Sign in to follow this  
Stavanger

Saltbeach Island

The mapper rimmer published his newest map called Saltbeach Island on Armaholic.com.

The palm-fringed map with his salty beaches and small towns is an allover felicitous map.

Description:

Saltbeach island for all ArmA versions, requires no addons.

I've designed this island for mission creators so there are

not many buildings but plenty of space for them.

Also includes new high resolution ground textures with high detail normal

mapping, so for those with expensive graphics cards you will see some

nice eye candy with textures set to high.

Changelog:

v2.0:

- fixed rvmat files

Screenshots:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Screenshot 4

Screenshot 5

Screenshot 6

ArmAholic.com Foren

Mirrors:

ArmAholic.com

ePrison.de

Armed-Assault.de

ofp-arma.cznhl.com

ArmedAssault.info

Mirrors are welcome, I will add them!

best Regards,

Stavanger

Beautiful looking island...looks more like a vacation spot rather then a warzone. Maybe a whaling/fishing town?

Well maybe a few divisions of American armor and air power will pound that island into the ground. I know they got terrorists hiding there somewhere!!!

At any rate, pretty island!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This is a great island! Not too much detail to lag, but still a good bit of scenery and space!

It really has that 'wasteland/outpost' type feel which is cool.

One minior gripe though - AI chopper pilots seem to crash into the trees when they fly over forests. Is this an island thing or AI thing?

Great stuff - Stav, please thank Rimmer for the work! smile_o.gif

This is a great island! Not too much detail to lag, but still a good bit of scenery and space!

It really has that 'wasteland/outpost' type feel which is cool.

One minior gripe though - AI chopper pilots seem to crash into the trees when they fly over forests. Is this an island thing or AI thing?

Great stuff - Stav, please thank Rimmer for the work! smile_o.gif

Great Island, doesn't lag and has had some good idea's put into it. wink_o.gif

Thats an Ai thing Stewy, they do it on Sahrani haha.

Does anyone of you get that ugly blue-texture on the beaches of lake and river? It looks terrible from, for example, chopper. Otherwise great map, but it needs more settlements.

AI. I've seen it happen a lot in North Sahrani too tounge2.gif

Guess their terrain/object avoidance needs to be improved a bit.

The island looks very good. Nice to see new island addons coming out smile_o.gif

@IceBreakr

I've the same problem. Is there anyone who can solve that?

From screenshots I've seen the Island seems to work flawless: is it related to videocard settings? I've 8800GTX.

I looks like a crappy lowres sat image on my 8800GT. Hopefully that image texture will be removed in next version.

If your texture setting is high or better, it looks MUCH better. The texture needs polish on the coasts and rivers, but it looks great, in my opinion. Needs much more ground cover, rocks, bushes, maybe some more buildings. I think this is a great piece of work.

The blue textures on beaches and river shores look strange indeed. And I also think, that texture transitions are mostly too hard. You use southern sahrani groundtexture with its grass, in the distance it changes to bluish meadows / plains which does not fit very well. Maybe there's a way to change the closeup groundtexture and grass so that it matches better with the overall look. Otherwise very nice island, indeed. Has great potential. Looking forward to missions / campaigns on it. Will be there any further versions with changes?

great island,i bet those bluish textures are missmatched sat water images spilling over,ie should be underwater.making an island in this detail is no mean feat,nice job.

is there any treasue near the tree? thats what i want to know

I am making a small mission on this one, I have to say it's really enjoyable smile_o.gif

Maybe some more military custom buildings would add some spice!

Good job anyway wink_o.gif