Sign in to follow this  
sneakysix

OFP alive?

Sneakysix and all of you that have read and/or replied to this topic:

Let me just join the praises to OFP and say that it is indeed still alive and kicking, Multyplayer included. If you are still playing the game and interested in serious coop gaming and maybe also making missions for this game (especially using BAS addons and/or FDF mod ones) please click the links on my profile and join our OFP coop games. we play regulary on Sundays and Wednesdays and can fill a game of up to 17 players lately.  yay.gif

OFP is dead , just admit it and we can all get back to our lives.

of course, ofp is still alive. I have Arma gold edition, but this is always ofp which is launched when I want to play tounge2.gif .

i don't find in Arma the same pleasure an the same fun. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]of course, ofp is still alive. I have Arma gold edition, but this is always ofp which is launched when I want to play tounge2.gif .

i don't find in Arma the same pleasure and the same fun.

Same here. I have Arma 1.14 with some of the best community addons instaled but I spend more time in OFP than in Arma (10 hrs weekly - ofp, 30mins arma weekly) . I just cant find anything that would interest (and believe me I tried!wink_o.gif me for good like ofp seven years ago. This is not the same experience despite catchy graphics I saw this before in good old ofp, pure damn sequel syndrome. To summarize this, both games are like girls, some of tham has *it* some of them not. Generally new games suck.

I hope that ARMA2 or OFP2 will do what Arma did not.

We as the community say it is alive therefore it is alive smile_o.gif

Most of the mods are long gone and their developers turned to ArmA , its only logical everything has its sucessor like T-55 sucessor was the T-62 etc... wink_o.gif

Well i havent left the OFP scene yet, i still have my Nogovan Light Infantry mod in works, and till the time when i get a better PC i will continue moding for OFP smile_o.gif

Interesting Roadki because when I build my future system I am planning on seeing how well a Q9550 quad will cope with OFP with a 4870 X2 or a GTX 280 wink_o.gif.

Interesting Roadki because when I build my future system I am planning on seeing how well a Q9550 quad will cope with OFP with a 4870 X2 or a GTX 280 wink_o.gif.

That means nothing to me, im no hardware expert, i am however a website designer. My laptop here at University runs OFP fine so im happy for the moment smile_o.gif

I got the game here in the uk when it came out! Apart from the past 12 months i've played it every day(If played is the right word) Now am back and it's still as good as ever. I also got armed assault when it came out but gave up on it because it neeeded a super comp to run it. I've just installed the latest patch and now it runs on my rig. So far it's good but can't compare it to OFP till i play it more.

I put Armed Assault away because of its Hardware-hungry behavior. (Also after the 1.14 patch with its new little buggy things). Maybe, after this long time I get used to OFP and ARMA has it's bad stand depending on its more complicated/odd steering-behaviour. The fact is OFP still has a great potential as shown by the latest Modifications. There are many things, which furthermore could be done for OFP: Whether editing existing (Mod-) configs by implementing new animations, effects, movements, or creating new worlds, objects, vehicles etc. to give some new editing-options to the community. Yes, I know, there is already a very big amount of addons available, but not everything has a big variety! E. g. some good looking basic textures for hills are still missing in my opinion. Please don't misunderstand: Existing replacements are very well done, but they are fitting mostly extrem desert or extrem greenish countrysides. At present, I try to do some new ground-textures, because the existing replacements don't fit all landscapes. Many more examples could be written here. I think, there is truly a great number of people still playing - and hopefully editing - OFP.

yay.gif

=====================================

Q: If anyone already converted ARMA-textures into usable OFP-format (like me, trying it for weeks without positive results??!wink_o.gif would be appreciated! Sorry for my bad english, but non the less I hope, someone will create a tool for doing so. Knowing, that I'm using the wrong forum for this, I'm sure, more people will take a look at this thread instead looking into OFP-Editing etc., where I never get an answer!!!!!

Rgds

crazy_o.gif

ARMA was a hugh dissapointment and profundly unfun to play. And after a 2 years break from playing OFP(playing enything really) its super to start again.

STGN

OFP for Ever! yay.gif

ArmA is just a pimped version of OFP.

And there are so many cool addons and mods for it!

since 2001... and still going strong.

I always said when I can afford to upgrade my PC i will go to AA and try to make the sorta mission I took 6 years to get right on OFP. During University my pal and me would stay up until silly O'clock in the morning finishing the campaigns and perfecting para drops then i would have to brave walking past junkies in the shitty part of town to get home ALL because of OFP

However, I played AA on my brothers super excellent quad core giant flatScreen beast.

I was disappointed.

OFP is the greatest game ever made! I completed call of duty 10 times,Ghost recon, Rainbow 6, and many other games, but, nothing compares. I always go back to OFP.

By the way if OFP cost you relationships, she/he is the wrong person for you! I use OFP to escape soap operas and reality TV when my partner wants to watch TV!

since 2001... and still going strong.

I always said when I can afford to upgrade my PC i will go to AA and try to make the sorta mission I took 6 years to get right on OFP. During University my pal and me would stay up until silly O'clock in the morning finishing the campaigns and perfecting para drops then i would have to brave walking past junkies in the shitty part of town to get home ALL because of OFP

However, I played AA on my brothers super excellent quad core giant flatScreen beast.

I was disappointed.

OFP is the greatest game ever made! I completed call of duty 10 times,Ghost recon, Rainbow 6, and many other games, but, nothing compares. I always go back to OFP.

By the way if OFP cost you relationships, she/he is the wrong person for you! I use OFP to escape soap operas and reality TV when my partner wants to watch TV!

Agree in places.  thumbs-up.gif

(This is my 600th post!wink_o.gif