Sign in to follow this  
Inkompetent

What kind of AH-6?

I was wondering what model of the AH-6 that we have in ArmA.

Is it an AH-6C, AH-6J or AH-6M? Or what is it?

Since it has a "radar" (the in-game ability to spot vehicles) I assume it is a AH-6J or newer?

I was wondering what model of the AH-6 that we have in ArmA.

Is it an AH-6C, AH-6J or AH-6M? Or what is it?

Since it has a "radar" (the in-game ability to spot vehicles) I assume it is a AH-6J or newer?

That isn't a helicopter radar it's just the games slightly idiotic 'god mode' spotting.

Well, still... cars don't have it, so it should be possible to disable it for the AH-6 and MH-6 if they don't have FLIR. That's kind'a why I wonder also.

There is, actually. I feel like adding a Hellfire-capable Little Bird, but as far as I know only the AH-6 version capable of using FLIR can carry the Hellfire as well, and as such I want to know if I want to mod in some kind of stuff into the helicopter model to have it properly represent such an AH-6 wink_o.gif

Then all you need to do is figure out what the ah6 that carries hellfire looks like and modifiy the current one to fit. What model this is is only relevant to the process insofar as your starting point.

Yep. I'm working on that. Thing is that it's not easy to get hold of good cockpit screens from the different versions, and from the outside each and every LB version is virtually identical. At least I am too uneducated in LBs to see a real difference from the outside, so I was hoping that asking here would help. If not I'll have to keep looking wink_o.gif

Yep. I'm working on that. Thing is that it's not easy to get hold of good cockpit screens from the different versions, and from the outside each and every LB version is virtually identical. At least I am too uneducated in LBs to see a real difference from the outside, so I was hoping that asking here would help. If not I'll have to keep looking wink_o.gif

I didn't know anything about the littlebird before I started looking. Wikipedia gave me a nice start on trying to figure out what variants there are out there.

I found some walk around of the oh-6 and the mh-6e. The MH-6e seems to have the features of the mh-6's in Arma... two bladed tail prop, 5 bladed main rotor, no FLIR.

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/michael_supko/mh-6e/

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/don_busack/oh-6/

What you're going to be doing is trying to change that to ah-6's based off of the hughs helicopter model 500md.

TOW ah-6

Here are the wikipedia pages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MH-6_Little_Bird

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AH-6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD_500_Defender

And here is a forum post I found with a discussion of the features of the different versions.

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68647

This information didn't take very long to find. Google is your friend. If you're ever looking for lots of detailed pics of something, try searching for 'walk around'. Good luck with your project.

I think its an MH-6J because of the T-tail, 5 bladed main rotor, and fast roping insertion shit. I think the MH-6 in arma has the mount for FLIR but the actual lens isn't installed. There are so many Littlebird variants and they seem to upgrade the old ones I think only a member of the 160th could tell us which littlebirds they are for sure.

I fly Hughes 500D's and MD 520N's so I can get you pics if needed, but I know our instrument panels are way different than the littlebirds. From the outside the 500'Ds look basically the same though.

Thank you all for the help.

And yes, LeftSkidLow, I came to about the same conclusion after looking at Special Operations.com, even though their information of if those things were specific for the J version or for the A/MH-6 compared to the OH-6 were vague.

I think I'll stick with the J version for the US-dudes, and possibly downgrade the ones for RACS a little to versions that doesn't support FLIR.

And really nice info there, plaintiff. Now I feel like trying to put together an AH-6C for the RACS whistle.gif

I fly Hughes 500D's and MD 520N's so I can get you pics if needed,

Even I would be interested in this!

If your going to make several loadouts for that bird, then can I suggest a gunpod? You know the one that was on the OFP koiwa. Ive forgotten the proper designation for it..

The littlebird with hellfires is going to be more dangerous then the cobra allmost. You can fly anywhere with the littlebird.

Well, what I'd LIKE to make (although I'm a complete newbie at modelling, so all versions within brackets are optional and lower priority since they WILL need remodelling) are the following LBs:

(AH-6C): M134 minigun on one side and a LAU-131/A 7-rocket pod on the other.

(AH-6C TOW): Version for RACS with two TOWs on each side, given instead of the Hellfire version that seems too expensive for them.

AH-6J Hellfire: Two Hellfire missiles on a outer pylon rack on each side. I still don't know if it still has its M134 gatling guns with this fitting.

AH-6J FFAR: LAU-61C/A 19-rocket pods on each side. Not sure if it still can carry its M134 gatling guns with this heavy load.

Alternatively I give it 4x LAU-68D/A 7-rocket pods instead (or give such a version to RACS)

(AH-6J Mk19): M134 gatling guns replaced with Mk19 automatic grenade launchers.

(AH-6J .50): M134 gatling guns replaced with heavy machineguns for that extra punch against lightly armoured vehicles.

(MH-6F): Four bladed version of the MH-6J for RACS.

MH-6J: Will get six seats on the boards instead of four.

Hopefully I can make the co-pilot seat an actual pilot seat somehow for all Little Birds.

Yeah. Kiowas would be really nice. Especially as marking-platforms, designating targets for the AH-6J Hellfire (since it can't paint targets on its own. It needs someone else to do it for it) and MapFact' Apache with its LOAL mode ^^

As I see it this thread is about the A/MH-6 helicopters. Not about Kiowas or a wishlist platform. For this there is an addon request thread.

Why is it that hard to stay on topic?

But you fail to see that the Kiowa and the AH6 are both required if you're using Hellfires. The Kiowa is better for this since it has a mast mounted FLIR.

But you fail to see that the Kiowa and the AH6 are both required if you're using Hellfires. The Kiowa is better for this since it has a mast mounted FLIR.

the model 500 based helicopters are also capable of using the mms. There is no need to involve the kiowa. What's more, though is that you only need a laser pointer. Flir doesn't factor in.

And the laser pointer can be supplied by ground troops, luckily, with the LB firing its missiles in LOAL mode, and everyone is happy since spec-ops people gets to spec op around and pilots get to pilot around in nice cooperation!

And the laser pointer can be supplied by ground troops, luckily, with the LB firing its missiles in LOAL mode, and everyone is happy since spec-ops people gets to spec op around and pilots get to pilot around in nice cooperation!

Its better to have a helicopter with a mast designate it than a guy on the ground since you're less likely to have the availability of someone else being able to do it for ya.

Its better to have a helicopter with a mast designate it than a guy on the ground since you're less likely to have the availability of someone else being able to do it for ya.

Yes, but at the same time I like things that forces cooperation between players, because the solo-rambo play I see in Evo makes me sick.

If players are so inept they can't even get one person with a laser designator in place, then they don't deserve using the LB with Hellfires either wink_o.gif

Yes, but at the same time I like things that forces cooperation between players, because the solo-rambo play I see in Evo makes me sick.

If players are so inept they can't even get one person with a laser designator in place, then they don't deserve using the LB with Hellfires either wink_o.gif

You still need cooperation between players but its more realistic and more efficient to use another helicopter since you can't always get people close enough to designate tgts and the FLIR is more for picking tgts off whilst concealed from a distance. The mast mounted helicopters are the best before they had those they used to have to popup to designate and fire.

You can see a good example in this vid near the end.