Sign in to follow this  
mr.g-c

how to sign a addon?

Hi, hwo to sign a addon??? I cant find any good ressource for it...

I have downloaded dsCreatekey but whenever i run it via commandline in windows vista, nothing happen.... where do the key files get created???

Second is: DSSignFile is not existing from Here, instead it point to BinPBOPE...

How to use that.... is this so damn complex?

EDIT: i know could create a key.... you must run the file as a admin, which you can select under preferences of this file under "compatiblity"...

Also i have now created the bisign file within BinPBO... however a standalone version for a already packed PBO would be great....

Download the linked file, what you need is a part of it.

More info can be found here. smile_o.gif

Download the linked file, what you need is a part of it.

More info can be found here. smile_o.gif

Thanks so much..... im such a fool to don't realize it was inside the installed directory.... thats great thanks!!!!

I tried running the program under vista and just get a black box for a second before it disappears. I tried going under preferences and selecting "run as admin" but my Vista system doesn't seem to let me select that option. I tried right clicking and selecting "run as admin" but get the same problem. In short.... this sucks nuts. If worse comes to worse I can beg around for someone who got it working to write me a signature file, but I'd rather not have to do that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

You realise it's a command-prompt exe right? So you need to open a DOS session and manually type [path] DSCreateKey [yourKeyName] e.g. say you place the exe in a folder called "Keys" in your C: drive... you then open a DOS session and type something like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

C:\Keys\DSCreateKey Miles

and you will receive two key files, one public one private, in your C:\Keys folder.

Call me stupid...but I can't figure out how to open a DOS window in Vista. I can't find an option to do that anywhere.  I could perhaps try to smash a few keys during startup in order to get a screen asking if I want to boot in DOS, but that is a massive pain in the ass to do just to get a key. sad_o.gif   In XP I think there was still a little MSDOS icon you could click on to open a DOS window...but I can't find it on my Vista operating system.  

I also tried running it as an administrator and tried running it under the compatability settings under Win 95. I even tried downloading a program called DOSBOX and tried to use that but still nothing.

Arrrg....  would be really nice if BIS made this tool a bit easier for non-computer geeks to use.  Without this key, binarizing files is useless as everyone demands that they be signed otherwise they don't work for MP servers.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I've been using BinPBO, but I still don't get how to use the Create Signature funtion. Any help? It's blanked and I have no idea. I have two .pbo's, I just need to sign them.