Sign in to follow this  
_Pingu_

MAG 58 with aimpoint

Quote[/b] ].ex pingu is free to register. The only thing you need to change is m240_aimpoint to pingu_m240_aimpoint and m240_aimpoint.pbo to pingu_m240_aimpoint.pbo.

Ahem, you also need to change all the config-file names to pingu_whatever; basically so that you'd have to write : this addweapon "pingu_m240_aimpoint" instead of...yeah..."m240_aimpoint". The only ones who are allowed to create "addons" without tags really is BIS : and who's to say there won't suddenly come charging an official "m240_aimpoint" which will then cause all kinds of hell with your addon. smile_o.gif

/OFPEC thought police.

Regards,

Wolfrug

yes, you're right. But anyway all addonmakers should follow this tag-system, even BIS does wink_o.gif

Hi mate,

THANKS,jus what ive been wanting,love the aimpoint,i really wish all of the BIS aimpoints wer like this,as like i think u mentioned the orig aimpoints suck balls an are extremely annoying to try and fire at someone medium- long range cos the dot is bigger than the lil sh*t who is lay down blammin shots at me an i cant even see the bastardo properly.

Is ther anyway i could add ur aimpoint in to replace the standard BIS aimpoints or not?

Also,fook me why a big debate over what the gun is called lol,ffs,yeh fair enuff,its a military sim or wotever to an extent like,but i mean cmon,for gods sake u all cry bout 100000% realism or wotever and the game aint even tht perfect,i mean for example grenadiers hands are stuck thru the grenade launcher and thers many many more reasons but i shall shut up now haha as this aint the place for my pointless rant (had a bad day icon_rolleyes.gif )

Dont get me wrong tho i absolutely love ARMA,my favourite game ever,THANKS to BIS and just as important Mod\Addon makers and scripters and everyone else who contributes to this game notworthy.gif

Anyways THANKS pingu.

All the best

Dan

im sorry but you are wrong on a few points villas here is an australian mag 58 and with a lot of them the timbers have been either painted black or replaced with the black polemer stocks and yes they have a picitany rail and ours use optics quite a lot and before you attack pingu on his nobody had a go at rico for his mag 58's in his pack (adfmod) and they were just plain bis m240's and he changed the sights up to being an optic view when they didnt even have an optic on them

Equipment-weapons-MAG58.jpg

Still no heatshield, though...

Anyway, M240B with ACOG and Aimpoint are nice, but I'd love to see one with an M145 Elcan...

Well, judging by that, the Australian guns are vanilla MAG 58s

with a rail added. Do any of the modern Australian guns have

the M240-style flash-eliminator? Are the feed covers with the

picatinny rails custom made in Australia or are they just the

M240 part procured from FN?

Ironic that Vilas tries to educate Pingu by showing off a

model which itself is incorrect in its details.  wink_o.gif

australia gets most of thier own weapons through licences puchased from the original makers and built by ADI (Australian Defence Industries) and i believe the mag58 is also procured under licence i also know that they use with it the 1.5 optic used with the steyr S series of weapons (for example look at the AAW steyrs) aswell as acogs and aimpoints and the DFSW versions (direct fire support weapon) uses a 30 cal tripod and a mortar  sight system  employed to give acurate adjustments to fire support (reference image below)and as with all the weapons we have under licence ADI builds them to the requirements our military need and if thats different to the normal mag 58 then its as ADI have redesigned them

MAG58-SFMG.jpgdfsw3_th.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Still no heatshield, though...

Anyway, M240B with ACOG and Aimpoint are nice, but I'd love to see one with an M145 Elcan...

