go ahead.

Are you talking about console support or on map click support?

Anyway I dont know how things work in Warfare, never played it.

But if you can buy vehicles, I would go for a more standard solution: if you have a commanding vehicle, then you can use the console.

i searched in the help site of you but i cant find it

i gonna use the mapclick support (that is what i found, how to) but i want only use that if the player have an radio (A.C.E) with him

and its not all the time we can use support like every 10 min or so . and 1 or 2 planes on the same time in the field not more than that.

Is that all possible ? if i ask to much , my apologize for that

and have you artillery support ?

Yes, that's possible as the on map click support allowance criteria is fully under mission designer control. Check the last post of this thread.

I dont have any automatic arty support, while you can use the arty sadarm included in the demo missions: An artillery unit player controlled firing SADARM rounds.

well , you can say that is the same question crazy_o.gif

It isn`t me thats for sure !

Ok i try it out, but i am not such good in it ,but gonna try to learn

I think the main problem might be related to first understand how buy-item mechanism works with Warfare. After this, it is all a matter of giving the buyer an action to activate the support, a simple action menu addded to the player might be more than enough. So, you buy "support" and an action menu is added, when the player activates the action menu then you simply execute mando_bombs_basic_mapclick with the desired parameters.

well i know that this works with the console

Quote[/b] ][] spawn

{

private["_acidx1", "_acidx2", "_unit", "_veh"];

_acidx1 = -1;

_acidx2 = -1;

while {true} do

{

waitUntil {("Laserdesignator" in weapons player) && (alive player)};

_acidx1 = player addAction ["Console: Air support", "mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.sqf"];

while {("Laserdesignator" in weapons player) && (alive player)} do

{

_unit = player;

if (vehicle _unit != _unit) then

{

_veh = vehicle _unit;

_acidx2 = vehicle _unit addAction ["Console: Air support", "mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.sqf"];

waitUntil {(vehicle _unit == _unit) || (!alive _unit)};

_veh removeAction _acidx2;

};

Sleep 1;

};

_unit removeAction _acidx1;

};

};

but that is for the console trough the action menu, and it acivate when you buy an Laserdesignator.

So it seems that i must in this code to get mapclick support

If you want to enable it when you have an LD, then yes. But I think you are pursuing a different effect, for example, you buy "support" and then you can execute support only once, then you need to buy again.

With the LD you can have a similar effect if the script that activates the support also removes the LD from player's inventory.

hmm, lets see first if i can enable support mapclick support by buying a radio.

Then see if its possible to buy the support

Any chance of porting this over to Arma2 please Mandoble ? Would be superb!

Any chance of porting this over to Arma2 please Mandoble ? Would be superb!

+1 PLEASE it was the best component that could be added to missions, hope you consider it.

No doubt. Your script packs are gems. There would be nothing better then seeing Mando in A2.