Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

Resistance Units

Would three configs be possible please, so that we can have a blufor, an ofpfor and an independent config which would be good for mission makers i feel smile_o.gif

first of all thanks for all the nice suggestions and pictures...

about the weapon issue, I can't possible make everyone happy with that one and I really can't make the addon require all the weapon packs out there but you can just change the config file to fit your needs, but about that do I need to add a part in the readme about how to do that?

If you think it might be a good idea then I can make some variants in configs so its up to you to decide wich side they should be on...

@commiejoe

I acctually didn't realize that I pretty much kept to bluefor stuff... ofcourse there should be some SLA gear on them aswell... the crew cap sounds like it could be pretty cool.

You could give 'em some personal touch by, for example, adding cigarettes packs into their clothes (or helmets - even though I don't like the idea of helmets). Also some of them could use some stolen and ragged kevlars or civilian jackets (full of pockets - I don't know if you're aware of what I'm talking about, if need I could take some pictures from my lil brother's one if you like the concept of couse).

Outstanding work, mate. notworthy.gif

Awaiting for a beta.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but have another look at the muddy knees of the guys in the blue pants. The distribution of mud looks illogical and too concentrated. I would muddy up his pants between his ankles and his knees, and move the knee mud down to below his kneecaps / the tops of his shins.

Equip them with weapons from all sides, rebels and resistance units tend to use weaponry scavenged from fallen fighters of all sides.

And configs so the troops on all sides sounds good..........

Just my 2 pence worth.

What about a unit looking like Will Smith in "I am Legend", its a casual looking survior...!

Sorry dont know how to hotlink a pic.

( smile_o.gif thanx Wolfrug)!!

I think I'll make one looking like will smith in that picture looks very good.

@plaintiff1

I am aware of the mud on the jeans, I'm not very familiar with texturing yet so these things happens all the time for me, I'll correct it but I can't be sure it will be fixed for the first release but I have made a note of it so I don't forget...

btw someone has mentioned Jericho some times and I must say its not exectly what I ment for this addon some of it I could of course use but its not what I had in mind... but a big thanks for making me watch it...

Hi agamoth

I repared, that most of he units have shirts with only one colour (except for example the one with the red shirt and symbols at it [or is this dirt??? biggrin_o.gif ]).

If you like the idea, you could give shirts with more colored pattern to some of them, to create still more variety.

okay the first beta is almost ready for you

here's some bugs I know of so you don't have to make comments on them once they are released

1. the belts seems to go into the body some times

2. the shemags are two parts one needs to be remade the other sometimes sticks out of the back of the hoods

3.there is a problem with the rvmat file on the player hands you can see the entire texture on the hands, face and such

4. not really a bug but the backpack is a pretty bad model but I don't have time to make another one yet but I will

solutions are welcome ofcourse especially the one with the hands...

one bug I really need to fix before I release them is a shadow problem, normally they are easy to remove but this one just won't go away

resss4.jpg

any help with this will be most welcome I can't figure out where it comes from

okay the first beta is almost ready for you

here's some bugs I know of so you don't have to make comments on them once they are released

1. the belts seems to go into the body some times

2. the shemags are two parts one needs to be remade the other sometimes sticks out of the back of the hoods

3.there is a problem with the rvmat file on the player hands you can see the entire texture on the hands, face and such

4. not really a bug but the backpack is a pretty bad model but I don't have time to make another one yet but I will

solutions are welcome ofcourse especially the one with the hands...

one bug I really need to fix before I release them is a shadow problem, normally they are easy to remove but this one just won't go away

resss4.jpg

any help with this will be most welcome I can't figure out where it comes from

Could that be caused by some normal map?

I tried to edit BIS normals and copy parts of my normals in and as soon as the colours are changed a bit i get such strange shadows ingame.

pretty sure that's a compression problem with the _nohq or the path is wrong in the rvmat. Probably a good idea to snatch a _nohq from another source and swap it in and then check the path for .paa/.png wrong extension, or maybe it's pointing to \myaddon\data rather than ca\myaddon\data in the rvmat..

Path's are killin me in visitor at the moment...but alas..i'm still a noob when it comes to this stuff..could be completely wrong confused_o.gif

Vidz

thanks MehMan somehow I missed it on that unit... I forgot to change the shadow LOD.

okay so now the only thing standing in my way is that I can't get them binarized I just get tons of errors when I try and I really need to get the size down its a huge file

I hope you manage to overcome the problems your having! these are looking great and will definitely consider adding them to my Quarantine mission. They make perfect survivors, or even bandits.

I hope you manage to overcome the problems your having!

i second tht,Good luck with it mate,the units are looking excellent so far notworthy.gif

All the best

Dan

Any progress so far? There has been some days since the last news. I suppose you also have real life to care about biggrin_o.gif

here's a small update before I get these released...

I don't really know what this guy is supposed to be but I like that look...

resistance34qa3.jpg

and if someone could explain to me how BinPbo works, because the file is huge and I just can't get that program to work

How about giving some of them an M14 from one of the releases as the M14 is often used as a hunting rifle.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9951/resistance34qa3.jpg

and if someone could explain to me how BinPbo works, because the file is huge and I just can't get that program to work

Dont get me wrong, but it looks like you just put a black paint over without any detail.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9951/resistance34qa3.jpg

Dont get me wrong, but it looks like you just put a black paint over without any detail.

I think that unit is WIP.

Yeah, but putting absolute black is a big no no. Using very near black is good.