Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console

This is a brilliant system, nice work Mandoble. The interface is great and the SADARMs are fantastic. I'm using this in a mission I am working on.

One request, would you be able to put all of the scripts into one subfolder? It helps to keep mission directories neat and tidy.

Again, great stuff.

Bingham67, put the following at the beginning of your init.sqf and you will have 20 of every one (do you really need to blow up the entire Island tounge2.gif ). Well, if your side is not west, change by the corresponding side (check script header or read me for a complete list of options).

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// Init.sqf

mando_support_left_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_ca_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_pa_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_cm_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_rc_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_am_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_ve_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_re_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_cp_WEST = 20;

Tacrod, you are right. I've got a request to include EVAC missions, so at the end it will be a new release with evac and all the scripts into a subfolder. Probably, as with Mando Missile, in script folder and addon "shape".

Bingham67, put the following at the beginning of your init.sqf and you will have 20 of every one (do you really need to blow up the entire Island tounge2.gif ). Well, if your side is not west, change by the corresponding side (check script header or read me for a complete list of options).

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// Init.sqf

mando_support_left_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_ca_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_pa_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_cm_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_rc_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_am_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_ve_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_re_WEST = 20;

mando_support_left_cp_WEST = 20;

Tacrod, you are right. I've got a request to include EVAC missions, so at the end it will be a new release with evac and all the scripts into a subfolder. Probably, as with Mando Missile, in script folder and addon "shape".

Thanks smile_o.gif

Ye i must blow up everything rofl.gif

Dev update, what's comming next:

- Cruise missile saturation attacks (requires mando missile): The support area is scanned looking for vehicles, static weapons and ships. Then the cruise missile launcher selects up to four targets and fires 2 missiles per target in sequence. The cruise missiles might be intercepted if the enemy has anti-missile capable launchers or mando guns. This will be a quite powerful option working together with air reconnaissance missions once ArmA gets some serious naval fleets.

- Ingress arc limits: Now you can define limits for ingress direction, for example, any air support mission might ingress only from East, beteen 45 and 135 degrees, and so on. If you dont define limits, the missions may ingress from any direction.

- Evac missions: You can call for evac, a chopper will aproach and land at the marked position, it will wait until you give the egress command from the console, then the chopper will go to the position of a marker, where it will land and wait again for a new evac call.

Hey Mandoble,

Would it be possible to have the Reconnaisance aircraft actually remain on station for about 5 minutes and 'FEED' live pictures of the area to the caller (or commander) ?

This would indeed make this addon standard for all missions involving a commander position.

[TAO] Kremator

So far there is no way to take "pictures" in ArmA. You can use a camera, but the images would be real-time, not "still" at the time when the plane overflew that area. So that functionality cannot be achieved. Add the fact that many reconnaissance mission of the same side might be active at the same time. All in all, the map markers is the most usefull solution.

Real time camera would be just fine. In fact this is how I wanted the UAV to operate. The commander could then 'activate' the camera on and off as he wanted as long as the UAV reconnaisance was on station.

Possible?

[TAO] Kremator

Possible and done, you will have the option to turn on the camera of the last reconnaissance aircraft active.

Thanks Mandoble.

It's like having our Community Santa ! We ask (and have been good boys and girls) and you provide !

Keep up this amazing work. Soon we will call it BIS/Mandoble's Armed Assault.

[TAO] Kremator

Sounds awesome, Mandoble! I'm looking forward to the next release.

BTW, going trawling through your scripts make me realize just how much I have to learn.

In addition to the reco camera, it is also steerable using the mouse and you can use the mouse wheel and the camera buttons to zoom in/out.

VERY nice! Although the plane is travelling WAY too fast ..... with a custom model (like a UAV) flying much slower it will add to the effect.

Well done. Can't wait to update my Sabotage mission with this in it!

[TAO] Kremator

You are right, now the reco planes will move in "LIMITED" speed mode.

Anyway, if you switch to reco camera view, you will see the terrain around the plane but you might need also to know accurately where the plane is while in camera mode. For this, the camera will have a new button (MARK POSITION), each time you click it, a special marker will be added to the map. So, if your reco plane overflies a big concentration of enemy infantry and you see them, you may mark the position in the map to order air support attacks later or at the same time.

That sounds great now. Can't wait to try it out! I won't ask you for a release date though smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

LOL, release date was going to be yesterday, but someone (you) had a nice idea to incorporate (the camera), so now it will be delayed a bit. That camera will allow you also to take control of cruise missiles in terminal guidance phase.

Hehe. Glad I could help!

Seriously.....keep up this great work Mandoble!

[TAO] Kremator

Daamn!

Your mod will soon be the "Microsoft" of all mods ... well, not in the sense that you bullied the competition into submission, more in terms of .. it has everything you normally have to have lots of conflicting scripts for all in once place ... and in a way not like Microsoft because it all works ... so in theory my example is not valid.

i think I need to sleep. tounge2.gif

Well I have some good news on my end. I got the Air Support Console incorporated into my mission. Now I just need to add the missile parts.

Excellent news thegunnysgt. If you play the commander position in my mission (in User Missions) then you will see the whole power of it smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

That camera will allow you also to take control of cruise missiles in terminal guidance phase.

Now this is the DOG'S DANGLIES ! Can't wait to try it.

What worries me sometimes is that the cruise missiles (that normally launch from the west) smack into the HUGE mountains of North Sahrani. I will have to have a look at the flying height.

[TAO] Kremator

In the example mission, the cruise missile launcher is a ship placed to the far N/W corner of the map. The problem attacking the east side behind the mountains might not be the flying height, but the terminal active range. Before reaching terminal range, the missile keeps its cruise altitude and it has also terrain avoidance enabled, but in terminal phase the terrain avoidance is deactivated and it will go straight to the target position. The current terminal range of the missiles used there is 2 Km.

Any news Mandoble? Desperate to getting playing with the cruise in particular !

[TAO] Kremator

Im stunned by the results tounge2.gif

Now I'm rearranging buttons to make larger the camera area.