Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console

Would be LOVELY for skilled people to post any missions with Mandoble's great scripts. *hint*

Yes I agree with this we should have a mandoble section. :-)

it would really help if we could have some links to other mando misisons so we can swap configs etc

Well, this is what's going on with the updated version of the console:

- It will have a new bomb script, the planes will switch to "failed to align" state if they were not able to align with the target in time, also "no visual" state if you made them ingress from a direction where there is an obstacle between then and the target (a big mountain for example) so they cannot see the target.

- The planes will be able to attack objetives at any height, and they will be already spawned at the height of the objetive + bombing height. So the planes will not be automatically spawned too high or too low.

- Aside of bomb runs or CAS, you will be able to call for gunships support or/and airborne assaults.

- If mando missile is present in the mission (addon or script suite), and you select a firing unit, a new console option will be available to fire cruise missiles against indicated positions as long as the firing unit is alive. These cruise missiles will be detectable by mando missile firing units anti-missile capable, so they can be intercepted. The firing unit will be marked also as active radar target, so enemy SEAD units with mando missile systems can go and try to hunt it down. Also, if mando missiles is present, spawned planes and choppers will be equipped with automatic countermeasures dispensers (obviously, if mando missiles is present, more than probably you have more than one enemy SAM waiting for the air units wink_o.gif.

- Initial numbers of gunships, airborne and cruise missile attacks per side can be set via globals.

- Console options might be also initially disabled or not-visible via globals (for example, SADARM attacks).

- Sakakah problem gone.

With a bit of luck and free time all this will be ready for next weekend.

Mandoble,

I have spent a day working with your scripts and I have now made a version of Domination with an AH64 Apache and a Scud-type Stryker (and the ability to rearm them !wink_o.gif AMAZING STUFF ! Now this doesn't sound impressive but considering I have NO programming/scripting experience it IS !

Anyway, a few questions.

1) The power of the scud missiles are a little large, what do I have to change in init to downgrade them?

2) Can I have your babies ?

[TAO] Kremator

Looking foreward to it!!

Could you implement a config in which you can enable/disable unused parts of the airconsole?

Thoughts:

if ppl want use your bomb console but with less then all functions, they maybe could disable sadarm in your config and then the whole button/option wouldnt be shown in the console. I f they dont have much knowledge like me or just delete parts of code for this type the console would have useless buttons left.

This would be a very helpful for non profi mappers to use your great scripts more specific in missions.

Just my 2 cents.

mando any chance we could have some sort of UAV support in this console. Perhaps similar to the other UAV thats about but tightly intergrated with your scripts :-) I know you have given us so much already just thought id ask.

colligpip, "someone" has already his UAVs integrated with Mando Missile systems. Probably his work will be public soon.

Kremator, better to have MMA questions/replies in the MMA thread. About the SCUD, which are you using, an AI firing one or an MCC one for players or something else?

Well, this is what's going on with the updated version of the console:

- It will have a new bomb script, the planes will switch to "failed to align" state if they were not able to align with the target in time, also "no visual" state if you made them ingress from a direction where there is an obstacle between then and the target (a big mountain for example) so they cannot see the target.

- The planes will be able to attack objetives at any height, and they will be already spawned at the height of the objetive + bombing height. So the planes will not be automatically spawned too high or too low.

- Aside of bomb runs or CAS, you will be able to call for gunships support or/and airborne assaults.

- If mando missile is present in the mission (addon or script suite), and you select a firing unit, a new console option will be available to fire cruise missiles against indicated positions as long as the firing unit is alive. These cruise missiles will be detectable by mando missile firing units anti-missile capable, so they can be intercepted. The firing unit will be marked also as active radar target, so enemy SEAD units with mando missile systems can go and try to hunt it down. Also, if mando missiles is present, spawned planes and choppers will be equipped with automatic countermeasures dispensers (obviously, if mando missiles is present, more than probably you have more than one enemy SAM waiting for the air units  wink_o.gif.

- Initial numbers of gunships, airborne and cruise missile attacks per side can be set via globals.

- Console options might be also initially disabled or not-visible via globals (for example, SADARM attacks).

- Sakakah problem gone.

With a bit of luck and free time all this will be ready for next weekend.

mando.. my friend...  you earned to borrow my wife for a week  tounge2.gif

UPDATE WITH QUESTION :

wich parameter do i have to change to spawn the aircraft a fair distance away or to make them spawn a little later (standard they spawn close and quickly i like to have my fighters travel a ceretain distance) so it looks like the planes have to travel from the carrier (or airfield) to the striking area

Mandoble ..... it just gets better and better !

Was going to bed late last night when I saw that you have released this new version. So I opened up the Bomb Console and spent the next TWO hours playing with it !! Eyes ... all ... blurry now !

This is an amazing tool. I have made a mission using the 'older' Bomb script, and will put this new one in as well. Alpha team commander is sure gonna love this !

