Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console

yeah thats what I mean. So you can lock onto a spot on the ground. The other recon/Uav addon had it... was really usefull.

It would be amazing if you could get this to work on a plane that you are flying in. .It would be like the camera pods that planes actually have. If anybody can do it you can mando. You could be flying then switch to the camera view controll the plane with the method you have, but be able to lock up targets and fire missiles at them.

Anyway just an idea dont know if it makes sense or is possible.

thanks again

Well, this is already possible with Mando Missile ArmA 2.4, but do not expect 2.4 being public in the very very near future wink_o.gif

EDIT: I also know of some addons which are already integrated with mando missile firing system and use a camera to mark remote targets which might be enganged by them or by nearby units remote-targeting capable (AI or playable). It works just like stock ArmA laser designator. These are still beta and not public.

this script works great! it's just brilliant!

i have a few questions though, is it possible to direct the free fall bomb to where i direct my laser designator at?

you know as in the plane will drop the bomb in the general area i pointed it to in the air support console, but the bomb will drop where i designate it to(via laser designator).

because i tried it and it doesn't seem to work, because the free fall bomb is more like a free fall GPS guided bomb, where the impact point is already programmed.

thanks in advance.

Yeah I don't think it works like that.

Now IF we could call in CAS that would 'look' for laser deisgnators that would be good. Perhaps a couple of AV8Bs flying REALLY high, that could tell you when on station. I think there is ONE tab that Mandoble could assign smile_o.gif

As you have seen, we ask and the guru listens and implements.

What do you think, Mandoble?

[TAO] Kremator

That functionality is already included with Mando Missile ArmA, so there is no need to include it again in Mando Bombs console.

Einsena, look for mando_laserbomb.Sara.zip attached at the first post here. It is a basic example of air support using mando missiles and your laser designator. A su34 will drop laser guided bombs that will follow your laser mark.

Einsena, look for mando_laserbomb.Sara.zip attached at the first post here. It is a basic example of air support using mando missiles and your laser designator. A su34 will drop laser guided bombs that will follow your laser mark.

thanks a bunch! i already downloaded Mando Missile's but haven't yet tried it. i was simply too awestruck by Mando Bombs to try anything else for the past couple of days lol!

will definitely try it after this, great script this is, again thanks!

Updated to v1.51, check first post.

Changes in v1.51:

- Now reconnaissance camera movement is independent of plane's banking and marked positions are broadcasted to any player of the same side as the reco plane. If you take control of reco camera while the plane is ingressing, the plane will hold position on destination until you turn its camera off.

So lets say the plane has reached the destination and has turned around, will it still hold position?

If you take control of the camera before it reaches its destination, it will keep turning around destination position until you turn off camera control. Then the plane will egress and after that the vehicles, ships and static weapons detected by the plane will be transmitted to all the players of the plane's side.

If you turn on camera control after the plane has reached destination, the plane will egress no matter if camera control is on or off.

Dev update, what is comming up?

- New option available (will require mando missile): Laser strike. A plane will aproach the support position and, if a player has a laser designator, it will be able to mark targets for the plane. As it is mando missile based, the plane might be of any type, even a Camel might perform accurate laser guided bombs attack. Positions with reco camera locked on (see below) will be also considered targets for laser bombs attacks. So now you can use the camera of a reco plane to mark targets, at the same time call for a laser strike, and keep the camera lock until the targer is destroyed.

- You will be able to lock reco camera pointing at a position in the terrain. While the camera is locked, and if mando missile is present, the marked postion will become a potential target for laser guided bombs attacks as described above. This position will be also available as remote target for any existing unit with an automatic mando missile attack system able to lock on remote targets.

Dev update, what is comming up?

- New option available (will require mando missile): Laser strike. A plane will aproach the support position and, if a player has a laser designator, it will be able to mark targets for the plane. As it is mando missile based, the plane might be of any type, even a Camel might perform accurate laser guided bombs attack. Positions with reco camera locked on (see below) will be also considered targets for laser bombs attacks. So now you can use the camera of a reco plane to mark targets, at the same time call for a laser strike, and keep the camera lock until the targer is destroyed.

- You will be able to lock reco camera pointing at a position in the terrain. While the camera is locked, and if mando missile is present, the marked postion will become a potential target for laser guided bombs attacks as described above. This position will be also available as remote target for any existing unit with an automatic mando missile attack system able to lock on remote targets.

i think i just wet my pants...

public release please tounge2.gif

Very nice, I'm much more in favour of a UAV style recon, instead of the fly over.

Very nice, I'm much more in favour of a UAV style recon, instead of the fly over.

if we can somehow marry this with the UAV management script, that'd be amazing.

What is what you call "UAV style" recon?

I use EMSIs UAV in my mission that uses Mando Bombs VERY effectively. However, what would be even better is the UAV to circle the point at a fixed distance rather than crossing the waypoint again and again (although I don't know how this could be scripted Mandoble)

In terms of functionality Mando Bombs is amazing, but I'm sure Mando has other things up his sleeve that will BLOW US AWAY !

[TAO] Kremator

Well, if you take control of the camera while the reco plane is aproaching the destination, the reco plane will keep turning and turning around destination point forever. You can determine the altitude, but not the radious of the circles.

