Sign in to follow this  
liljb15

Zombie addons?

What are some of the zombie mods out, I know about CZM but those zombies are really laggy and after a while they just stop working altogeter. I also know about yommies but they are limited in numbers and when they kill you, you stay dead you dont turn. Then there's the KAOS zombies which come with the 'quarantine' mission who seem to be the most stable but also the most featureless. So I'm wondering if anyone's expanding on these zombies or if there are any WIP zombies in the works.

There needs to be a serious zombie mod made for the ultimate zombie package with all features of previous zombie addons and decent path finding and spawning features.

But sadly at this current moment in time you will just have to use what where stuck with as no one is currently dedicated to making new zombies. Or script your own.

I really wish I could script my own, but I'm no more than a 5 minute mission maker. I wish someone could get permission to port the

"Farmland Mod Horror Pack 3" from OFP into Arma because that was by far the best zombie mod for OFP.

Realistic zombies would be nice, but is there a way to make them all not follow the the same path? If not then I'd just wait for Arma II because the zombies look kind of bad if they're all just walking in the middle of the street.

Can anyone get ahold of those guys who made the unified zombie mod for ofp so we can port there scripts over to arma?

Right now the only zombie thing we can hope for is new skins, audio and static anims like ICP which would help incredibly.

Scripts aren't so hard, getting a bunch of people to move to other people and maybe moan a little on the way is fairly doable, and I can't see how that could possibly cause so much lag.

The problem is immershiun (buzzword!wink_o.gif. That is to say: zombies that move like zombies (=bunch of new animations. Anyone got a studio?). Zombies that are capable of attacking like zombies (=new weapons/weapon types = CQB), both when controlled by AI and by Players. And of course, zombies that are hard to kill, but don't make the normal AI go "Oh, look! A tank on two legs. I better shoot at it with my AT-4...".

Has anyone managed to implement new soldier anims into ArmA yet? I haven't seen any at least. Once that's doable, everything else is cake. biggrin_o.gif (and no, the cake isn't a lie this time).

The future shall tell.

Regards,

Wolfrug

Scripts aren't so hard, getting a bunch of people to move to other people and maybe moan a little on the way is fairly doable, and I can't see how that could possibly cause so much lag.

Download CZM off Armaholic and put about 40 zombies on the map and they will turn your game into a slideshow. The reason why was because they had so many features. Infection counter, ressurection, sounds. The thing was one Zed had to many scripts going on at once and once you had 40 of those things each running alot of scripts all at the same time it'll slow down anyones computer.

After all mods like this are imposible at all if FPS getting below 20 in Arma all ais and scripts will stop to work...

That's so in MP that's so in SP.

Look here

Comes with zombie addon. They run fast, moan, hard to beat and don't lag as much. wink_o.gif I can do 1,000 zombies with no lag - as long as I can't see them.

Though its kinda strange seeing zombies with really big jaws and laughing like a demon(as they are demons in that mission) I like how you kept the old horror pack 3 sounds from day of the dead in there as well. It just doesnt feel right fighting zombies whos jaws should have ripped off about 3 feet ago lol

The demon noises are part of the mission - not addon. As for the big jaws... well... looks like they're trying to eat you. biggrin_o.gif

I usually use a combination between CZM0.61c and NEM_ZOMBIES_LOW (Optimised version of the first CZM version alpha, IIRC KAOS zombies are based on those).

I use the LOW version for the numbers mixed with some 0.61c's to make it more interesting. smile_o.gif