Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console

Hmm Mando i cant seem to be able to get free fall bombs working or Sadarm from console the others work fine.

I cant find the figure to change in script either for Airbourne Assault and GS i can find figures and set to 20. But free fall bombs etc all there seems to be is 8 planes available for it.

Your previous console allowed different planes to come from North, South, East, West and you could put the amount in.

How is that? Everything is the same for bomb runs, except that you now select the ingress direction using the slider at the top of the console instead a list box of predefined directions.

EDIT:

With the exception of the last row of buttons, which are new, this is how your console should look like: Air Support Console 1.3

At the top are two sliders to set up ingress direction and minimum alt. But the list box to select number of planes and the rest are the same.

Mandoble,

How can I lengthen the time that the planes take for egress? At the moment they are doing a WONDERFUL job (converted them to the BE32K by the way !wink_o.gif but they disappear too soon.

Is there a variable that I can alter?

[TAO] Kremator

PS really looking forward to the reconnaisance part of MandoBombs!

Actually you cannot with 1.3. Will do something about that in next release.

Thanks Mandoble.

I'm thinking of starting the Mandoble fan club !

Now I just need to release my updated Sabotage mission complete with MandoBombs1.3, Norrin's Revive and Red Cottage's BE32K. I keep on tweaking it to make it better and better.

Kind regards,

[TAO] Kremator

Dev update, this is what comes with next release:

- Call for reconnaissance: A plane will fly over the indicated area and after egressing its data will be available for any player of the console operator side. Enemy vehicles, ships and static weapons detected by the reco plane will be marked in the map for 2 mins (you may use that info to order bomb runs or CAS).

- Call for ammo supply: a chopper or plane with aproach and will drop two ammo boxes in chutes, you may define ammo box type.

- Call for vehicle supply: a chopper or plane with aproach and will land a hitched vehicle. You may define the vehicle class.

- Call for reinforcements: a chopper or plane will aproach and a group of ten soldiers will jump in chutes and join your group. You may define unit types.

- Call for Combat Air Patrol: A pair of fighters (you may define their class), will hold the indicated position.

any chance of standard arty/mortars as well in this great console:-)

thanks so much mando

Now this is really shaping up to be the 'dogs danglies' !!

The dev update sounds amazing .... exaclty what ArmA needs.

The arty/mortars idea sounds interesting too.

[TAO] Kremator

I have a few scripts in on large personal mission that dont all get along too well. this New addition pretty much covers the lot in one script ... and THATS a keeper.

Great work!

Quote[/b] ]- Call for reconnaissance: A plane will fly over the indicated area and after egressing its data will be available for any player of the console operator side. Enemy vehicles, ships and static weapons detected by the reco plane will be marked in the map for 2 mins (you may use that info to order bomb runs or CAS).

- Call for ammo supply: a chopper or plane with aproach and will drop two ammo boxes in chutes, you may define ammo box type.

- Call for vehicle supply: a chopper or plane with aproach and will land a hitched vehicle. You may define the vehicle class.

- Call for reinforcements: a chopper or plane will aproach and a group of ten soldiers will jump in chutes and join your group. You may define unit types.

I dont see included missions showing these new featured in action? The missions supplied are pretty much as 1.3 and previous ... I checked the readme that simply stated these things can be done, but no specifics? Am I missing something?

EDIT: Ignore me, looking at wrong map for test mission (DOH).

mando_bombs_mapdlg.Sara and mando_bombs_mapdlg_mma.Sara.

Open mando_airsupportdlg.sqf and make sure it is v1.4 what you have installed.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> if (isNil "mando_airsupport_type_rc") then

{

if (side player != east) then

{

if (side player == resistance) then

{

mando_airsupport_type_rc = "AV8B";

}

else

{

mando_airsupport_type_rc = "AV8B";

};

}

else

{

mando_airsupport_type_rc = "Su34";

};

};

if i change this section in to a other type of plane then i will recieve the other plane right ?

(like i want to have recon by UAV so if i change the av8b to UAV i will get the UAV type doing the recon right ?  (UAV = EMSI_MRQUAVS)

EDIT : never mind just tried it and it worked (although the UAV is going to be a sitting duck against shooters tounge2.gif )

That code is executed in case mando_airsupport_type_rc is not defined. All you need to do is to setup it to the desired value in your init.sqf before actvating the console, so you dont need to change any code within the script. Same applies to the rest of global vars that you might set for the different options.

damn..... well good to know its easier that way then finding it all in the scripts it self tounge2.gif

this is realy top notch i cant wait to see whats in next (i cant think of anything right now as it is the most complete support script availible)

Wow Mando you rock just gets better and better thankyou notworthy.gif

So whats next for the console. ? smile_o.gif

Next ?? tounge2.gif Nothing planned so far, unless there is some bug to fix to the current one.

one little question in the airsupport init there are sams active

now i need a sam site without any rockets so it can function as a radar system with out shooting down my bird (several other sams are fully operational on the island) i just need the radar lock tone and warning to show up when the chopper you start in gets close to the island

how do i do this ?

( the plan is to have the radar lock on to the chopper and the pilot saying something like "SH*T they know we are here you better be carefull out there" this way giving the feeling as if the enemy realy knows they are in the country and with that making sense why the enemy has several positions bottled up and are heading for several locations)

You cannot use a SAM for that, if a SAM lock on you, it will fire at you. If what you want is just the sound and the message, just check the range to your reference position, and when inside range:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

playSound "mando_lockedon";

titleRsc["mandolockedon", "PLAIN"];

Hi Mandoble,

I agree with supergruntsb: Exactly what I needed and superb notworthy.gif

Just one thing: I tried to combine the console with crCTI and it seems that the crCTI's onMapSingleClick function from the mission is inactive after using the console once.

Is there a way to add a script, which gets called when closing the console to reactivate the default onMapSingleClick?

Thanks,

mike

Open the console script, look for two instances of onMapSingleClick and remove them.

Hi mando i dont get why doing this everything else apart from free fall bombs and sadarm i can call 20 aircraft in. ?

But in the box it says only 8 aircraft yet i have put 20 for everything in the script and other stuff like Cruise missiles etc all have 20 beside them.

It seems like the script not working and picking up how many planes you define in console for Bomb run and Cas Mission only 8 appear in box.