Sign in to follow this  
ONI.au

AACF SoundMod Version 2.0 released

my humble avice.

BRDM2 sucks (too high frequency.)

5T truck sucks enraged bears. (really too high frequency)

BMP2 is a bit too high rpm too. reduce it near 25 30%

humvee sound not so great.

M1A1 & T72 is really cool. T72 engine sound superb.

maybe you could set a rpm sample ?

gleek the sounds are actually taken from the real thing so if you dont like the sounds i suggest you go out and record some for youself and tell us they dont sound right

the unfortunate thing is the game engine alters the the rpm of the sounds to the point that we have to either speed the sounds up or slow them down to suit

Thanks gl33k, good to hear some feedback from people who have experience with military vehicles!

Unfortunetly we here in aus don't have BRDM's or HMMWVs so we have to go by what we hear on YT or LL and, if we are lucky from members' experience from their time in various services.

Which armed force did you server in to hear BRDMs and HMMWVs, btw?

Oh and could you sample some sounds for us out in the field? That would be great!

since when an arma player require to have been in service for give his opinion ?

5T truck , BRDM2 , and BMP sounds are too high. diesel engine can't rotate at these RPM. it's like 8000 rpm.

i watch few BMP2 movie on web , it doesnt sounds like this.

Did you really record the sound from real one ? because when i listen to that

it doesnt sound same , at all ...

Hi gleek,

Mate I mixed most of the vehicle sounds for the mod, As BK stated its hard to find good clean resources to obtain sound files from .The thing is its even harder to find a good clean sound of a running engine at high rpm. Usually you can only find an idle sound and then for arma you have to speed it up (using third party tools) in order for it to sound correct. When this happens the overall sound changes. Try it take a recording of the bmp idling and speed it up to simulate the engine at cruise speed, it will sound completely different.

Also since arma use a continual loop sound file to recreate vehicle sounds. You cant use a sound file like the one you shown in you tube link. Since the vehicle is moving toward the camera it creates a " Flanging" effect making the start and the end of the file different. This being said the ends don't match up and you can clearly hear in game the "looping effect" which i have tried so hard to minimise.

OK i have a confession re the t72 sound .....its not a t72 sound,  its a T34 nener.gif , I was stretched for time and I had it on hand from another mod I'm working on...Guess it worked huh? biggrin_o.gif

Re the truck it was a real recording of the M-35 truck. The frequency your referring to is arma making it high rev the particular sound whilst going thru the gears it settles when you reach cruising speed (If you know how to rectify this pls let me know)

Re the Humvee, i agree I'm not 100% happy with the sound either but at the time its the best sound we could find.

The brdm, again i searched many hours to find a brdm sound to no avail, the sound was taken from a btr 80

In conclusion you can record any old sound from the net and throw it in a mod and all you will have is a big pile of crap. Other mods like FDF, FFAM have acquired a number of excellent sounds this is represented in their work.

Understand its a lengthy project scanning sound banks ,

re recording, remixing etc to come up to the final result.

Gleek next time pls refrain from using words like "suck" to voice your opinion , this is not constructive and some can take offence. Thanks mate

Thanks to all who have responded to this thread.....much appreciated

Guys, by reverting back to your own config (a while ago), and not taking the changes I did into account, all old errors of the config are back in the config.

This creates problems with other mods, esp replacement mods, and full conversion mods, because you relink the classes to different ones than originally setup in default ArmA.

If you want, I will redo the config once more, then send the changes, and then we can keep in contact by private message, so you can report if something isn't working correctly, so I can point out the problem or whatsoever.

I truelly love your soundPack but I don't really like the need for editing your config to make it proper spec, everytime you guys release an update :-)

no probs mate if you want contact me via pm we use teamspeak to do most of our work together if you want i will give you ts details and you can come in and help us with it as i noticed that with your config the sounds were different than our config i dont know if you had changed any variables on the way so if we can get you to help us to keep the 'feel' we have then by all means mate we would appreciate the help

also we also use the six sense mod on one of our servers and havent seen any errors that you speak of and replacement mods are all around in the mods we are working on and havent seen any errors in the time we have been working with it(also can you tell us what you used to edit the config as its madness trying to edit yours without what your using)

lol

all the best

ONI

Hey mate, np, we will arrange something, your m8 also pm'ed me :-)

As to the errors, these are invisible in the Arma game, except for the ArmA.rpt (But even though not visible, depending on the combinations used, it's possible some stuff doesnt work or some stuff isnt replaced in every way it should have):

%USERPROFILE%\local settings\application data\arma

(copy / paste that in start/run to get there)

(By default it's like C:\documents and settings\your name\local settings\application data\arma)

(The file is only openable when the game is closed, or when it's not in a mission or just starting up)

If at any given moment you see stuff like this, from non default arma addons:

Updating Base Class M4A1 -> M4  by bla bla bla

or like

Updating Base Class Single -> Single   by bla bla bla

Then the or some addon has changed the inheritance tree (so alternative class inheritance setup)

I think the GAU8 burst2 mode pops up in it too because of the wrong inherit: burst2: Mode_*something* instead of burst2: burst1

I have no military experience, but theres a lot sounds in this mod i find somewhat strange..

The sound of a grenade from a T72 sounds very samplish and cartoon like, And the m24 sounds exactly like a staplegun?

