Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Clarification on the MLOD release issue.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Since there isn't anywhere else to post this... "Thank You Maruk, Suma and all at BIS."

Sorry for stupid question but:

Quote[/b] ]If you create and distribute a work based on the ArmA Sample Models you must license the entire work, as a whole, under this License to anyone who will be using it. This License gives no permission to license the work in any other way, but it does not invalidate such permission if you have separately received it.

This means whole content of addons/mods using those sample models goes into "open source"? Not limiting just to the part from sample models?

May I ask what was the need for such change, as there wasn't such clause in first batch of sample models?

Anyway the idea is good to release all models into public... There are just some questions that need to be answered.

I hope I don't get into trouble for spamming the thread but I want to say "Thank you BIS".

The good news is that all of these addons/mods will be ready for Arma2 and will hopefully be used by millions.

--Ben

Let the MODFEST begin...

Im not affiliated with BIS, just a customer.

No honestly I dont think it will really pay, except IF all buy OFP or ArmA directly from BIS or close resellers, because of the "awesome" Stuff, i think because i for example bought my second copy of either ArmA and OFP for less than 10€ each, from second hand or some scraptable at a mall...

Of course i assume... theres nothing i can do except that since im not affiliated. But if the mlod gets released without proper EULA, maybe someone "might" sell them without any legal constraints.

Hey, I LIKE MODS i LIKE ALL GOOD stuff, no hurt feelings please if i might have expressed myself clumsily, LAWs (not the weapon wink_o.gif ) do keep companies alive, thats all i wanted to express with my OPINION, biased as it might be.

biggrin_o.gif

HAPPY MODDING!

Woo! long live Bis, You guys are amazing and it's sad to know there wont be an Arma3 .. I'll buy all of your consumer products!

: D)D

Is BIS thinking of releaseing some MLOD's from QG?. I am interested in the characters. I own QG so dont think I am trying to get a freebie here, I just wish to keep adding to my inventory of custom units i have.