Sign in to follow this  
Yuka

Server-side view distance problem

I've been trying to isolate this problem for a while.

I run two servers... both are private... one is the primary and the other is the test server.

For almost 3 weeks now we have had a problem with the view distance getting set down to 1200 meters, regardless of what the players set their view distance to via the menu I built into the missions. The server is set to 10000 meters view distance.

We run a modified version of Evo on the primary server. At first I tested the current version of Evo on the test server but it did not exhibit the same problem that our primary server does. So I wrote it off as not being the mission.

I then tested the addons that are run.. I made an EXACT copy of what we were using on the primary server and put it onto the test server... still no problem.

I have no clue why this happens at this point.

The primary server is fine if we run other missions. I'm going to start rolling back the versions on the modified evo and see what happens, perhaps it was some code that we overlooked, but as far as I remember we haven't implemented anything that would affect view distance in 6 months.

If anyone else has seen this problem, please let me know. It would help me out greatly!

I've been trying to isolate this problem for a while.

I run two servers... both are private... one is the primary and the other is the test server.

For almost 3 weeks now we have had a problem with the view distance getting set down to 1200 meters, regardless of what the players set their view distance to via the menu I built into the missions.  The server is set to 10000 meters view distance.

We run a modified version of Evo on the primary server.  At first I tested the current version of Evo on the test server but it did not exhibit the same problem that our primary server does.  So I wrote it off as not being the mission.

I then tested the addons that are run.. I made an EXACT copy of what we were using on the primary server and put it onto the test server... still no problem.

I have no clue why this happens at this point.

The primary server is fine if we run other missions.  I'm going to start rolling back the versions on the modified evo and see what happens, perhaps it was some code that we overlooked, but as far as I remember we haven't implemented anything that would affect view distance in 6 months.

If anyone else has seen this problem, please let me know.  It would help me out greatly!

I dont know but evolution is writted very bad by someone, which is not good scripter and dont understand many how to writte effective program.

Therefore is:

a) unable to play this game on view distance higher than cca 1500m. I have very very strong computer. In other missions i have 5000+ and somethimes more view distance and all absolulty withouth laags. I run that on separate dedicated server on 1000Gbit lan withouth other players, but still , more then 1500m and you have laags

b) when is new player connecting, laags and big desync appers inmediatly.

I am now writting something like evolution but PvP with MYSQL ranking system. smile_o.gif which dont have those problems like evo.