Kind regards

[TAO] Kremator

Thanks for the update! Like the CM/SAM plugin. smile_o.gif

I did notice that the "available aircraft" count is reducing each time I enter the console in that test mission though. It seems the act of opening it subtracts one.

Also on Sakakh, the a/c appear to be using the map's ASL alt as the base, adding their "fly in height" setting, but using the sum as AGL instead of ASL. IE: Map elevation 400m, flying 150m, aircraft fly in @ 600m above ground rather than ASL. I realize this may be a necessary workaround on this map, but just in case it isn't.

That said, I actually prefer the higher alt.

this is definetly the best support console its cool to see a blackops blow sam sites then call in airsupport to take out arty at the beach while the marines are landing and then call in airborne and gunships to secure a second village

mando there is only one thing to say I LOVE YOU 4-EVER inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

Baron, your asumption is correct, the console will spawn the planes higher if their spawn ASL height is lower than target ASL height, and then the alt attack will be added. Hence alt attack is marked as minimum attack height in the console.

On the other hand, the console substracts available planes only if you use them, not each time you open the console. You may always reset or increase the available resources of each type externally, for example, simulating reinforcements (you just need to increase the value of the desired global var and then publish it if the game is MP).

Kremator, if you want to sleep even less try the following:

1 - Make sure Mando Missiles are initialized and run the mapdlg_mma.sara mission.

2 - Set up a four planes attack ingressing from North to the middle of base Pesadas, call for CAS and close the console.

3 - Now just watch the action from the ruins. You should see the SAMs activating and firing to the North, few seconds later some jets falling down in flames while the rest try to avoid incoming SAMs dropping countermeasures and proceeding with the terminal strike and then egressing and dropping more and more countermasures. biggrin_o.gif

Even more was

Calling for heli CAS from North

Calling Paras from South

Calling in a cruise missile

Calling in 4 planes from West

and timing it all to coincide .... it was amazing !!! The poor SAMs didnt know who to lock onto first !

VERY VERY WELL DONE MANDOBLE !!!

You just keep me wanting more and more scripts !!

[TAO] Kremator

PS Could it be coded to all coincide at the same time ? Hehe

On the other hand, the console substracts available planes only if you use them, not each time you open the console. You may always reset or increase the available resources of each type externally, for example, simulating reinforcements (you just need to increase the value of the desired global var and then publish it if the game is MP).

I gave it a little more time and now see what is happening, but do not know how/why. It's calling in a single "CAS" strike (fixed wing, not helo) upon opening the console.

Some more testing: using Enter key to open the console from the action menu causes this. If I open by pressing the scroll wheel on the mouse, everything goes just fine.

If I use enter to open the console, -1 plane, instant CAS mission called.

Ah, yes, if you hit enter key, the default button will be "pressed". To avoid that you may do the following:

- Open mando_airsupportdlg.sqf.

- Look for _ok = createDialog "MandoAirSupportDlg";

- Just over that line add Sleep 0.5;

All we need now is AC-130 gunship to be made and initialized with console then it will be the icing on the cake. biggrin_o.gif

nice work mando!

i build it into my mission and now all works with no problems anymore. Your new functions are great and im able to close the buttons i dont need. In one word: FANTASTIC!!

Thanks for this new version, and the help here!

Has anyone made any good maps in editor using this mando console they are willing to share. ?

Would love if someone had big map i have created my own but wondered what others are like. ?

I was telling myself ... I'm missing something, I'm missing something ... and yes, I was missing something: reconnaissance missions crazy_o.gif

Including them now wink_o.gif

Hi mando how comes everytime i open console there is automatically a plane flying already without my directions. ?

I tried to look in script for it but cant find it . huh.gif

Thanks in advance. smile_o.gif

Edit: Just seen post above hopefully that is why

Yes, that's why, you are using return or enter key to activate the action and the default button is being automatically pressed. Follow the instructions above to avoid that problem.

this air support console kicks real ass i just started playing around in changing vehicles (gunships are now littlebirds bombers are the F16s and i foud out a way to realy drop troopers from a plane instead of a helo (the bierev addon)

at first it didn't seem to work .. no planes flew in

the i started to ajust the heigth slider (incase the heigth was to low to start the engines) and voilla at 300 (did not test lower yet ) it worked.. (second down side they scatter like bugs on a windscreen) but hey it worked so i am a very happy camper

Mandoble,

You've done it again..... just as I'm struggling getting a satellite addon to work with my 'already Mando beautified mission' you are about to make my life EASY.

I don't often do this but have this ... yay.gif

Keep up this amazing work.

[TAO] Kremator

PS will you make it that NAMED troops will be able to get the video feed from the camera ? The reason is I am trying to craft a mission where there is a COMMANDER (that won't fight but will be just as intimately involved!wink_o.gif that dictates the battle (hence my satellite feed idea)