Sign in to follow this  
Allie

Map Making (A to Z)

I have reimported sat textures many times.

Delete the Layers Folder inside the Data Folder

Check to make sure your Project Preferences > Folder Textures box goes to the right place. For example: P:\ace_palms_eaf\data (that's mine). I changed things once and kept getting the errors you mention. Make sure this step is correct.

Import the sat and mask (I use binary). Make sure those three files (sat, layers, mask) are in the folder you mention. Let it do its thing.

Run buldozer and it will convert them to the right files (there are other ways too but this will work).

Save it.

Shut down V3. Restart and you'll be good to go.

awesome i will start giving this a shot ive been waiting for somthing like this thanks notworthy.gif

I cant find my folders after this action:

Part one:

Now lets go to your Armed Assault directory and find your Addons folder.

We have to extract (right click, you have the new DePbo extract function there now) the following files:

•

Buildings.pbo

•

Misc.pbo

•

Plants.pbo

•

Rocks.pbo

I also got this when trying to extract and install kegetys

cpbo v2.03 by Kegetys <kegetys[at]dnainternet.net>

C:\Users\Bengt\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX00.860\cpbo\cpbo.exe

PBO association failed!Directory association failed!Done.

Whats wrong?

Ok, i solved the problem by myslef, it wasnt needed becouse i already have this files BI relesed short before.

But, i followed the tutorial as written but cant connect to Buldozer, the whole game crash everytime.

everything went well so far, but just cant connect.

Ideas?

A bit of Africa Wip

africaey9.th.jpg

Thank you for this tutorial wink_o.gif

Waiting for the next steps!

thanks alot Allie!

These tutorials have helped me to solve some issues!

MERCI! biggrin_o.gif

edit: i also would like to thank Opteryx!

Hi everyone,

I have seen you guys are making progress, this is a cool thing.

I have a lott of work these days, busy developing together with canadian company a automated poker machine smile_o.gif.So i really do not have any time to sit down again and try to get into the new release of the editing tools, i'm even not having time to update the allrdy existing tutorial.

Maybe somebody else can pickup where i left, and update the one allrdy there. If anybody needs source files from this give me a shout.

I hope to be back fulltime when Arma 2 comes out. If we can finnish our "real life" project in time and with good result.

I'm even thinking about developing a new OFPwatch like application for arma. (who knows)

Some other ideas are that we need BIG real existing buildings like white house or pentagon.........( for training to be safe when we need to overtrow the goverments smile_o.gif ).

an Other thing i saw was the mountain complex, really interresting, please dudes help this guy getting the last bugs resolved.

Better realistic tank and chopper electronic sensor like tv screens and shit.Thermal view, FLIR......

More police cars from as much as possible country's, this just so you can get rid of your frustrations for when one of these pigs gave you a ticket again wink_o.gif.

Ok gotte go back to work again, crap .net programming, i rather use Delphi, but the company wants to have the project in .net sad_o.gif

later dudes, happy scripting.

Alphons de Wild

Once again, i would like to thank you for all the work and information you gave us and share with us.

Much appreciated.

Good luck with the 'real life'. smile_o.gif

Cheers mate!

The problem with your tutorial is that it uses Windows XP. Some things without Vista are very different. For example, I cannot extract the following files as there is no new function. Yes, I have cpbo..

following files:

•

Buildings.pbo

•

Misc.pbo

•

Plants.pbo

•

Rocks.pbo

I can also not connect to Buldozer (says mismatch of exe and data?)

Quote[/b] ]Some things without Vista are very different. For example, I cannot extract the following files as there is no new function. Yes, I have cpbo..

hum??!? huh.gif

I never used Vista.. can't you have a command prompt in Vista?

open a command prompt (cmd or DOS command) window and execute the cpbo, its how i do it.

if you don't know, the command for extracting those files:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">cpbo -e Buildings.pbo

same for the rest of the files.

It will create a directory where you extract them.

edit: added link.

don't know if this info can be useful for your particular problem, Visitor & v1.14

Quote[/b] ]Some things without Vista are very different. For example, I cannot extract the following files as there is no new function. Yes, I have cpbo..

hum??!?  huh.gif

I never used Vista.. can't you have a command prompt in Vista?

open a command prompt (cmd or DOS command) window and execute the cpbo, its how i do it.

if you don't know, the command for extracting those files:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">cpbo -e Buildings.pbo

same for the rest of the files.

It will create a directory where you extract them.

edit: added link.

don't know if this info can be useful for your particular problem, Visitor & v1.14

Huh?

All I know is I don't have an extract option when I right click. I don't know what else you're talking about there.

Anyways, I have Buldozer working properly now.

Try usings pbo decriptor, you can download it from OFPEC, it worked for me whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Try usings pbo decriptor, you can download it from OFPEC, it worked for me whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Link? Because I have no idea what you're talking about.

How I need to import the Island to ArmA?

I use BinPBO for pack it but in game I don't see the island and when I binarized it give me errors in the log file created by BinPBo

Quote[/b] ]

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb8

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB8 not found

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb11

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB11 not found

Thanks a lot Allie for this tutorial smile_o.gif

I'm waiting the next part of it.....

I have one problem, I did everything like in tutorial, but when I already import satellite + mask and run Buldozer, I cant see my texture taken from Google Earth on my map, instead of that, it looks like this:

http://i34.tinypic.com/zvabrl.jpg

Whats the problem ?  huh.gif

maybe a wrong texture path somewhere?

Did the import sat mask operation created textures and rvmats files in your data/lavers directory?

Yes, I have rvmats and textures there, and I checked the paths and all seems to be ok.  huh.gif

Edit: I am going to try it again, hope I will get better result...

Edit 2: still nothing. sad_o.gif

did you check if the textures files in your "data/layers" directory are parts of your google earth picture?

is the path to textures in .rvmat files correct (created rmats, in "/data/layers" directory, not the "/data" ones

Yes, I checked both and the textures from google are there and also the paths to textures in .rvmats are ok.  huh.gif

Yep, I have everything ok, but I am missings some configs because I am not "so far" in making map.

Edit: maybe I can try to send someone the whole map to find the problem ? If anyone is interested and have some time...thanks in advance.

just for the record.. that pic show you the P:\ca\map

but you can put it in P:\map directory.

It doesnt matter where you put your map, i advise you to put in P:\map and you just need to check all links for the respective folders.

BTW, everything in the layers folder is made by Visitor itself.

If there are problems, delete everything in the layers folder and restart the "import" process.

It will regenerate all the files again, based on any new parameters.

Wrr, I dont have patience for this anymore.. mad_o.gif

I have put the map folder to P:\, deleted layers from data folder, changed all configs and rvmats paths, converted all images so they have 24 bit depth(through Fireworks CS3 - like you bravo 6), changed path to textures in Visitor also, and when I am trying to Import Satellite + Mask, Visitor still crash at the end.....this is really annoying. I have also tried to reduce images size from 10240 to 5120 and still nothing.... banghead.gif