Sign in to follow this  
SaBrE_UK

ArmA 2 Press Coverage

odd, it says DirectX10.. didnt BIS state that they didnt like DX10 and was going to stick with DX9?

<span id='ME'><center>colossus chokes on his coffee</center></span>

1000 sq.km?! There must be a typo here crazy_o.gif

Hi @ All

I think its not updatet jet....

I thought that for example DirectX10 will not be used in ArmAII.

And what do they mean with new Grafikengine.... its an updatet version of virtual Reality.....

I also read the point with the destructible environment textures.

I hope there are some craters like in some old OfP-Mod and not just some brown textures like in ArmA 1......

1000 qkm...... perhaps there are some other Islands like in OfP.... because Chernarus is ca. 280 qkm big....

I hope also that the weapons are very authentic and detailled like it is written in the text... Robert Hammers has shown us whats possible with the engine ;-)

I am very optimistic and in 2 weeks we will see some new things at the GamesConv.

Sry for bad Engl.

Regards -rF- $moke

From a Swiss page:...

Google Translated:

Quote[/b] ]...

* Takes advantage of 64 CPUs....

Wow  wow_o.gif

rofl.gif

Probably a translation error that was suppose to mean "64-bit".

Anyway, that info is from a game shop, so they probably just got it from a publisher or from the BIS site and altered it a bit.

these two features contradict each other:

Quote[/b] ]* 1000 sq km large area (fully playable).
Quote[/b] ]* Befehligung huge Squads of an area of 200 kilometers.

I wouldn't put much faith in any info from some game shop.

Games convention soon, that's where we get some real info.

Hehe yes.... rofl.gif

I bet with 1000sqkm they mean including sea-area.

However i think that even 1000sqkm is not "enough" or not very big. For instance if the world would be perfectly square, then it would be only 32KM for the length of each side (including sea-areas).

And yes it was a translation error... it was meant 64bit

Quote[/b] ]* Takes advantage of 64 CPUs.

As an XP x64 user this would make me quite happy - but I would need confirmation from BI to believe it.

what do they mean 144 groups per page, i think that must be a translation error, i suppose it probably means there will be on average 144 groups with 100 men in each on a mission, if so; OMG OMG OMG.

also they say resource management, is that a technical poins (saying it will load more smoothly) or does it mean something in gameplay?

if it is the first thing then i think this will be a good game (my pc runs ARMA reasonably well but if i go near buildings or trees at speed it often gets choopy or crashes.

nice info, i got a amd 64 3 Gigz processor tounge2.gif

@ dentist guba i think its not technically meant, i think its about resources like weapons and soldiers and maybe... cash?

resources in games usually means credits or crystals in star craft or Command & conquer games..

I think that what they mean by resource management is that since this is more of a persistent battlefield with rpg elements, you don't get automatically resupplied between the action, and so you have to make your ammo last longer. Probably using your at4 to shoot infantry and to change the channels on the tv will make you run out.

what do they mean 144 groups per page, i think that must be a translation error, i suppose it probably means there will be on average 144 groups with 100 men in each on a mission, if so; OMG OMG OMG.

They mean the amount of units you can theoretically place in the editor. 144 groups per side with about 100 units per group (Dunno what that is based on, ArmA could have more then 100 units per group IIRC)

Quote[/b] ]* Naturgetreue battle simulation (ballistics, ricochets & Material penetration).

This made me curious, If they have gotten rid of the simplistic point system on damage then that would be the best feature with the new game IMHO smile_o.gif

If a Fire Control System for various vehicles and aircraft was added

...I would buy 3 copies of the game.

Quote[/b] ]* Naturgetreue battle simulation (ballistics, ricochets & Material penetration).

This made me curious, If they have gotten rid of the simplistic point system on damage then that would be of the best features with the game IMHO smile_o.gif

Yes this was already confirmed some time ago (Invex 07 or something like that).

Is one of those most obvious flaws Arma1 had. And together with the improved graphics it looks pretty nice and i'm rather looking positive towards Arma2.

Lets wait the following 2 weeks for the new screens (and hopefully a video).

Quote[/b] ]Release date: 16.10.2008

This date again?

If it isn't official, I wonder who gives those sites authorization to use such a date?

This made me curious, If they have gotten rid of the simplistic point system on damage then that would be the best feature with the new game IMHO smile_o.gif

These features are already in ArmA1, as for the "realistic" part....

I would consider that too as I did with ArmA for friends. Imagine playing TC in a fully crewed MBT a'la Steelbeasts inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

These features are already in ArmA1, as for the "realistic" part....

I would consider that too as I did with ArmA for friends. Imagine playing TC in a fully crewed MBT a'la Steelbeasts  inlove.gif  inlove.gif  inlove.gif

a dev said they wouldnt model FCS though. sucks.

Quote[/b] ]Release date: 16.10.2008

This date again?

If it isn't official, I wonder who gives those sites authorization to use such a date?

Well just because its not official does not mean that date did not originate with the devs. Its very common for devs/publishers to give retailers "expected release dates" that are not techniclly official. They serve to give the retailers an idea when the game might be ready, but since they are not official the devs are not under as much pressure to hit the date. If they can't make the date, it simply gets pushed back and the devs can claim that was never the official release date and the retailer was taking liberties.

There have been many times in the last few years where retailers had release dates listed for games long before there were any "official" dates... normally thoes early postings are met with denial by the devs, only to end up being the actual release date in the end. Its actually smart of the devs/publishers to do things this way... we all know how gamers act when official release dates are missed.

lol i will buy 3 copys anyway cos there 3 of us on network in my house. smile_o.gif

btw what the is a fire control system??? For us non sim games veterans its unknown language huh.gif

btw what the is a fire control system???  For us non sim games veterans  its unknown language huh.gif

a fire control system is basically what you use to identify targets and range them e.t.c. for example a modern tank crew would use infra red (heat vision) to lock an enemy tank and the gunner would then be helped by the computer to hit it (including range adjustment).

In ARMA / OFP we basically just press one button and the game finds any targets nearby even if you aren't looking at them and range adjustments have to be done manually.

If its not common knowlege already, it is confirmed that ArmA 2 will be displayed at Games convention next week.

If its not common knowlege already, it is confirmed that ArmA 2 will be displayed at Games convention next week.

And that means... more videos soon! Right? Please?

Everyone know it wink_o.gif. We heard about it a long time ago smile_o.gif. We will get a live streaming from the ArmA II presentation.

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]And that means... more videos soon! Right? Please?

It does mean more than only the videos. It means info, presentation and videos smile_o.gif.