Sign in to follow this  
RN Malboeuf

Parachutes

So, I am an OFP player as well as an ArmA player. I was wondering if there was anything like the 21vb Glider from OFP.

This addon in OFP enabled a steerable parachute. Is anything in the works or is anything out?

I have seen the NEW way to do this in mission like Evolution but that doesn't work for everything like pilots bailing out and what not. Please let me know.

Yes.

I've deved one however you need to be in thired person view when you eject otherwise your ArmA will crash to desktop.

Sounds naff but I'm still working on it.  Unfortuntly the addon has a lot of dependancies... I don't what they are but our mod folder is:-

http://raab2.co.uk/RAAB.rar

Press 'W' as soon as your parachute deploys to pull back.

I have no intention on providing you with support however. Try it... if it's rubbish don't have a cow.

We use it all the time in different missions... you'll proberbly need training. If you want to do this kind of mission frequently consider joining RAAB.

i think i saw something like this in mapfact addons... not sure though

I think MapFact only has the round one (like in OFP). Not sure if there's something steerable included, too.

MfG Medicus

Look what you want is in this addon. banghead.gif

I think people may be less than enthused by the CTD

warning, the fact that it only works in 3rd person, the

keyboard "fol-de-rols" required to control it, and your

refusal to offer any support whatsoever.  wink_o.gif

Too true smile_o.gif

Maybe it'll be ok though. I'll be fixing as I go along and I don't think I'll stop working on it for ages so may be a good investment for the future.

u need to creat viewpilot lod, after no crash in first person

thanks dob.

I picked up on that but the problem I was getting was that my config was using the BIS parachute as a plane of which the view points are different.  So I don't think I can create a model that inherits the BIS parachute with a view point LOD like I can inherit objects in the config... if that makes sence.

So in order for me to fix it I think I need to make a parachute model thats set up as a plane model with associated LOD / memories.

sasyboy, sounds like you need to do some work on this before I make it an addon in a mission.

If you can, you might want to un-pbo the 21vb Glider addon to give you some ideas. You might not be able to copy paste but should give you a better understanding.

Maybe start asking some questions on the forums.

ugh, Ironman, i think what Sassyboy is saying that he is working on HIS project for HIS needs and of his clans'. You should eather go to the addon request topic or perhpas unpbo the Glider addon yourself and get busy ,the rewards are satisfying smile_o.gif

I have no idea how to make addons. It will become a disaster if I attempt lol...

Just in case someone missed it.... Rastavovich released a very nice steerable chute (you can find it here).

chute1.jpg

Only downside is that enemy AI doesn't recognise you as an enemy while you are descending (and thereby not shooting at you)... Any of you config gurus around knowing how to fix that???

/KC