Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

Resistance Units

The look good, and the dirt is fine for me.

The only thing i don't like is the two RPG in the back pack. In RL they would fall. I don't know if it safe, but they wound go backwards? I mean, the stick should be the only visible part.

And, look at the foot of the last guy in the 4th picture, what's that?

Looking great mate - can't wait to play with these! pistols.gif

about the RPG's I still havn't found a good picture of someone with RGP's on their back, there is plenty of russians but what I'm looking for is more homemade like backpacks or something perhaps some pictures from africa might help a bit.

I didn't notice the thing on the picture before I took it and I didn't wanna redo it just for that one thing... its the guy's belt not sure how but for some reason it has been attached to the wrong part of the model and that why its on the ground, it has been fixed

Looks awesome! Can't wait to make some cool missions with these guys.

Out of interest, which side are they on? Or do you intend to add them to all sides?

(Don't listen to Rellikki about adding dirt and such! His skins are far too clean tounge2.gif )

good question acctually... wich side should they be on or should they be on all sides...

forgot this one when I took screens

resistance33fg6.jpg

They looking really good so far. However I think there should be more trouser variations, blue and green dominates smile_o.gif

I think they should be on independent side so it would be easy to change who they are hostile to.

yes that would be the logic choise... not sure if it can be a problem with some of the zombie mods... I think they have a problem with the independent side...

I'll make some more variants of pants... some beige perhaps

Do like "Civilian Addon", add it to all sides.

For a pvp where all are survivors or something like that.

Oh my godness! Just release them already! rofl.gif

Seriously, as a beta!

They are really looking amazing. Now we need a set of civilian firearms!

I think the blue trousers/jeans look a bit over saturated. Otherwise looking good smile_o.gif

I need them now! Seriously I just watched the entire first season of Jericho and I'm in the mood to have some civilian battles.

I need them now! Seriously I just watched the entire first season of Jericho and I'm in the mood to have some civilian battles.

Haha and then some kind of SAS style guys ey ey nener.gif

Kris rofl.gif

Lookin' good! biggrin_o.gif Will be interesting to see how these guys look in-game. Don't worry -too- much about everything being absolutely perfect. As to how to carry the RPGs...umm. Not sure. Google?

-> Random google pic 1

Random google pic 2

Random google pic 3 (slightly different method there - check the belt)

Just some ideas biggrin_o.gif But basically the "cram stuff into your backpack" method seems to be the preferred one.

Regards,

Wolfrug

okay I have gotten so far that a beta version is pretty much ready for a release I'm just working on some of the last bugs I know how to fix at the moment...

any suggestions for small details on them would be welcome, I still think they need are more personal look.

also I would like you to help me find movies related to this kind of resistance guy's, I know red dawn but thats about it there is tons of games but never seen that many movies with such guy's...

about an ETA, well soon but can't be sure, the last important peice of work on this right now is to get the size of the mod down... and a lot its over 500Mb in size... if I you all tell me that you don't mind some bugs I can make a release very soon within a week or something.

oh and almost forgot how should they be armed? right now I use the RH weapons pack, their AK's look great with this but I need more variations, so any suggestions?

The problem is that AA weapons looks too new and they are weapons which are still in use. If you armed them with BIS weap they should have AK, M16 and MP5 in my opinion.

Oh, by the way, can you make a few without the RH weap? I can change that, but you will have to give me your permition.

Quote[/b] ]oh and almost forgot how should they be armed?

Take SLA weapons: AK74, AK74 + GP-25, AK74 PSO scope, PK, RPG-7V, 9K32M Strela-2 (since 1968 with many upgrades in service) and some explosives.

I found one picture http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/TownDrunk187/wolverines.jpg

It's from the movie Red Dawn, which I recommend watching if you are into that stuff... It has some good ideas for your type of units..but mostly winter variants, and perhaps more similar to the era that ARMA is set in

I think you should perhaps make units which have gear that looks like its scavenged from opposing forces.. Such as different headpieces, like a Sla crew cap or the soviet army winter hats...

Other then that it looks great.

Also no to QG!

Weapons wise, if these are "post-apocalyptic civilian soldiers" I think there should be a mix of all weapons. I'd expect them to have weapons from all armies I'd expect to see m-16, Ak-74, AK-47, M4, some should have SLA helmets or american body armor since all their weapons are scavenged from dead soldiers.