Sign in to follow this  
Asmodeus

Steal the Scud

Hello everyone, I haven't posted here or been active in the community in a LONG time...  I've been in flight school learning to be a helicopter pilot and haven't had any spare time.  However, I did find time to make this mission recently...

Here's some info about it:

"Category:  SP Mission

Title:     Steal the Scud

Version:   V1.2

Author:    Asmodeus

=============================================

*EDIT*

Addon Requirements:  

*HYK Modern U.S. Infantry V2.05 (US and OPFOR and everything stated in the thread that is needed for them) (RHS Weapons V1.01)

*OFPEC Blood addon.

*OFP V1.96, or at least V1.91

Note:  JAM is not required.

Links to all the required addons:

HYK Modern U.S. Infantry V2.05 (includes links for the weapons needed, you don't need JAM):

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=37972

OFPEC Blood Addon 1.4 (final):  

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=4102

*EDIT*

=============================================

Description:

"Steal the Scud" is a tribute to one of my favorite fast and deadly missions, Steal the car.

A top secret stealth missile is attached to a Scud launcher and has been observed in Larche.  It has been determined that a single operative can infiltrate the town and steal the Scud launcher.  You have been chosen for this task.  Good luck!"

*EDIT*

Ok, V1.2 of Steal the Scud is now available for download here.

*EDIT*

I haven't had this beta tested so any feedback would be great.  Also please note *edit*this mission now has an Outro.*edit*

Enjoy!

Asmo

Hi Walter_E_Kurtz, sure thing, I've reposted The Lost Lion on the original thread. I'll work on getting Black Gold ready as well.

Let me know what you think of this mission if you've played it!

-Asmo

P.S. About the Lebrija Landing modifications, I can do that soon. I'm glad you like my missions!

Thanks to both of you for the replys.

@ Black Sphere

This is a very strange problem.  I've just worked on it for awhile and I got it to where the addon doesn't show up in the .sqm... until I export the mission!  It's really starting to be a pain in the neck.

"therhsakpack",

is not found in a search on these forums nor the entire internet!  I have no addon with a name anywhere near it and I am in the process of removing all addons other than those needed for this mission to see if that will fix it.  If that doesn't fix it I'm going to just nuke OFP and be done with it.   mad_o.gif    tounge2.gif

(I even tried deleting everything in the mission, one at a time [i even deleted the markers] until I got down to a normal West soldier and that was it, in the mission and the intro... then when I exported it the "therhsakpack", came up again.)   banghead.gif

@ Walter

1.  Fixed that.  Thanks

2.  See above answer, workin on it... Any suggestions anyone may have would be grand.

3.  Because I use desert soldiers in the mission.  Their color scheme works better with Malden.

4.  In his body?  I put the camera in front of him...  I've never had this happen.  I guess I could move the camera further down the hill away from him or delete him.  

Thanks for the replys!  This "therhsakpack", thing is really a pain in the neck.

-Asmo

Just delete "thersakpack" line from the .sqs addons class (see the first quote from Walter_E_Kurtz's post) and you'll be fine.

This mission is, as was your intention, a replica of "Steal a car" mission, it's a bit tougher regarding on a presence of the armor and a bigger number of enemy solders, but that pretty much sums it up. Good mission, was fun to play.

Just delete "thersakpack" line from the .sqs addons class (see the first quote from Walter_E_Kurtz's post) and you'll be fine.

This mission is, as was your intention, a replica of "Steal a car" mission, it's a bit tougher regarding on a presence of the armor and a bigger number of enemy solders, but that pretty much sums it up. Good mission, was fun to play.

Thanks but I did that and it just shows back up! Maybe my OFP is having issues... I haven't played it in quite awhile. Or maybe I have some addon that's conflicting with another one.

Glad you like the mission, thanks for the feedback!

Glad to see you back Asmodeus! smile_o.gif Long time no see. I'll put this onto my beta testing list. Will get back to you. wink_o.gif

-Hawkins

Thanks Walter, I found the culprit!  This may have come from back in the day when I made missions for them and had access to stuff before they released it.

FYI for anyone else that may have this problem and find it in a search:

Shows up in mission.sqm as:  therhsakpack

Addon causing it:  weapons.pbo

Created Date:  Friday, August 25, 2006, 1:55:42 AM

Modified Date: Monday, February 03, 2003, 5:37:56 AM

Size:  49.2 MB

yay.gif

Ok... now that THAT is over with.... crazy_o.gif I'll upload a fixed version.  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the help!  You'll all get credit in the readme and outro (if/when I get time to make one!wink_o.gif.