Heh, I also have pretty limited experience (absolutely no military experience, so no experience regarding what I'm about to say), but regardless of any sounds that might need some EQ (and I can't think of any offhand, but I know that's a common problem I've noticed in other addons, maybe not yours, but to be honest, I just can't remember), the sounds when being shot at are first rate as far as what I'd expect to hear. Especially with mods like SIX Accuracy and TrueRangeAI , the feeling of getting into a firefight with the way bullets whiz past and impact the ground all around you, combined with some nice 5.1 speakers, makes this mod one of the best for ArmA smile_o.gif

I think its simply the best soundmod for Arma out so far.... Ill never go back to the FDF or other stuff. Never i had this much immersion than with this mod - awesome work. Did improve thing FROMZ was lacking and did the job very well.

I also hope the ACE guys will take some of the sounds/reverbs from this mod, rather than from another. (i read it somewhere that ACE wants to take some sound from a soundmod)

Best Regards, Christian

That would be pretty cool. I will try to get in contact with someone from ACE and sus out what sounds they are going with or if they are making their own.

We might even put together a new and improved AACF sound mod for ACE. I've been putting together some new sounds and Savage has been working on some tweaks so we might bring out a new version... soon... ish.

I love this sound mod. I have tried the others, but I like this one the best. So thanks for making it.

I have a problem though:

Vehicle noise is way too loud for me when inside a vehicle. It is quieter than outside, but I would like to further reduce it. You see, the problem is when inside a vehicle I can not communicate via TS. I can't hear anyone. I do not want to reduce the effects volume in the game settings. I like it at max settings. It sounds best at max.

So, is there a way for me to reduce the volume further while in vehicles?

Does this mod discard the effect of vehicles being more quiet when your inside rather than outside? That's such a nice feature I hope it wont discard it. I know FDF and a few other sound mods are able to keep that feature, while others can't. The reason I ask is the above poster implied it's not working properly, while others have. Is it an audio card issue or what? Thanks...

it never used to discard the effect in fact we had a hard time with every version of the beta's trying to modulate the sound mod against them as they changed the way sounds affect in game each one however....at this time it isnt pheasable to change any of the vehicle sounds to suit the current beta as we dont know as to when the next beta will be out or if a definite patch will be released soon( i hope so ) as each time we have fixed it for the previous beta they released a new beta and we were back at square one again so i hope you can all understand why we havent changed any of the vehicle sound settings at this time

once we have a definite controlled circumstance then i think we will rectify the issue but with each edition that comes out it just becomes pointless unless its a long standing update

as to the other sounds i am glad that ppl like the imersion and feel that our sound mod gives as it took us a good 12 months to get the feel we wanted in our mod

Sav and BK are currently looking at differing aspects of the mod and i am taking a small hiatus due to rl interferances im involved in but i support the work they are doing to improve on our work 110% and if we can improve on it in the areas we want to then it will take sound modding to an all new level

anyways thats all i have for you all at this time

all the best

ONI

Ok i have a strange Problem here with the 2.2 version and the signed keys.

I put the signed key in my keys folder on the dedicated server.

But everytime i join with the mod, it says that the aacfsounds.pbp is not signed by any keys on the server - resulting in kick.

Please can you look over this? Or help me?

I put the signed key in my keys folder on the dedicated server.

Does the addon on the client have its corresponding .bisign? ie: addon.pbo and addon.pbo.author.bisign

Also, I might be wrong, but AFAIK the key needs to be on the client also, under ArmA\Keys\, I usually do it anyway incase I host a server.

edit: detail

Well, for every other client-side addon like fdf_sounds, Frommz 1.4p, Armaeffects and so it ok to only put the keyfile in the keys folder on the server.

Only for this AACF its not working.

I found out the following Problems:

1. author.bisign file has a other name than the corresponding .pbo!

If i change now either the .pbo name to match the .bisign filename or when i change the .bisign filename, the error message on connecting to the server is gone - but instead i get kicked instantly.

When i look then in the server logs, i find this:

Quote[/b] ]2:49:45 Player Mr.g-c: Wrong signature for file AACFSOUND\addons\aacfsound.pbo

2:49:45 Player Mr.g-c disconnected.

Its definittely the addon-sign or key or whatsoever. Please maker of this soundmod repair this!

Regards, Christian

author.bisign file has a other name than the corresponding .pbo!

There's an AACF key on the OFPEC tags site, not sure if its the same one though since I don't use this addon.

AACF - OFPEC Tag System

author.bisign file has a other name than the corresponding .pbo!

There's an AACF key on the OFPEC tags site, not sure if its the same one though since I don't use this addon.

AACF - OFPEC Tag System

Doenst Work either!

Please Oni.au and the Others from the pack, re-release it as soon as possible with proper signed files.

Its a shame the users of the probably best sound-mod can't play on the serious servers with signature-checking on.

Regards, Christian

i will look into it

Thats very good to hear mate!

ONI has taken a leave of absence for a while so I'm maintaining his projects until he returns.

He released an updated version of the sound mod the day before 1.14 in his Desert Warfare (DW) pack. This version now has working keys / signatures, we use them on the gamingsa.com PvP server.

You can download the current version of the AACF Sound Mod, version 2.3 from:

Gaming SA mirror

Rapidshare mirror

ONI has taken a leave of absence for a while so I'm maintaining his projects until he returns.

He released an updated version of the sound mod the day before 1.14 in his Desert Warfare (DW) pack. This version now has working keys / signatures, we use them on the gamingsa.com PvP server.

You can download the current version of the AACF Sound Mod, version 2.3 from:

Gaming SA mirror

Rapidshare mirror

Great! Downloading now.... hope Armaholic and Armedassault.info make this public as soon as possible.