Sign in to follow this  
Hawkins

In Country

In Country

Current version: 0.86

Author: Hawkins

Ok here's a campaign that Jungle Fever was originally made and started for. It's a grunt campaign, where you step into the boots of a fresh 101st corporal, just arrived to Eagles Nest in the A Shau Valley. Currently having around 10 missions, of which a few are random depending on your achivements, it should offer around 8 hours of gameplay. I will be expanding the campaign a bit further on a chapter that is planned to continue from where this campaign ends.

Currently, the last mission is not the last. One more is coming, which will set the scene for the future sequel, where the player will meet his good buddy Thorne in the LRP's and joins him in his team.

You will need the following addons:

The latest OFP or Gold edition version

Jungle Fever

OFPNam mirror: JF Redux

CSJ Animals

CSJ Hueys

Editor Upgrade 1.02

Comments and feedback welcome!

In Country v0.87

A four week operation, where each step could mean your last one on two legs, it was a war within yourself...

-Redgum, I was only nineteen

walked through the jungle with the patrol for ~30mins when the leader got shot to pieces by some hidden mg and the rest of the squad got massacred by some weird explosions (mortars,mines, grenades?).

/edit: after managing to kill the mg bunker the squad leader walks into the middle of village and doesn't continue to move.

Thanks for testing! smile_o.gif I've been informed of the bug you encountered, it seems that I accidentally uploaded the wrong version of the campaign. I'll be uploading a new version this evening.

Oh, when your squad got killed, did the mission end and did you get a "bonus" mission, or did it just end or what exactly did it do if it did do something?

New version uploaded, same link as before. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. sad_o.gif

New version, first mission fixed! Should work this time.

---v0.86

- Fixed first mission where units got stuck at huts (thanks schuler)

- Fixed error in nvaai.sqs, (leader _group) join GrpNull -> [(leader _group)] join GrpNull (thanks schuler)

- Added radio chatter to RTO

- Fixed spelling errors in briefing (thanks schuler)

Hey Hawkins, I tried to d-load the campaign but your bandwidth is exceeded. I'll try it again March 1st.

-Asmo

P.S. Is there any way you can send me the HAW_veh addon? For some reason when I downloaded everything that file was corrupt and I don't want to have to re-download everything just for that file.

I've uploaded the pbo in question, here's a link to it:

http://hawknam.ofptf.net/Bunker/HAW_veh.rar

The mod is also uploaded to the OFPNam site, link here:

http://ofpnam.com/download.php?view.226

I'll also upload the mod to the other HawkNam (old one) website where the veh pbo is located. Campaign is now also available from there:

http://hawknam.ofptf.net/Missions/InCountry_v087.rar

This version has some bugs, but the first two missions should play out without problems. I'm working on a revised version which should be released soon. Thanks for the interest, all of you! smile_o.gif

Hi Hawkins, thanks for uploading that stuff. Well I tried playing it and on the briefing screen I got:

error loading haw_w\haw_vityp56.p3d

And when I tried playing it the weapons were invisible and when I hit the aim button (iron sights I think?) I spun around in circles! (I almost puked, had been drinking!wink_o.gif lol j/k

Did another of the files get corrupted on the d/l or somethin?

-Asmo

I recommend you download the whole mod again, as it seems that the download was corrupted. Where did you download it from?

The JF link in the first post has now been updated. I re-uploaded the mod to the server. I also verified that the OFPNam link is valid also, you can get the mod from there also. smile_o.gif

There has been some problems with downloading the mod from day one. Some people get a corrupt version and some don't and I don't know what is causing it. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and will do my best to sort it out.

Ok, I finally got it all d-loaded without any corrupted files.  I played the first mission and here's my feedback:

1.  Nice atmosphere. (except the monkey sounds, they started getting kinda annoying lol)

2.  It felt kinda strange walking on the path instead of in cover, I felt exposed there.

3.  At Position 070213 we killed 2 charlies at the huts and 2 more came running up a bit later and we killed them, then we just sat there for a LONG time with nothing happening...

Huts.jpg

Then I got bored and killed everyone in my squad and the mission failed.  I hit continue and it CTD'd with the error:  "Error in campaign structure".  

D'oh!

-Asmo

P.S. I just d/loaded the campaign yesterday, so it should have been the correct version. Also nothing happened to the squad at all until we got to the huts, no fighting up to that point.

I can't believe it still doesn't work. Tested it thoroughly this time before submitting. Well looks like it's back to the drawing board again. One question though, was there a MG or was there a NVA with a RPD in the bunker next to the trail?

I'll remove some of the monkey sounds and replace them with some other sounds. You are right, some of them are a bit annoying and get to you after a while. biggrin_o.gif

Well now wea also know the "Lost" mission doesn't work either. If all your team members get killed during the first or second mission, you have to make way to the FB on your own. I'll put this also into the testing list.

Thanks for testing Asmo! I'll correct these bugs (this time I sure hope they work) and get back with a new version. smile_o.gif

With all the versions I've tested i've never actually encountered this weird stopping error confused_o.gif I'm gonna play again in a bit and report back, this is strange crazy_o.gif

EDIT: Okay just beent testing and came across a couple of bugs before I got to the ville.

1. After my LT was killed and the SGT took over I got this error: '(leader _group) join GrpNull |#|': Error join: Type Object, expected Array.

2. It was an MG next to the trail and after I killed him I got a hint saying "dead", lol. Assuame that was when you were doing some testing to make sure it worked ok biggrin_o.gif

Have to pop out now, will carry on testing this afternoon smile_o.gif

Where did you guys place the campaign file? Just remembered while on the train back home that you have to place the campaign file into the @JF/campaigns folder, as if I remember correctly, there is an old version of the same campaign in that folder. All those bugs you guys have been reporting are fixed in the new version, and also the MG has been replaced with a MG dude. This confirmed my suspicion that you guys have the old campaign in the JF Campaigns folder. I should've been more accurate on the installation, but I totally forgot about that old version of the campaign.

Ok, I took out the campaign that comes with the mod and put the new one in. Started over and got to the area with the MG and we killed some guys and lost 2 of our own. Blew the cache and another guy died and I was in charge. Ran all the way to FB Dolly and nothing happened when we got there.

So I once again killed my squad, got the message that I was alone, hit continue and CTD with the error "Error in campaign Structure".

Yeah Hawkins has fixed it now so that you won't be able to take charge in the first few missions, you camp out in a night defence position and continue to Dolly the next day wink_o.gif

Not sure when the updated version is coming out as Hawkins is fairly busy with RL things atm, I'm sure he'll let you know soon.

New version coming soon, still need to fix some small issues. Busy with Univeristy work, so it's slowing the release down. Wont be long though. wink_o.gif