Why? The Elcan style sight give you a big black post right down from the center to the bottom of the optic. This when making slight adjustments for fall of shot makes it very hard to see said fall of shot. Thats why the Aussie Army started using ACOGs not Elcans for the 58.

im sorry but you are wrong on a few points villas here is an australian mag 58 and with a lot of them the timbers have been either painted black or replaced with the black polemer stocks and yes they have a picitany rail and ours use optics quite a lot and before you attack pingu on his nobody had a go at rico for his mag 58's in his pack (adfmod) and they were just plain bis m240's and he changed the sights up to being an optic view when they didnt even have an optic on them

oooo

then Your voice is good in this topic

but you know, when someone has answer like "who f*** cares"

because in my addons - we care !

it is rude and not caring about realism opinion

your voice is good than, but SUCH answer should be given by author of addon, not  rude and unpolite word "f***"

so Australia has it's own version of FN-Mag called MAG 58 - than okay

ironic is that you don't want cooperation in UK part of Project 85 and when Brits will be released you will be cryticising not-correct details

my FN-MAG is BIS edited M240G with changed muzzle flash hider (to such than Belgian MAG has) and removed picatiny rail

Pingu just made addon like copy+paste

so if my FN-MAG is incorrect, his addon is incorect too :P

For the last time, I am not saying that this looks like a MAG 58 from the factory, or an australian one, or a belgian one or ANYONES MAG 58. It is a MAG 58 that has been modified and called an m240. I call it a MAG 58 because that is still what it is! The classnames are all m240_acog, m240_aimpoint. Now if we could all shut up about these stupid different ways of communicating the same fucking thing that would be great. And yes I'm swearing, and I hope you're all relsilient enough to withstand such abhrasive language and not try to use it as an argument. You, vilas and many others don't seem to be interested in the fact that I at no time said this was not an M240. To reiterate, it is an M240 which is a MAG 58. I like to call it the latter when just talking about it, however if you look at all the classnames, descriptions and even go so far as to look at the damned pbo name half of you would realise I'm calling it an m240 anyway.

Quote[/b] ]so Australia has it's own version of FN-Mag called MAG 58 - than okay

Actually its technically call the GPMG, MAG 58 is the slang term for it. Like the call the F89 LSW a Minimi.

Quote[/b] ]it is rude and not caring about realism opinion

pingu uses a current serving Heavy Weapons operator, who would know the 58 inside and out. pingu's is spot on.

Quote[/b] ]muzzle flash hider

Its call a Flash suppressor.

ironic is that you don't want cooperation in UK part of Project 85 and when Brits will be released you will be cryticising not-correct details

my FN-MAG is BIS edited M240G with changed muzzle flash hider (to such than Belgian MAG has) and removed picatiny rail

Pingu just made addon like copy+paste

so if my FN-MAG is incorrect, his addon is incorect too :P

Your top cover is obviously incorrect for a Belgian FN MAG.

Just deleting the rail from the top of the model is not enough.

I reserve the right to make comment on anything posted in

this forum, especially when, as here, it is presented as

instructional material on how to get something "right".

Pingu, sorry for the derail. These addons are interesting. I

never got to fire the GPMG with any kind of optics except

the IWS.

im sorry villas if you seem offended but the use of abusive language in normal language is commonplace here in australia as normal language

language that you would use in a pub talking to mates is pretty much common place here in australia amongst even the upercrust thats not to say we are a bunch of yahoo's that are lax on language far from it lets just say we have a colourful language in comparison to other countries and the word fuck is one of the things said quite often by anyone in common language (you see we have grown a bit of a thick skin to it)

so if you see an aussie post with colourful language dont take offense its not being meant as obusive its justr the way we speak as in what pingu was saying is and i will use the colourful languageplus the translation so there isnt a misunderstanding  "couldnt be fucked/couldnt be bothered"

this is commonplace and i dont even think pingu was thinking about what he was posting when he did he just posted as if he was speaking it

so i suggest either buying an australian slang dictionary or getting a slightly tougher skin as this sort of thing is pretty common

and i apologise to pingu for derailing his thread ever so slightly

Quote[/b] ]im sorry villas if you seem offended but the use of abusive language in normal language is commonplace here in australia as normal language

language that you would use in a pub talking to mates is pretty much common place here in australia amongst even the upercrust thats not to say we are a bunch of yahoo's that are lax on language far from it lets just say we have a colourful language in comparison to other countries and the word fuck is one of the things said quite often by anyone in common language (you see we have grown a bit of a thick skin to it)

so if you see an aussie post with colourful language dont take offense its not being meant as obusive its justr the way we speak as in what pingu was saying is and i will use the colourful languageplus the translation so there isnt a misunderstanding "couldnt be fucked/couldnt be bothered"

this is commonplace and i dont even think pingu was thinking about what he was posting when he did he just posted as if he was speaking it

so i suggest either buying an australian slang dictionary or getting a slightly tougher skin as this sort of thing is pretty common

Well said that man.

