Sign in to follow this  
Samu_ofp

Driver,cargo,... proxies for vehicles

Hello,

when I modelled an addon for OFP, a car for example, I downloaded the default proxies of driver (of the jeep, for example) and cargo, and then loaded they in O2, for positioning they in the correct position. But now in ARMA, where can I download the default drivers,... proxies? Or if this is ilegal, how can I make my own proxies? I have the BISkeleton.p3d, so rotating the legs, arms, hands... in the correct place for siting in a car, and saving they with another name, and loading they in the car model after, I can have my own proxies?

Thanks in advance.

Guest RKSL-Rock

If you download the BIS sample models you can use them to create the proxies you want. There are several tutorials on the forums now but I’m buggered if I can find them...

- Right if you open the \BIModels\BISoldier.p3d model

- Make sure you have the Animations window active (Menu > Window > Animations - tick it)

- Right Click in the Animations window

- From the menu select "From Matrices"

- Navigate to the RTM file you want and Open it.

In the Animations windows you will see several "key frames"

- click on the last one. This is the final proxy position.

- Right click on the two previous key frames in turn and delete them.

- Now save the file to a directory of your choice. (Make sure you don’t over write the original BISoldier model.

Now you can use the models to create/preview you proxy suing the correct RTM animation.

Hope it helps you out.

What RockofSL said.

I like to add, that after applying the rtm to the BIS soldier, I erase all LODs except for the first view LOD, all named selections (not the actual vertices related to the selections, only the selection entries) and all named properties. This way you get the proxy model down to about 2MB from the 9MB it had before. If you build a library of many different proxies it adds up. You don't need all this stuff, the proxy never shows up in the Game anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

Ok, thanks I will try it this afternoon. I searched in the forum for "proxies", but don't found any interesting post.

Ok, now I have the .rtm files, and the BISoldier animated with them. I have saved it to my vehicle addon folder. I opened the vehicle model, and added the proxy by "create proxy", like in OFP (only in the Res LOD). Then I tried it ingame, but the proxy is always displayed, including with the vehicle empty. I have to configurate it in config.cpp? I have search it in the forum and in BI Wiki, but no results found.

Thanks in advance.