Sign in to follow this  
Dingmatt

StarGate : Challenged Empires

DSF Productions is pleased to announce the continuation of or 'StarGate:Challenged Empries' Total Conversion, now for ArmA and ArmA II

The TC will be focused mainly on Multiplayer Gameplay and on large campaign scale battles between rival forces competing for territory, with the join in progress functionality its possible for games to span from hours to days.

Gameplay will be very loosely based on CTI, it will incorperate resource and intellegence gathering as well as planet / space combat and a degree of experiance base skills.

We've yet to truely decide what were going to incoperate as it possibilities are endless but we've decided to release 'Episodes' for ArmA which will introduce players to the various game concepts and planets they'll encounter in the SG:CE.

The 'Episodes' will be multiplayer missions used to build up the SG:CE Story Arc and each will focus on one area of gameplay the player will need when playing the finshed TC.

Episode 1: Hidden Danger - TBC

This episode is currently under production, it will focus on a emergency situation offworld. A SG team cut off from the SGC with the fate of Earth soley on there shoulders.

Any ideas are welcome, be it missions or addons; pretty much we'd like to hear your thoughts.

what stuff is made already is the question? i guess you're using the stuff you already produced, in that case additionally i'd love to see such robotor unit they send through the gate to check the area via video, dunno how it is called in english, maybe a system like the drone of fennek made by the bwmod for ofp, though i am aware of the fact that this won't be made very fast, +give it a fire option, like the robots used by us army

Yeah, a MALP is a must. We've already started its development including a camera feed to be used for offworld reconnaissance and a remote control system.

A question I have is; How will you avoid the obvious legal issues that killed off the OFP Stargate mod?

The OFP SG mod never had any legal issues, the only issue raised was mgm contacting a news site which was getting revenue from ads while attracting in SG fans.

None of the Mods creators were evey contacted, we just ran out of time due to RL issues.

amazing dingmatt really amazing, how about some shots of the Goa’uld, and i guess to give every gate an own "army/civilization" is also kinda tricky, you got an idea how to come around that?

Yes, by using scripts to populate the 'Planets' with units in custom attire; and balancing the population by spawning civilian / resistance units depending on how friendly the 'Planets' population is towards the visitors.

i.e. if there really friendly it would be a 100% civ / 0% res balance,

Angry may be a 70% civ / 30% res.

But if anyone has any ideas them i'd be pleased to hear them.

so how about if you first of all split the "planets" in:

goauld ruled, then res is pro you

human ruled, res/civs/government can be pro, against or neutral

alien ruled, depending on if there will be, like una, wraith or dunno which were on the show too

res = tokra?

possibility to buy different weapons, vehicles technology, or sell you'Re own stuff, guess i am exaggerating atm :P

otherwise i don't know to be true, but i guess the gate system is at least as good as in ofp, and that worked pretty good in the old times

Quick note, couldn't you just have say an active Civil and Resistance presence on each world, then, depending which world each team is visiting at one given time, use the "setfriend" command to set resistance to be friendly to West if the SGC is visiting a planet which they are friendly to and resistance to be friendly to East if the Goa'uld are visiting a planet they are friendly to?

Of course, the problem with this system is it assumes a team can only visit one planet at a time... saves with adding/deleting stuff though.

Its a Good idea D@VÅ but i need to code based on the idea that more than one side maybe on the planet at a time.

They'll be fighting over territory; honestly i think this will be an entirely different form of gameplay and i'm eager to find which tatics will evolve.

Of course, you could just say the 3rd side is a loose coalition, which would work.

I mean, word of an evil oppressive alien race bent on establishing dominion over the entire sector would no doubt spread fast biggrin_o.gif

dude this sounds very amazing.

i wish you good luck with your work on this mod.

i guess a million people are waiting for a SG mod.;)

yay.gif

The OFP SG mod never had any legal issues, the only issue raised was mgm contacting a news site which was getting revenue from ads while attracting in SG fans.

None of the Mods creators were evey contacted, we just ran out of time due to RL issues.

Ah I see. I was told and always thought it was due to threat under suit that made them quit. No harm no foul then.

Just one question! Will you be using diff maps as planets and if so will you be able to use a gate to travel to a diff map while ingame?

If so this would be one hell of a addition.

Btw keep up the good work.

Were planning on useing large islands for different planets in multiplayer but have the abillity to use diffrent maps in single.

Incidentally, why do you write "StarGate" in CamelCase, when

both the film and TV series are written "Stargate"?

Because Humanity owes a great deal to Camels.

I mean, it just wouldn't be the same if the three wise men rode sheep, would it? whistle.gif

To be different... why do you ask?

I was just curious - I wasn't trying to impugn it. I've only

seen the "Stargate" movie with Kurt Russell in it, and I

remember that they made a big deal in that of translating

the word from the ancient Egyptian. Of course, it's entirely

up to you what you want to call your project.

And I don't mean anything by it, but 'Challenged Empires' sounds a little bit like some kind of euphemism to North Americans... well, to me, at least.

lol, you 2 think about things far to much.

The name actually describes the gameplay which you'll understand once i release a beta.