Sign in to follow this  
armatech

Addon Sign Issue

Hi i hope some one can't help me as for some reason i can seem to sign my work any more in the log file this pops up

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Error description: 8009000b: Key not valid for use in specified state.

CPAcquireContext failed

One common cause of this is you are trying to sign addons using your public key. You always need to use your private key for this.

This cant be true as you can only select the privatekey file in binpbo options. its kinda stange as it worked befor then when i tryed it yesterday it went foobar is there any dependents that might be missing that could cause this issue?

Ok for a few weeks i installed Vista Pre_SP1 and did not like the performance so i rolled it back to normal Vista since then i have had issue's where i could not sign myaddons I'm using the same key i have always used and that has worked for me before i tested on my girls PC and it works fine but on my vista PC that has worked before with the same setup/Bikey i get this in the log file for each addon i try and sign.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Error description: 8009000b: Key not valid for use in specified state.

CPAcquireContext failed

I HAVE TRYED:

Clean installing all O2 tools by clean i mean i uninstalled all the tools and then went though my REG and removed all entry's relating to BIS tools and also checked all my temp and local settings folders for any files left behind.

Dose any one know any more steps i can take to correct this issue?.

I have merged the two topics dealing with the issue.

I have checked what the error means and it seems it is commonly related to the "master password" (i.e. the Windows login password) changed.

See

http://possemeeg.wordpress.com/2007/08/08/loss-of-information/

http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgro....45.html

Did you change your windows password either for your account or for Administrator account?

I do not know yet how to solve the issue, if I find anything, I will post it here.

hi suma,

Ok thanks for the info but i dont feel that its the master password as the key works 100% from a diffent PC with a diffent user and password.

I have been froced to reinstall my PC and again its still nto working have you foudn otu any thing more on this issue or is signing a lost cause for me? banghead.gif

again thanks for the help.

Tonci came up with a nice idea how to get this to work.

Start the CMD as Admin, then type: net user administrator /active:yes

This will make the OS Admins Account available to use. Log off your current OS Account, switch to the master OS account and repeat the whole procedure to create your private key. After that, start CMD again, type net user administrator /active:no to disable the Admins Account while being back on your current OS Acc and all should be fine again ;)

Worked for me with Win7 Ultimate, no ServicePacks or updates...

LJ

• Thanks 1

Sorry the necro, pero this is still happened to this day. I solved this following the instructions in the DSUtils page at bohemia.

For "Key not valid for use in specified state" errors removing the folder RSA from C:\Users<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA fixed the issue with DSUtils making working BISigns

source: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DSUtils

On 11/21/2012 at 11:20 PM, LordJarhead said:

Tonci came up with a nice idea how to get this to work.

Start the CMD as Admin, then type: net user administrator /active:yes

This will make the OS Admins Account available to use. Log off your current OS Account, switch to the master OS account and repeat the whole procedure to create your private key. After that, start CMD again, type net user administrator /active:no to disable the Admins Account while being back on your current OS Acc and all should be fine again ;)

Worked for me with Win7 Ultimate, no ServicePacks or updates...

LJ

Great! This method still working for me in 2024 on Windows 10 LTSC.

Thanks!