Sign in to follow this  
icfhoop

Please Help

Hello all, I kind of took what i was asking for in Opteryx tutorial thread and put it in here so it wont spam up that thread. Well here it is, I have used Opteryx's tutorial on making Arma Islands, but have run into a delima. While doing the textures I fired bulldozer which converted them all to paa, so then I didnt get any errors, but when my buldozer finished loaded, all I had was a black screen. If anyone has any ideas on what could be wrong, please, please reply.

Thank you.

Well since no one has replied or even attempted to, maybe some could check this to see if it is wrong,

So I kept looking to see if I could find anything wrong and I maybe did, In the layers folder i opened up a random rvmat, and is the png part supposed to be paa? just curious.

I'm not the best person for this as I am still learning but I'll try to help as much as I can..

First thing that comes to mind would be your layers folder, after the conversion is finished are the files .paa?

The .rvmat files in the data folder that are with your *_detail_co.paa, *_detail_nohq.paa, and *_mco.paa should have .paa not .png in them. Though I'm not sure thats what your referring to but it might be good to check to see if you have all those files.

Did the map work before you imported your textures? If you gave it a try before you should have seen your terrain fine with a pearly white texture over it.

As for the conversion you may want to try the other way in the tutorial by doing the conversion yourself with the pal2pace.exe in the tools folder I believe. I have not had any luck with the conversion process in buldozer even though others seem to have no problem at all. I stick to what works wink_o.gif

If that doesn't fix your problem or at least give you an idea then you may have to give some more information about your problem so others can help you better. You also need to be patient as it might take a day or two to get a response.

ok converted them using your method, but still black.  Now the files in the layers folder, do I need to copy all of the ones from the Sara folder and paste them in my map layers folder? Thanks.

Ok one more thing, in the layers folder, I opened the rvmats inside the layers folder and compared them to the ones in Sakakah, but mine had only one line of wierd letters and symbold while Sakaka had 3 lines. Could that be the problem?

Hi, just kicking in the door here.

In my tutorial i run into the RVMAT file thingy in the LAYERS folder too.

For now i dont have any problems with the textures, i was wondering if you mean you have BLACK pic INGAME or IN VISITORS BULDOZER ??

In my tutorial, buldozer shows me the right stuff, but i noticed that it did not change the NAMES of the textures in the RVMAT files.(714files in my case )

I have not tryed to test the map INGAME, but i was thinking that in all previous versions of me making maps, i always changed the RVMAT files manually, it seems for getting the map to work INGAME we have to change the names ourselfs in all the RVMATfiles in our LAYERS folder.

This can be a hel of a job, its hundreds of files.

I use ULTRAEDIT for that, theres more texteditor programms that can do it, ULTRAEDIT allows me to open up all the RVMAT files at once, then i have the option of changing stuff in all files at once.

So to your question, i think this is the problem.

Else check my tutorial, Rest of tutorial will come next week.

Later,

Allie

NOTE: First time you start BULDOZER, it will convert all PNG's to PPA's, but.... it does NOT change the names of the textures inside the RVMAT files.

So to be sure you have to change the names of the textures from .PNG to .PAA inside each RVMAT folder inside the LAYERS folder.

If you have your rc3 packing pipeline set correctly it should convert the rvmat files automatically when you pack your island for ingame checking.

There should be no need to edit the rvmat files yourself.

Program used is CfgConvertFileChng.exe

Check the file binMakeRules.txt in the BinMake folder.

Planck

Thank you tank you, that was what i want to hear.

So in the end if we pack the island to a pbo file with the Binpbo tool from the BI pack, all is fine.

So if i understand correctly, we do NOT have to manually change the names inside the RVMAT files in the LAYER folder.

This would be nice, i dont have to bother about changing 715 files then.

We will see in the end.

Later,

Allie

if your rvamt files call for .png textures it will not run on a dedicated server. i hate having to unpack every new island and change hundreds of files to get the thing to run on my server

So we have to change them, good point on the dedicated server thingy, this was the problem with the shakakah map from opty too.

Crapsky

Hi, just kicking in the door here.

In my tutorial i run into the RVMAT file thingy in the LAYERS folder too.

For now i dont have any problems with the textures, i was wondering if you mean you have BLACK pic INGAME or IN VISITORS BULDOZER ??

In my tutorial, buldozer shows me the right stuff, but i noticed that it did not change the NAMES of the textures in the RVMAT files.(714files in my case )

I have not tryed to test the map INGAME, but i was thinking that in all previous versions of me making maps, i always changed the RVMAT files manually, it seems for getting the map to work INGAME we have to change the names ourselfs in all the RVMATfiles in our LAYERS folder.

This can be a hel of a job, its hundreds of files.

I use ULTRAEDIT for that, theres more texteditor programms that can do it, ULTRAEDIT allows me to open up all the RVMAT files at once, then i have the option of changing stuff in all files at once.

So to your question, i think this is the problem.

Else check my tutorial, Rest of tutorial will come next week.

Later,

Allie

NOTE:  First time you start BULDOZER, it will convert all PNG's to PPA's, but.... it does NOT change the names of the textures inside the RVMAT files.

So to be sure you have to change the names of the textures from .PNG to .PAA inside each RVMAT folder inside the LAYERS folder.

Yes they are black in bulldozer.