Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console

Mando another one for 1.59

I created a mission using DAC 2.0, CEX and mando air support console. Needless to say it creates an insane battle. I also subed the av8 recon aircraft for the MQ-1 addon. works perfectly. I used the air assault option and was a little disappointed to watch troops jumping out of helos instead of helos landing and disembarking. Would make a spectacular affect to have them land instead of jump. Think it can be done? So far everything is working beautifully. Keep up the good work.

1. mando_airsupport_bomb_altmax = 1000; check the readme and online help for globals.

2. Yes, it acts as designator but only for mando missile armed planes or for the reco plane itself if also armed:

mando_airsupport_armedrec = true;

mando_airsupport_armedrec_max = 8;

So in this system is a Laser guided bomb considered a missle?

Yes, it is already included inside the console script and this function activates when the script detects Mando Missile initialized in your mission.

About helos landing and troops disembarking, the problem is that you may need the troops in areas where ArmA helos will keep crashing always when trying to land (cities, forests, mountains). With the current system you might have reinforcements or friendly troops everywhere in the map.

From a coding point of view .... Is there a way to check if there are any trees placed near the landing zone? Or if the contours are too close together that would make such a landing unsuitable?

Just trying to be helpful.

@gunterlund, do you have a copy of your mission your could PM me please mate ... interested to see what it's like. Will PM you my port of Sabotage in return smile_o.gif

@Mandoble, have had a GOOD play with 1.58 now and I'm VERY pleased with what it can do. Is it possible for other players in a commander's team to be able to access the camera feed to see what he sees? Also with lots of air support operating in an area it would be nice (if possible) to switch between ALL the cameras, not just the latest one. Possible or not ?

Keep up this AMAZING work smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

@gunterland could I also have a copy of your mission I had been meaning to do this also, in return you can have my mando enabled warfare missions.

I also would love the option to disembark troops on the ground if its possible.

Yes, it is already included inside the console script and this function activates when the script detects Mando Missile initialized in your mission.

About helos landing and troops disembarking, the problem is that you may need the troops in areas where ArmA helos will keep crashing always when trying to land (cities, forests, mountains). With the current system you might have reinforcements or friendly troops everywhere in the map.

How bout making it optional (another mando console button) to do either way. I know you have the ability to do precision landings as in your helo script(ie your evac lands right on target). Keep up the great work.

There is a difference between evac chopper and troop transport. Evac chopper lands there where you mark origin and destination on the map. But in the case of reinforcements or airborne assault what you mark in the map is the position where you want the troops (the troops will go there, will seek and destroy around and then will hold that position), and of course, that position itself and the surrounding area might not be suitable at all for helicopter landings.

Anyway, I will think about the possibility of integrating mando heli route script within the console for precission landings, but while this might be a solution for city areas, this will not help at all when you need the troops in a dense forest, the chopper would crash when landing, or when taking off (killing any soldier nearby).

Anyway, I will think about the possibility of integrating mando heli route script within the console for precission landings, but while this might be a solution for city areas, this will not help at all when you need the troops in a dense forest, the chopper would crash when landing, or when taking off (killing any soldier nearby).

Thats why we need both... Your the man Mando tounge2.gif

Just come back on cant beleive April 13th last post really been out of playing Arma mainly been playing other games so thats why.

Just come back to say doing awesome job Mando and credit to community cant wait to see what you come up with for Arma 2. smile_o.gif

You will see that implemented by September (vacation time now).

Have a well earned rest Mandoble.

[TAO] Kremator

PS looking forward to seeing what you have for us smile_o.gif

Probably something about your idea for the cameras will be there too wink_o.gif

about the reinforcement chopper problem my suggestion would be to combine mando's INCREDIBLE stuff with one of the rope scripts (don't know if it's called like that).

that would look cooler anyways instead of gliding down (too) chilled into the danger area...

For chopper reinforcements or troop assaults there will be two options: land and disembark or jump (the console operator decides). I cannot use ropes as to be reallistic it would require some extra addon.

@Mando

i was just dreamin... inlove.gif

but maybe you could team up with him http://www.armabase.de/page/include.php?path=news&contentid=134

or them

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=70297

i swear if i could i would help you do it. but your console is a piece of art anyways.

but i have one little question: could it be possible that slx's wind influence on projectile feature makes the single bomb run feature of your air support console not hit the target?!?!

because i experienced the bombers throwing their bomb some meters(about 50 sumthin) behind the desired location...