-Asmo

Quote[/b] ]FYI for anyone else that may have this problem and find it in a search:

Ok but whats the fix? All of the released RHS weapons packs don't have the "class name" {therhsapack} and the file names are RHS_Weapons.pbo.

Ok, V1.1 of Steal the Scud is now available for download here.

*EDIT*

Addon Requirements:  

*HYK Modern U.S. Infantry V2.05 (US and OPFOR and everything stated in the thread that is needed for them) (RHS Weapons V1.01)

*OFPEC Blood addon.

*OFP V1.96, or at least V1.91

Note:  JAM is not required.

Links to all the required addons:

HYK Modern U.S. Infantry V2.05 (includes links for the weapons needed, you don't need JAM):

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=37972

OFPEC Blood Addon 1.4 (final):  

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=4102

*EDIT*

Fixes:

1.  Updated Readme to reflect the exact addons I used, including version numbers.

2.  Fixed therhsakpack error message.

3.  Removed JAM requirements.

4.  Altered intro where the soldier is looking through the binoculars by moving the camera in front of him a bit more. (let me know if this fixes it Walter... it's hard to fix something that I can't recreate)

5.  Added Binocs and NVG's to the starting weapons loadout.

Things I didn't change because I think they are fine:

1.  The weapon choices.  The ones that are not desert don't come in desert as far as I could tell.  But I like having them available so I left them in there.  Also I don't want desert and non desert versions of ALL the weapons available.. it would just look messy in my opinion.

Thanks again for all the feedback, let me know how this one works for you if you can.

-Asmo

P.S.  @ Hawkins:  Hey man!  Glad to see you're still into OFP.  I look forward to any comments you have on the mission, thanks!

Quote[/b] ]FYI for anyone else that may have this problem and find it in a search:

Ok but whats the fix? All of the released RHS weapons packs don't have the "class name" {therhsapack} and the file names are RHS_Weapons.pbo.

I just had to remove the "weapons.pbo" file from my addons folder and it got rid of that "therhsakpack" addon requirement in the mission. smile_o.gif

Thanks Walter, glad we fixed that intro. No prob on the weapons, I thought the same thing.

1. Just changed it, thanks.

2. I'll fix that, thanks!

I don't know about the SMAW's, I wonder if they suck like that in real life too lol.

Include a heap of barrels hmm? Perhaps I can do this. Is there anything you can think up that would allow me to put them in there and make a realistic reason for them to be there?

-Asmo

P.S. I've completed an outro for it. I'll upload it soon.

Hey mate, been banging this one up and down for a few days, looking good! Enemy placement is very nice, and causes a hard time for a guy like me who's got used to the cover of triple canopy jungle. biggrin_o.gif

The fact that the enemy is alert when I go is generally good, since they're elite. Seemes a bit weird at first but I got used to it since.

Would it be possible to have a silenced weapon in the gear selection? I don't need a silenced prim. weapon, but a sidearm with a silencer would be good. Would make me feel more "secure" (false security is fatal) when going into the town.

Just a few pointers I thought off while playing. Didn't see any hicups or other errors during gameplay. Will wait for the next verison to see the outro. Looking good so far mate.

@ Hawkins

Thanks man!  Glad you liked it.  That's funny about you being used to jungle missions, I can see that.  Yeah I just made them alert because it seems to fit the idea I had for the mission.  lol (BTW I'm going to download the addons for your mission and test it out when I get the chance)

I forgot to add a silenced pistol but I got to thinking about it and the thing is I don't want people going into this in a "stealthy" manner.  I planned this mission for fast and furious, guns blazing & stuff blowin up!  pistols.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I've got the outro done and it's in this version I'm about to post right now!

@ Walter

LMAO, well I just couldn't make myself add barrels for no reason whatsoever.  It is pretty cool how they react to the mass of the scud launcher though.  Thanks for the suggestion but I think I'll leave them out of this mission.  However, I have a sequel in the works that I might be able to use this idea in and make it go with the plot!   biggrin_o.gif

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE

Version 1.2 is now available!

Changes/Fixes/Additions

1.  Now there's an HYK dude driving the Scud

2.  Dang, I forgot to fix the carlgustav launcher, maybe I should just take it out lol.  Will fix in next (maybe final?) version I promise!

3.  Added outro

You can download it here.

Let me know what you think!

-Asmo

Thanks Walter, hopefully you'll get many more such on-screen credit! wink_o.gif