Sign in to follow this  
The-Architect

Ross Kemp in Afghanistan

Very nice find! I've been trying to find some documentaries and shows about the fighting in Afghanistan but they seem rather scarce. I saw Fighting The Taleban and Meeting The Taleban(very nice pieces of work, both of them, watch them if you can) and just lots of random news footage.

This is an awesome series. I didn't like Ross Kemp before this, had nothing but disdain for him, but every episode I see he wins more respect for telling the soldiers stories as they are, with no judgement or anything. Anyone who wants to know what we are up against in Afganistan just has to watch this.

Well watched it through now, very nice series. I like it a lot.

Excellent stuff! I watched the first and last episode and thought both were brilliant, unfortunately I missed the episodes in the middle confused_o.gif

Cheers Architect! biggrin_o.gif

Watched one part of it two weeks ago by accidentially zapping to BBC .. very intense documentation indeed. Good find, and thx for sharing!

It's a great series well worth a watch, show's what British and other Nato Forces troops go through daily ... very informative smile_o.gif

you can find the ep's on liveleak if nothing else. Split in parts though. pretty good still.

Couldnt stop watching it all the way, interesting, informative and.. touching.

Let us all hope the efforts and sacrifice of these men will bring peace and prosperity to Afghanistan in the future.

It's a shame it's only 5 episodes, I was really starting to get into it. Might go and check out his Gangs Docu now and see what thats like ... smile_o.gif

Was a fantastic documentry, you know people who bash Ross because they think he pretends to be a hardman all the time can kiss my arse. He put his life on the line many a time with the lads and Im proud of them and also of what he achieved.

My hats off to Ross and my thoughts are with our boys who were taken early and their familys.

R.I.P

Hi All

Ross Kemp's Gang series takes him to a number of trouble hotspots like Jamaica, Poland and Columbia, and he is not afraid to interview some very shady characters. Well worth a watch, especially when the police show off the arsenals taken from these gangs (who are better equipped than some military units). He rightly won a BAFTA for the series.

Another programme covering the war in Afghanistan I saw was on UK satellite and called something like "Fighting with the Green Berets in Afghanistan" which was a one hour documentary about a reporter embedded with a unit. Gives another insight into what is going on - I prefer these programmes compared to some of the dramatised variants.

For what its worth, my respect to all coalition troops serving in Iraq/Afghanistan.

cjph

cjph

Just watched the first two eps in 720p, riveting stuff.

Just watched the first two eps in 720p, riveting stuff.

Someone on militaryphotos.net uploaded all of the episodes in HD format. [Linkster].

Not the fastest download, but it does the job smile_o.gif

Watched all parts. Very impressive documantary. Good job for the heads up!

Anyway there is many more stuff of Ross Kemp, about gangs and such. All very good quality, and quite interesting. thumbs-up.gif

impressive documantary, it gives me a much more clear picture of what is happening there

my full respect to all soldiers who are serving there

Yes i watched this on SkyOne. Brilliant Stuff

It really does show the realities of war. He was only there for one tour and a quite a few lives were lost in that time.