Sign in to follow this  
allthumbs

game engine concerns

I ended up ordering the game off ebay. I tried ArmA and it ran pretty crappy on my pc. Even though I could get decent framerates, it seemed like there was always some other stability issue, and it got to be too much of a hassle. I really want to try OFP, but am concerned maybe my pc just hates the game engine.Do you think I'll be okay? I realize it's an older game, and am hoping for the best! Thanks!

P4 3.0 w/ ht

2 gig ram

ge force 128mb 6800 card help.gif

OFP should run fine on your computer.

I have 1.4 GHz, 768 MB RAM and nvidia 6600 GT and in general OFP runs fine. There are some "choking points" for my computer though, but most of the time no problems when playing original missions.

Remember the nature of the beast: people can create missions and addons which choke even the fastest computer so you will have to put things into perspective when you look at the performance you get. What I'm saying is you will definitely be able to make your computer crawl by using OFP but it's going to need you to do something. Like using too high viewdistance value, or playing unofficial missions which require more powerful computers to be enjoyable.

OFP is a great laptop game. I have a celeron 1.4, built in video, and 1gb ram, and OFP runs silky smooth.

I have an intel quad core 2.4ghz (CPU benchmark 8000+), 2GB 800mhz RAM and an Nvidia 8400 256mb.

OFP runs beautiful even with massive AI missions, at 1280x1024 with view distance at 1450m.

ArmA will NEVER be as good as OFP.

OFP is a great laptop game. I have a celeron 1.4, built in video, and 1gb ram, and OFP runs silky smooth.

i second that