Sign in to follow this  
TheJay

1.09 scripting

I've started to use some of the new scripting features in the 1.09 beta patch (ie addPublicVariableEventHandler). I want to do some testing with a dedicated server and two computers. With 1.08, I could and still can get both my laptop and desktop to connect with the same cdkey using the "kickduplicate=0" config setting. This doesn't seem to work when using a 1.09 dedicated server since every time I try to connect them, the second gets booted because of duplicate keys. I haven't found any mention of this anywhere. Is this a bug or is this intended?

I've started to use some of the new scripting features in the 1.09 beta patch (ie addPublicVariableEventHandler). I want to do some testing with a dedicated server and two computers. With 1.08, I could and still can get both my laptop and desktop to connect with the same cdkey using the "kickduplicate=0" config setting. This doesn't seem to work when using a 1.09 dedicated server since every time I try to connect them, the second gets booted because of duplicate keys. I haven't found any mention of this anywhere. Is this a bug or is this intended?

1) correct, i have the same problem, i am unable to test my MP mission because duplicate eventhandler in 1.09 doesn't work.

2) next problem is, that addPublicVariableEventHandler does not work on decicated server 1.09, that works only on clients.

2) next problem is, that addPublicVariableEventHandler does not work on decicated server 1.09, that works only on clients.

I just discovered that myself. That defiantly limits it's usefulness. I really don't want to go back to the way I was doing stuff before this was available. It was messy and not a good time. Hopefully this isn't how it's supposed to work and gets fixed.

Quote[/b] ]2) next problem is, that addPublicVariableEventHandler does not work on decicated server 1.09, that works only on clients
That's not true to my experience.

addPublicVariableEventHandler works as advertised, on (ded) server, clients and jip clients.

The thing you will have to remember is that the eventHandler doesn't fire on the machine where you execute the publicVariable.

So if you add a PV eventhandler on the server on variable "TEST",  then on the server you would execute:  TEST = "weee";  publicVariable "TEST";

then the eventhandler would not fire.

Hence if I need to execute something also on the computer where I make the PV change, I call the same function/code that the EventHandler would call, just after I publicVariable the variable.

Quote[/b] ]1) correct, i have the same problem, i am unable to test my MP mission because duplicate eventhandler in 1.09 doesn't work.
... Duplicate eventhandler... What?

Never mind, addPublicVariableEventHandler wasn't working for me because of my own stupidity. Errors snuck their way into the script it was calling.

Quote[/b] ]1) correct, i have the same problem, i am unable to test my MP mission because duplicate eventhandler in 1.09 doesn't work.
... Duplicate eventhandler... What?

I think he was referring to the "kickduplicate" setting in the dedicated server config. It has stopped working correctly on 1.09 dedicated servers. At least the ones I launch.