Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console

Mando,

In the support console you have an option ( Setup and Info ) What is that its all empty here ,and if you can set something up where and wich file must i edit ?

Boshart, the setup and info dialog should not be empty unless you are using and old console version. It has text controls and five list boxes which content and selection actions you may setup. Read here the meaning of the global vars related to that dialog starting with mando_airsupport_info and the five sets of opt vars.

You may also check mando_bombs_armedrec.Sara init.sqf, where the contents of these listboxes are set.

Nice Mando ,

its not empty any more ,I was always wondering why it was empty,

Another question ; can i change the default aircraft ? is that in the mando_airsupport_nodlg file ? its for CAS air support and want to change the coppers also

Nice Mando ,

its not empty any more  ,I was always wondering why it was empty,

Another question ; can i change the default aircraft ? is that in the mando_airsupport_nodlg file ? its for CAS air support and want to change the coppers also

The file I change that stuff in is "mando_airsupportdlg", I believe. It's the largest file by far @ 230kb+, I know that much. When you open it up there are some instructions on top that mention which line changes with support vehicle. Scroll down past line 850 or a little further and you will see the class names for the different default support vehicles. If you change these the vehicle of your choice will respond to your support calls, dependent upon which class name you enter for each support option.

You dont need to modify any script, you may just modify the corresponding global vars to change the default planes for every mission type, check them here.

You may change these variables from init.sqf or from anywhere else, but again, you dont need to modify the console scripts.

You dont need to modify any script, you may just modify the corresponding global vars to change the default planes for every mission type, check them here.

You may change these variables from init.sqf or from anywhere else, but again, you dont need to modify the console scripts.

ok ,

I am an noob with scripts and things and want to try to understand all and want to learn it, so please forgive me if i am asking a bit much.

so you say that i must add this to my init file :

Quote[/b] ]mando_airsupport_type:

And then i put the type airplane that i want ?

The way I do it, besides placing them in the init, is to open up "mando_airsupportdlg.hpp" and change the class names that begin around line 850. If you look at the green instructions at the beginning of this file it will tell you which lines+class names are for each support option. Each type has 3 different class name options, for RACS, BLUFOR and OPFOR for that type of support action.

The link Mandoble provided a few posts up also gives the breakdown of which variable is used for each support action.

Just check starting at line 850 in "mando_airsupportdlg.hpp" and look for the class names. Once you see it, it's pretty easy to get the idea of what's going on and what needs to be changed.

Basically, if you dont set these variables to the values you wish (outside the script), the script will use default values which are coded inside the script. But at any time you may change the values of these globals, even from code vars assigned to the listboxes of the info/setup dialog. For example, you may setup one of these lisboxes with different types of planes for up to five mission types, one set of plane types per each existing listbox (just an idea).

that is an idea also ..for in the future i am just doing this step by step .

so you say that is must put this in the init :

Quote[/b] ]mando_airsupport_type = "49th_f16";

And it will override the "standard"ones .i am correct at this ?

Nice, and the idea of the setup/info to put the aircraft in the box5 is also verry nice idea

Its just an great script notworthy.gif

How can I run this in multiplayer. If I have 3 people on the server it spawns three sets of aircraft.

["CALL_GUNSHIPS", getPos player, getMarkerPos "mk_start", [0,0,0], side player, objNull,""] execVM"mando_bombs\mando_airsupport_nodlg.sqf";

Im executing this from a radio call and trigger.

That's the problem using triggers, their actions once triggered are executed everywehere.

That's the problem using triggers, their actions once triggered are executed everywehere.

Is there a different way to do this. should I do it as an action? We tried using the air console but it crashed the server. So Im trying to use this single action.

the console works fine with dedi and non-dedi servers, so you may use it at will. Optionally you may add actions to some radio equipments here and there, and the actions will be executed always locally.

the console works fine with dedi and non-dedi servers, so you may use it at will. Optionally you may add actions to some radio equipments here and there, and the actions will be executed always locally.

gave it another go on the server. Worked great. For the gunship mission in the console can I limit the number of helos per mission with a variable. I cant find it. So instead of 2 helos attacking only 1 attacks. Im using the support console.

It is fixed to 2, if you want only 1 then open mando_airsupportdlg.sqf, look for CALL_CAS_CA and few lines below you will find:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_planes = [];

for [{_i = 0},{_i < 2},{_i=_i+1}] do

{

Change the {_i < 2} by {_i < 1}

sorry if this has been asked before... whistle.gif

but how do i make custom planes perform the airstrikes instead of the harrier?

Edit: sorry...didn't see it...cuz i obviously didn't look carefully enough whistle.gif

u might already know...but this is SUPERBAD!!!

Well, it has been asked and replied before multiple times and it is also documented into the online and offline help files. Check here all the types you may change under the global variable list.

It is fixed to 2, if you want only 1 then open mando_airsupportdlg.sqf, look for CALL_CAS_CA and few lines below you will find:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_planes = [];

for [{_i = 0},{_i < 2},{_i=_i+1}] do

{

Change the {_i < 2} by {_i < 1}

Mando you have done a terrific job with this. Now one last question and I hope it doesnt repeat a previous post.

If I a playing in mulitplayer and two players have the console and both call in reinforcements, will the group attach to the respective player? I hope that makes sense. Will they interfere with each other if they called it at the same time?

Each group will join to the corresponding player group. But if both players are in the same group, then all the reinforcements will join the same group, of course.

Mando,

if i want to use the cruise missile i have this :

Quote[/b] ]mando_airsupport_cmissile = rhib1;

mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos = [0,-4, 1];

mando_airsupport_cmissile_alt = 300

in the init file ,

but i still get the message that there is no cruise missle laucher not present,

the map mando_missiles is present

mando_airsupport_cmissile global var must contain a valid vehicle to act as cruise missile launcher, for example a RHIB named rhib1.

ok , i forgot to name the boat ..stupid of me ..

and in the console i can use everhyting about 8 times ,but when i used all of it, wil this stay on 0 or will it goes back to 8 on time ?

It is up to you to reset these counters using any criteria you want. These are global vars too you may set initially to any value you wish and after that you may increase or decrease their value at will during the mission. Make sure to read the online help with ALL the global vars you may play with (there are really a lot of them).