Sign in to follow this  
Pillage

Squad XML's

I'm having a bit of an oddity occurring with my logo. I'm not in a squad/clan but have always used various logos in OFP just because I thought it was a great idea by BI to put in. Having really started playing MP ArmA I set about making some new ones. All seems to be working correctly, except the image doesn't show on the vehicles when I'm playing any type of MP other than self hosted. If I'm playing a coop mission in SP, hosted on my machine I get this...

logoshmpgk8.jpg

On an (offsite) dedicated server I get this...

nologorb0.jpg

However whether it's self hosted or dedicated, BOTH of them show the image correctly in the Player/Squad info page in game. I did try to take an image of this as well but it captures the UI only and not the text/image over it.

I may have also done something wrong in the XML but I don't think so. Any assistance on this front would be much appreciated.

question is pilliage mate where is it hosted ...if its hosted oversea's (i know your an aussie) a lot of the aussie servers block OS XML's i dont know why its just the admins S.O.P.'s that they dont allow outside australian hosting for the xml's if you would like to speak to aussie dave he might be able to set up a local xml hosting for you and see if that helps

i personally dont agree with XML blocking but not up to me mate( we had to move our xml hosting to local due to it)

anyways give that a try

all the best

ONI

ONI, you are the man. I had thought it might have had something to do with my FTP choice, the ACE Dev FTP is the only one I had access to. I swapped to an Australian host (thanks to my Brother, Vypre) and jumped on the GSA server and it works like a charm. I never knew server admins could exclude foreign xml's.

ONI, you are the man. I had thought it might have had something to do with my FTP choice, the ACE Dev FTP is the only one I had access to. I swapped to an Australian host (thanks to my Brother, Vypre) and jumped on the GSA server and it works like a charm. I never knew server admins could exclude foreign xml's.

New to me, there's no option in any config to control XMLs, maybe you're thinking of custom faces.