Sign in to follow this  
Morticus

Co30_RSS_BurningFields_V2

BURNING FIELDS Mission Version 2 Released

Overview

The mission starts you in the northern sara map. Your objectives have been marked and ther is no order to there completion.

I would suguest to make a plan and stick to it to reduced server load.

You are on the side of the SLA forces and you will be outnumbered and out gunned from the start.

AI Bluefor have Tanks, heli's, Plains and Artillery at ther disposal.

Good luck hope you enjoy the mission.

Quick note, if you get any DAC errors just Restart mission.

New features included,

1. Mobile spawn unit via the mobile field hopsital.

2. Added a extra 3 missions inc blowing up a building

3. Improved amount of armour in towns.

4. Server FPS improved.

5. Farps can be setup like in Evo

6. Engineers can unflip vehicles like in domination

7. Not all base equipment respawns, (just to make it harder)

8. New Woodland base.

9. increased Ai men to 6 per person.(including yourself)

Possible future plans.

To be able to set up a mobile base including bunker guns medical etc.

Add side missions for extra bonuses like domination.

Morticus

Making missions for the suicidesquad.

http://www.suicidesquad.co.uk

Mission Download from Armaholic.com

C030_RSS_BurningFields_V2

Fantastic gave this a run today on Gaming SA  and wow so much to do, this has great potential for some good Coop action. The AI enemy are on steriods though yeh keep returning to the same areas over and over pistols.gif a slight over kill, but do like the having AI to command at the same time  yay.gif

Thx Guys i try my best just trying to give you all more missions to play other than Evo and Domination.

Dont get me wrong they great and i learned a lot form Xeno and Kiljoy.

Mort.

Try the VIP Transpork mission i sure you like that too

RSS VIP Transport

Love the transporting of VIP,s and the base invasion biggrin_o.gif but anyway of keeping the option of VIP,s out of the BH whistle.gif

Hey there,

great work with your BurningFields mission.

We played it through on our Server tonight and we had real fun out there.

Some Bugs we found:

We could not get the mission to end properly because the destruction of the radar tower near the woodland base did not trigger the related objective to be done.

(It was destroyed by shots from the T-72 MainGun)

We encountered CTD's when we killed enemy units at the Pita - Airport

(yeah, its not an objective but we found enemies there when we chose a flightpath to Masbete that led us over Pita, so we wanted to take them out..)

First I was the one who killed a lot of enemies at the Pita - Airport with the Hokumn and then had the CTD.

Later, in an effort to recapture the Hokumn from the Pita - Airport, a teammate had to kill more enemies there to secure the area.

When he killed some of them, he also got the CTD.

In the first fights it sometimes gets VERY laggy when the AI calls in reinforcements from the other towns whereby the lag disappears while the mission advances.

The Briefing is written for the BLUFOR - Side while the Side we play in this mission is OPFOR.

We will definately play this mission again even if the above mentioned Bugs are not fixed. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the report on them issues.  I am already trying to address some of them and should be relasing a update to version 2B soon.

I have verion 2a already removing lots of lagg and i have changed a few objectives as well as added some extra, but i have not released this as of yet.

Regarding the CTD, I not sure what is causing this but i am loooking ito it as i have a number of reports of this happening.

I think it could be a local script that gets its self into a bit of a mixup.

You can download my test version of the Mission if you like but please be aware this will change as i constantly updating it.

Here is the link.

All Test versions of my missions

I will update the forum when the next version is available.

#SnRaCe

Quote[/b] ]Love the transporting of VIP,s and the base invasion but anyway of keeping the option of VIP,s out of the BH

Thx glad you like the mission but i not sure what ya mean by keeping the vips out of the BH.

I can only assume you are wanting the mission to use land based vehicles only and no helicopters.

I am aware that the VIP's can be transported to the LZ with not much trouble depending on the verion of mission you are running. I am in the current process of changing the mission slightly as in you have to rescue the VIP's first from a enemy camp then transport them to the safe zone.

I hope to have a forum set up for the Transport mission soon when i release Version 2.

Love this map! You did a great job on it. A couple of comments though, stuff I found while playing a LAN game:

1) The radar bug as mentioned above, you're aware of that one.

2) Playing OPFOR we can't seem to recruit anyone at all, is there something I'm missing?

I'm also curious about the enemy calling reinforcements, do I have to destroy all radio towers to stop that, or does it just keep happening until we take a town and move on to the next?

Thanks!

This depends on the target the radio towers, this takes out the reinforcements in that zone. but the towns this is diferent.  The towns have a limited amount of reinforcements. Corazol is far the hardest town to take as it has 3 zonez each zone has its own reinforcements.  To stop these reinforcments you would need to find the Base Camps and destry these there for stopping them spawn.

Each base camp is placed at Random each mission to prevent the mission being too boring, along with unit creation.

In therory no mission game should be the same.

The problem with the recruiting is that this does not work in single player, i made it wor working on a dedicated server. I will sort out a single player/local server version as i had to modify the recruitment script so that it would work with the mission.

I am glad you like the mission I trying to give people something diferent to play. I always liked a mix of missions to play.

Sould have you a single player mission and a updated version of the mission for this week end for you guys.

Hope to see you all playing my mission on a server near you soon smile_o.gif   yay.gif

Thanks for your comments guys. hope you like the little road blocks and small bases here and there smile_o.gif

yay.gif I am please to announce that version 2B will be available on Wednesady Night.

I have changed a few locations of the Mission Targets and also added AI counter attacks to make it more intresting.

Hope i have removed the bug for some people that reoprt crashing to desktop. I have run the Mission Multiple times on all 3 of my computers without this occuring.

I have also done a few other tweeks here and there.

Including a Airfield Base, Base in woods, and AI controled bases positioned all over map.

Hope you enjoy it sorry for the delay in the update been buys on Burning Sea smile_o.gif

Mort.

Hi Morticus,

we played this mission (version 2B) last night, nice one.

but at missions start a DAC error message appears 'Wrong AI AddOn' if i remember right.

Sorry for my poor English

Hmmm strange never had that message before.

Can you give me any further details ?