Mando just a thought for a future version of mando console,

would it be possible to get the AI to use the features of the console to create a sort of CTI

You see I used to play EECH helicopter sim it had a great campaign where 1st a recon would be sent out then attack choppers followed by support infantry etc to capture various objectives. This campaign system worked really well. I was thinking if you could get the AI to use all the systems in Mando console to advance across the map taking points creating support for itself it would be very similar to EECH's campaign.

so

1. recon is sent out

2. airstrikes /attack choppers

3. Infantry

4. Support trucks flown in to create a FARP

5. repeat for next objective.

basically I think it would be great to see a CTI made by you using all your systems..

anyway just an idea bye :-)

REALLY like the create FARP idea !

Isn't there a spare button on the console that could be used to fly in a 4 chopper flight with all the required things for a FARP?

[TAO] Kremator

colligpip, I dont think the AI will be able to do anything with all the options of the console. Everything should be scripted (when, where and why to call for some specific support type), even more, what to do with what the mission provides: extra trucks, ammo, recco info, evacuations, reinforcements, airborne assaults, etc. So, what you are proposing is not exactly to make the AI able to use all these options, but really to create a fully new gameplay logic for the AI, which certainly is not the intention of this support console. If you have played the Clash of Armadas mission, you will see that with all these options available, to take correct decissions might be quite hard even for human players, go figure how complex might be to script that decission tree.

Kremator, I might be wrong, but these FARP missions are just to provide fuel and ammo. You already can provide ammo, and fuel is not a serious factor to be considered with ArmA distances. But if you need fuel, set the vehicle class type for vehicle support mission to a fuel truck, and you will have fuel there where you want it.

yes you are right mandoble i just had a flash of an idea :-)

I have played clash of armadas and I love it reminds me of the game dangerous waters. I recommend anybody to try it.

Yes i had been creating my own farps with the console taking an area and bringing in supplies etc.

Updated to v1.52:

- Reconnaissance camera can now be locked on a position. If Mando Missile ArmA is initialized in the mission, that position may be used as target for laser guided bombs attacks.

- Laser guided bombs attacks added. If Mando Missile is initialized you will be able to use any plane type for that kind of missions. You may use your own laser designator or the reconnaissance camera to lock on targets.

- If Mando Missile is initialized, gunships will use medium range AG missiles against enemy vehicles or ships.

- If Mando Missile is initialized, CAP planes will use medium range AA missiles increasing noticeabily the effectiveness of CAP missions.

- New mando_bombs_laserandcap.Sara mission added. Use CAP, reco and laser guided bombs missions to take control over the enemy airfield.

yay.gif

Putting it into my missions now.

Thanks Mandoble !

[TAO] Kremator

uu a new Mando mod... INSTA DOWNLOAD!

still trying it out! thanks Mando!

- Reconnaissance camera can now be locked on a position. If Mando Missile ArmA is initialized in the mission, that position may be used as target for laser guided bombs attacks.

how do i make a Cruise Missile Launcher? i already have Mando Missiles but i haven't have any luck yet trying to make a launcher from it.

also the laserandcap mission works great, the Laser Designator addition is amazing! thanks!

lol sorry for the edit!

for everyone's else information lol the original question was how can i use the recon plane as a laser designator?

P.S. thanks for the answer! it's AMAZING!

To use the reco camera to mark laser targets:

- Mark a support point, call for a reco plane and take control of the camera clicking the RC ON button.

- Now move, zoom in/out the camera until it is over the desired spot and left click to fix the position. The camera steerable area box will turn red.

- If you hidden the console buttons, unhide it rightclicking on the screen. Setup a ingress height over 200m, click "LA" button and wait with the camera locked on until the laser guided bombs plane arrives and attacks the position (if you unlock the camera, the bomber will lose the target).

To use the camera to illuminate targets you need Mando Missile initialized in your mission, else you can only use the Laser designator and planes with real laser guided ordenance.

EDIT: LOL, it seems you changed your question while I was replying.

Now you have two options for cruise missile launchers.

- Use one from the console.

- Create one able to lock on REMOTE targets, which will attack laser designated targets automatically.

To use a cruise missile launcher from the console you need to setup some global vars in your init.sqf

- mando_airsupport_cmissile: name of the unit that will work as cruise missile launcher.

- mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos: relative pos in launcher model coordinates of the launch position (where the missile will be created at launch time).

- One or several of the following:

mando_support_left_cm_WEST: Maximum number of west cruise missile attacks (default value is 8).

mando_support_left_cm_EAST: Maximum number of east cruise missile attacks (default value is 8).

mando_support_left_cm_GUER: Maximum number of res cruise missile attacks (default value is 8).

mando_support_left_cm_CIV: Maximum number of civ cruise missile attacks (default value is 8).

And make sure mando_support_no_cm and mando_support_no_sat are not set to true anywhere in your mission, that would disable the cruise missile buttons.

For example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// Init.sqf

mando_airsupport_cmissile = myship1;

mando_support_left_cm_WEST = 24;

mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos = [0, -4, 4];

// anything else below

And now add a west side ship named myship1 in your mission.