BadBenson, these two ropes require addons. We have one in ofpec which is addonless but it is based on particles for the ropes and the ropes are "invisible" if you are not close enough, so I will not use that for the console.

Wind doesnt affect mando bombs.

although i don't understand why it is a problem to use additional addons...thx for the quick answer about the wind.

Dumbass question time   help.gif , no matter what syntax combination i cant get multiple troops to drop with reinforcements (I had this working before but lost the mission and cant find example with multiple men) I have had a break and not used mando for a bit.

So, can someone quickly spoon feed me the exact syntax array of reinforcement infantry type please?

IE:

Quote[/b] ]mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["joh_armysf_bdu_gl"];

How would I write this line for say 2 extra men? (don't worry about class name this is Johnys SF units)

I know its a shoddy question I trawled the thread but its very looooong, readme states "array" but no example I could see, and its getting late and my head hurts.

For example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["TeamLeaderW", "SoldierWMedic","SoldierWAT","SoldierWB","SoldierWB","SoldierWB","SoldierWB","SoldierWB","SoldierWB","SoldierWB"];

Make sure your array has not more members than these that fit into your transport chopper cargo positions.

Ok thank you I did try that exact syntax (I posted to make sure I wasn't missing something) but it seemed as though johnny SF units will ignore the first man and only drop the second when adding 2 men? Anyway with a clear head I will try later with that pack and see, hopefully user error will show through I know it must be something like that as I had this nailed a few weeks back.

Mandoble I had some other questions about this addon and ways to tie it into COC mod.

1. Is there a script way to have for example COC setup with 3 fire teams alpha, bravo, charlie, when one team get wiped out use airborne assault to re-supply a team, not only to patrol designated area but to then have the same name variable that COC will recognize to come back under your control with COC?

I understand COC initializes at start up but not sure if its workable so as the group get dropped in you could tag the group with a name tag to match COC's existing team that is now dead/off the map/not controllable and then have it become active again.

I was thinking in terms of scenario's where you want a resupply of troops or vehicles etc and ways that could tie them into COC to come under your control dynamically.

yes i would also like to know how to tie this in with COC (sounds a bit rude:-) and then also link both in with warfare. so for example the air support costs money etc (I know warfare and coc arnt really your department mando but perhaps you could give us some pointers)

COC/CEX

Maybe putting it another way, could you implement an option that gives the group inserted via drop a name variable or is there a way that can already be done?

The thing that COC uses is the name of the leader in the unit to tag itself to it so you can operate the unit by command map. So its just a case on this addons end to create a specific name option when the unit is spawned and then dropped (name can be set in config or array setup to change it later in mission).

Im still not sure about COC's end once mission has begun though but that's nothing to do with this addon.

Dont worry if not anyway if its not worth it, unless there already is this and im missing it anyway.

Array for Evac chopper change in-game

** EDIT - sorted it simply by using radio to change var **

New sound comms issue

I cannot get radio voice to work at all and ive tried many combination's, here's what I have:

Description.ext:

Quote[/b] ]

class CfgRadio

{

sounds[] = {};

class req_re

{

name = "req_re";

sound[] = {"incoming.ogg", db-1, 1.0};

title = "Requesting, over.";

};

class rep_re

{

name = "rep_re";

sound[] = {"incoming.ogg", db-1, 1.0};

title = "Roger that Alpha, reinforcements are on the way, over.";

};

};

init.sqs

Quote[/b] ]

mando_radio_req_re = "req_re";

mando_radio_rep_re = "rep_re";

I also noticed a correction in your ofpec thread that the global var needs to be in quotes, but in the readme example it isnt, ive tried both and still nothing. The ogg is a working ogg taken from Chicago Satcom addon so I know it works, ive got it sat in the root of my mission folder and also in a folder "sound" just incase.

Either way on refreshing mission and trying I get nothing at all, message is the same as default .. not a sausage, im a bit lost now. Ive tried different var names, quote, no quotes, putting the ogg in "sound" folder and referencing \sound\incoming.ogg etc created a test ogg myself with same bit rates and tried referencing that in the same way and root plus "sound" folder refs, but still no joy.

Anyone have a running version with an ogg and maybe zip a share so I can compare at all?

FLIR

In the Ofpec thread someone mentioned using the new FLIR addition, I searched that in the readme but didnt see reference to it, sorry if im blind but where do I switch this on, is it simply taken over the night vision?