Quote[/b] ]Your top cover is obviously incorrect for a Belgian FN MAG.

Just deleting the rail from the top of the model is not enough.

I reserve the right to make comment on anything posted in

this forum, especially when, as here, it is presented as

instructional material on how to get something "right".

Pingu, sorry for the derail. These addons are interesting. I

never got to fire the GPMG with any kind of optics except

the IWS.

Well said that man too.

Pingu, I love the ACOG version. Took out three squads from 700m before they could say, "Hey Frank, when did your head explode?".

As for the name issue, who the hell cares. It's an initial release and when it does get released in a crate or a combined pack (if it does) then he can call it "pingus_elite_MAG58_with_uber_optics_and_tweaked_ballistics" or whatever.

And vilas, you speak of realism but I remember going through a BUNCH of your addons, weapons especially, when we were putting the DW Mod together and almost each one was either unfinished or an OFP port (and a bad one at that with the muzzle flash "sprite" effect *shudders*. Or no damage textures at all on the vehicles. So step off, brutha!

Wonder what will happen when pingu releases his next project:

pingunext.jpg

@Blackknight crazy_o.gif

Please keep that comment in front of you and look at vilas's topic.

His upcoming addon/mod is very realistic, and also has updated bis weapons etc. Please wait for that mod and then comment.

Lennard. wink_o.gif

@Black Knight ...the bayonet was a bit much brotha lol just wasnt enough till then lmao

Blackknight.au - whatever you will tell about my old addons, my old poor weapon pack - they were not copy+paste addon :P

so do not compare models made in oxygen, there textured before TOOLS were released with model made by "copy sight, past to another model, save as..."

and remember that i also made things like an Alien APC, like vehicles pack (first BMP-1 made for ARMA), i made first working and engaging chopers before BIS made fix in patch... :P

villas i dont believe you have a valid argument here and it should stop now as you didnt attack the people who did aimpoint and acog conversions for things like the ak47 and spr in the past so why start now on pingu when he has just made the blunder of not naming his forum post correctly as he has stated the weapon is a M240 with acog and aimpoint get over your attitude leave it at the door

all this is doing is derailing a persons thread on their mod now you may be an experienced modder in your own right well pingu is aswell he just thought that optics would be a good idea on a fire support weapon and if your only argument is that he got the name wrong on his post then what the hell is the rest of this bs get over it or post in another thread and i think modderators should act on it

just cause you are an estblished modder doesnt mean you have the sway on the forums and i can tell you pingu and many other modders have done some other great works they just dont get released here for this very reason too many anal retards wanting to prove penis length and squashing thier resolve to make mods and learn now constructive critisism is one thing but leave it at that

end rant

Blackknight.au - whatever you will tell about my old addons, my old poor weapon pack - they were not copy+paste addon :P

so do not compare models made in oxygen, there textured before TOOLS were released with model made by "copy sight, past to another model, save as..."

and remember that i also made things like an Alien APC, like vehicles pack (first BMP-1 made for ARMA), i made first working and engaging chopers before BIS made fix in patch... :P

You should know very well that the technical prowess and sheer effort that goes into a mod by no means corresponds to the quality and usefulness of a project. If I give a retard O2 and he puts out a sub-par modification, sure it may be an acheivement for him (and I am by no means belittling your work) however! This does not make his mod any more impressive through the eyes of the user.

I don't appreciate you insinuating that I am incapable of that which you claim you are.