Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

Where do you usually set up your large battles?

I have something to admit. I am not at all beyond sometimes using the ArmA editor as a kind of a skirmish-mode, so to speak. I'm sure I'm not alone about that. wink_o.gif I pick a location on the map; add a few infantry and armoured squads and perhaps the odd chopper. Then I have them advance on each other, with me controlling one of the grunts as explosions and tracer fire erupt everywhere around me. Good fun. smile_o.gif

At least in theory. See, I can't recall having had this problem in Operation Flashpoint ages ago; but in the official maps in ArmA and Queen's Gambit, I've always had a hard time finding a suitable spot for a large, combined arms-type pitched battle.

Take Sahrani or United Sahrani, for example: In part due to the hilly terrain that poses a natural obstacle to everyone involved, in part the way the trees are incredibly scarce in places, yet almost too thick to be doing anything inside in other places, there is simply no good place I can think of that has good cover for infantry, good space for vehicles, not being either so full of hills it gives one of the sides a huge advantage or completely obscures both armies' vision all together; and so on.

So my question is: If you're the kind of person who sometimes likes simply diving into a huge battle; what location(s) do you prefer? What map? Do you, like me, prefer flat, moderately hilly, semi-forested areas or perhaps you prefer mountainaous terrain with lots of forests? Try to define the location properly. Like, for example: "That forested farm area just south of Eponia on Sahrani".

Anyone who has any favourites could post them, here, if you please?

Mainly infantry battles, with limited armoured support, air support is a bit excessive as it creates a one sided advantage if the other teams air support is lost.

I usually control the entire field, through the command menu, usually up to 120 guys on both sides then 30 for support roles.

The objective is usually a particular town and or just utter annihilation

1. The entire [Mercallilo, Obregan, Bagango and Corazol] valley;

2. The valley in and around [bajo Valor, Valor, Modesta, Gaula];

3. All the desert areas west of Dolores;

4. Rahmadi

pistols.gif

I've been messing around a lot in the valley east of Carmen. The trees are layed out well for defensive lines, and the rock in the middle looks nice and provides a little cover.

Hi all

All over the island. I released some CEX missions of up to 4 Battalions (about 2000 plus entities)

Here are two that cover the south of the island coast to coast

CEX Battle Group

CEX Battalion Strength

Snakeman has done a CEX campaign bottom post in this thread on his website.

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/forum....101fc01

Kind Regards walker

Sakakah. Great map, big infantry and armoured battles. I like to play 3hours CTI just to see some nice battles coming on.

Thanks for the tip! Gonna be downloading Sakakah right now. wink_o.gif