Sign in to follow this  
SaBrE_UK

ArmA 2 Press Coverage

Quote[/b] ]AI positioning looks good (using cover and corners against the tank),

I hope that is a feature of the AI's willingness to survive and not just a screenshot of Some of the BIS team playing LAN

Very nice, they seem to have fixed a few graphical irritations. First, notice in the twilight screenshot it actually looks dark - Arma's HDR would overbrighten those situations and make everything look flat. Second, there's some nice ambient shading on the tank's turret which Arma lacked in cloudy/shadow conditions.

Compliments to BI, the new terrain looks beautiful and quite realistic (hope the LOD morphing won't be obvious though). The cloudy sky in the tank pic looks great,hopefully there will be more weather/sky variation than in Arma 1.

The environment and decoration look stunningly realistic, much better than North Sahrani.

Our next baby is shapping up nicely thumbs-up.gif .

By the way can anyone tell me what tanks are featured in that screenshot?

Looks like the first tank close is a M1A1 and the other looks like a BMP.

Looks lovely.

As far as the game graphicaly goes there is nothing more i would want them to add. ArmA already look pretty in my opinion and they seemd to had fixed the annoying foilage issue which although looked nice it messed up gameplay in a number of ways. Lower grass is the way to go thumbs-up.gif

Now enough about graphics already let BIS focus on other stuff.

Nice, thanks for that smile_o.gif Would be good to have larger versions.

I don't know about you, but my graphics card would melt at the sight of having to do that!

I'm loving the graphics, simply because they aren't overusing all those effects unlike other games. Looks WAY more realistic.

Grass, trees and sky are photorealistic. They are not always good together, but not so far of perfection.

I must say the tree in the middle of the pic (with the T-90 & BMP) seems flat, and sometimes the sky looks a bit too bright;

but hey look sometimes it's quite a "RL screenshot" (Geek©) !

there is some blur on far distance that add the good ol' OFP feeling, with moisture, rain and mud.

Keep up the good work, it's not so different from ArmA but oh-so-nicely worked !  smile_o.gif

BI Team president yay.gif

Are there any scans of the gamestar article? Is it even out yet?

There's gonna be a new preview in Czech mag "SCORE" It should be out in two days smile_o.gif

yay.gif I love the grass and reeds... nice places to hide in to ambush the enemies! Again trees look awesome as always naturelover.gif

There's gonna be a new preview in Czech mag "SCORE" It should be out in two days  smile_o.gif

Sounds nice, but where did you read this and where will it first be translated?