Sign in to follow this  
su27

HDR Problem?

This is my screen right after loading mission:

screen1.jpg

As you can see gamma/brightness settings are good and game is playable.

Then, after few seconds my screen looks like this:

screen2.jpg

Game is totally screwed and unplayable. I didn't change any settings, didn't look at the sun.

I've tried with different drivers, HDR settings in Arma.cfg - no luck. The screen become extremely bright and stays this way. Sometimes Alt+Tab helps but not always.

I have 2x GF8800GT, SLI works with FEAR profile.

Intel Q6600 stock - no OC, WinXP

1680x1050, all settings maxed out except postprocessing.

Does anyone have solution for this?

Make sure you have the latest drivers from nvidia.com. Drivers are the most common cause of weird glitches like that.

If you have the latest, then maybe it would help to revert to an older set. Guru3d.com has loads of drivers to try. As well as some betas.

Also make sure brightness and gamma are both set to 1 in the video options.

Are you running ArmA with at least the 1.08 patch?

That's like the exact opposite I have. It looks too dark, the only time I can see it normal is when I look at my feet in the ground. Even if I look away from the sun it looks more like an evening, even though it is midday.

It doesn't help putting the brightness up, everything looks unnatural then, and in dark, small places my colours turn to opposite colours.

Had this problem when installing ArmA the quick way: copying from my old system into my new system... everything got screwed up like the above screens. A simple reïnstall fixed it for me.

damn. i was trying the forceware 171.23 WHQL , the very last one nvidia drivers, and i have same problem.

wich driver have you installled su27 ? if i know , it could save me 10 minute of useless install.

all 169.xx bullshit crysis compliant cause arma crash. i was hoping 171 serie could resolve this, but GODDAMN , here is another bug .

DAMN you nvidia , DAMN YOU !

edit: okay , i think i fixe it with nhancer (nvidia tray tool)

nhancerhdrxk3.png

with openGL version 2.1 and forced HDR enabled , all seem solved.

I've installed a fresh v1.08 ArmA on Vista and the problem disappeared. Moreover, it runs very smooth and stable on 169.25 forceware and F.E.A.R SLI profile.

I was afraid of Vista problems with games but I have to say I'm surprised about how good it works with ArmA.

So I get the HDR problem of darker screens when I look around that brighten up when I look at my feet. Is there a fix?

I use Vista SP1, Nvidia 169.25, and get it with both 1.08 and 1.11

Thanks.

TeAch: Have you checked Gamma and brightness/contrast in windows first? I have 50/50 brightness/contrast and 10% gamma. Raise gamma little to 12 or 15 and then check gamma in-game. I got the same but its fixed this way for me. I know the effect is too heavy but you can at least fix it.

Regards

Alex

ArmA is Direct3D so OpenGL settings is useless (if not then something buggy in that tool or drivers)

I have the OP problem as well. Any way to fix it? I have a v1.12beta 9800gx2 Vista 64 and the latest vid drivers. I am using the profile for SLI that is default in the 174.74 drivers.

Thanks.

I get that same White Screen on 3 of my computers with 8800gt if I go into a Airport Hanger and stair at a wall in certain corner besides that I think HDR has been upped with botht eh 1.11 and 1.12.

And its not vista

Is there any fix for this? Basically it means I can't play the game at all. I set my 9800gx2 to SingleGPU mode and I've tried every setting I can think to try and it always happens.

This is a clean new install of the OS and the game. My specs:

Home/Gaming PC: e8400~3.6Ghz/GA-X48-DQ6/G.SKILL 4GB/P182/(5x)Scythe S-FLEX fans/Corsair750TX/9800GX2/SB X-fi/WD6400AAKS 640GB/WD7500AAKS 750GB/SAMSUNG DVD±R SH-S203B/dualboot Vista64-XP

Any ideas or is ArmA just a broke old game that I can't play? Sucks. sad_o.gif

Update1: Ok, since I have dual boot I tried the game in XP and guess what? No flickering/HDR problem! So, this seems to be only in Vista, of which I have Vista 64. I'd still much rather run the game in Vista as it my main OS, but this is at least information.

I reported this problem a long time ago,(no one ever responded to my problem)was really bad w/my 7950 sli,Got better w/8800gt sli but it still pops up every once in awhile.

Happens all the time with Vista and my 9800gx2, makes the game unplayable. I installed ArmA on my XP partition and ran around a bit and it did not come up at all. Hope they fix this... but with ArmA2 coming I wouldn't count on it.

Ok, I am having the same issue. I tried those settings in nHancer and it didn't help. I tried setting gamma on desktop to 15 and in game to 0.9, didn't help either.

Now, what I did and surely helped is to set Anti-Aliasing to SLI 8x (or any other sli sample rate). Flickering stopped immediately, but the problem is that frames dropped considerably.

I believe this should give a light to this issue, now, anyone have an idea?

Copy/paste of the "solution" (in my case):

I found what generated the problem : it appears as soon as I activate the pistols.gif "Alternate Pixel Center" feature in my Graphics driver!

Hope this helps some wink_o.gif

Screenshots with & without bug (with a radeon 4850 now):

arma_BUG.jpg

arma_OK.jpg

Is there a solution for this? I find it incredibly vexing that alot of serious problems are never addressed by BIS, the threads are just ignored. Essentially I can't play ArmA at the moment because of this flashing and I know Im not alone. Can we get a definitive answer on this.

Tx

E

Probably takes way too much effort of changing the engine or

tweak HDR. Guess no fix for A1 confused_o.gif

Is there a solution for this?

Indeed in my case, unchecking the "Alternate Pixel Center" option in the Catalyst control center (ATI driver panel) solves the problem. If you got an ATI board, you can find it in the "3D" category of the advanced mode of the catalyst control center, at the last line, that should read something like "more parameters" in english (mine is in french).

For Nvidia, I don't nkow if there's a similar option in the driver panel ... if anyone knows, the info is welcome? notworthy.gif