Sign in to follow this  
vektorboson

Flashpoint Germany

I thought the Germans (DDR/NVA) had an under barrel launcher similar to the Polish PALLAD system.

-Chapman

I thought the Germans (DDR/NVA) had an under barrel launcher similar to the Polish PALLAD system.

-Chapman

Yeah I pretty sure I was wrong.

But that is hard info to find regarding the grenade launchers.

I know - I've gone through my old Jane's encyclopedias - with no additional info to give - I did however see that they used a large amount of rifle-launched grenades (similar to the Mortar soldier in OFP).

-Chapman

I know - I've gone through my old Jane's encyclopedias - with no additional info to give - I did however see that they used a large amount of rifle-launched grenades (similar to the Mortar soldier in OFP).

-Chapman

Thanks for that tipp; that actually got me on the right track!

The East Germans used the RGD-5 as a rifle-grenade!

This shop contains a manual for the RGD-5 rifle-grenade device:

http://nva.4mg.com/shopbdin.htm

The wikipedia-article contains a link to pictures of the rifle-grenade:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGD-5

Thanks Chapman!

I still recall them using a 30mm under barrel launcher - I will still look around for some info.

- Chapman

I'd rather make Engineering/recovery vehicles, as those would have been definitely used.

So, rather something like this?

gcs0811ednt3.th.jpg

(Heheh, this is an oldie, extra points awarded to who finds it out... ) biggrin_o.gif

Btw, just now noticed, no West German Army stuff?  wow_o.gif

This looks really interesting. Good luck with it all!

BUZZARD @ Feb. 07 2008,12:41)]
I'd rather make Engineering/recovery vehicles, as those would have been definitely used.

So, rather something like this?

No; more probable is a M88A1 recovery vehicle. If there already exists a released M88A1, I'll include it. Otherwise it'll be on the 'for-later-list'.

Quote[/b] ]

Btw, just now noticed, no West German Army stuff? wow_o.gif

This was already written in the first post; the West German stuff comes later. I want to finish the East German, Soviet and US first.

If you are doing ARV's etc... then you should also consider the Russian BREM , BTS etc... and also ARV's for other nations.

got the old M35 seriees 2 1/2 ton trucks floating around and the 800 sereis five tons trucks. For the Gulfwar era mod on the HD.. Got the M551A1 used by the 82nd Ab till the mid 90s. And the GAMA Goat truck, and M880 series tactical trucks.. Arnie as a complete M88 I can email him to see where its at it was stuck due to texturing problems. The M113 based recvery vehicle really wasnt in heavy use, the M88, and M578, and the M60 tank based revocery vehicle where used far far more. The M113 often broke, or flipped over being over taxed. The Unimog engineer vehicle is still in use today... Mostly by the 82nd.

An M551A1 for OPGWC? wow_o.gif Kuhl! Didn't know there was one... Would it be possible to get it, please? inlove.gif Wouldn't even mind it having desert textures, could be always in preparation for any "Sword Point" scenario that would have been diverted more to a "Red Storm Rising" scenario...

got the old M35 seriees 2 1/2 ton trucks floating around and the 800 sereis five tons trucks. For the Gulfwar era mod on the HD.. Got the M551A1 used by the 82nd Ab till the mid 90s. And the GAMA Goat truck, and M880 series tactical trucks.. Arnie as a complete M88 I can email him to see where its at it was stuck due to texturing problems. The M113 based recvery vehicle really wasnt in heavy use, the M88, and M578, and the M60 tank based revocery vehicle where used far far more. The M113 often broke, or flipped over being over taxed. The Unimog engineer vehicle is still in use today... Mostly by the 82nd.

It's better if you release those (unfinished) models instead of just telling about them. Release them as Open Source; document who has to be credited.

There's no benefit for anybody by telling what huge stack of unreleased addons you have on your HD. wink_o.gif

Yeah I plan on completing them once hech done with my combat deployment. Real Life comes first. Some of them are being worked on durring my rare and often shot spats of downtime.. Some of them were offered to other mods that needed them for their time line and either sat on or never heard from again. So I can finish them myself or wait till what Arma II comes out and maybe see the other release things. Killing Terrorists, pretty much still has a priority in my book over addons for an nearly 8 year old game. =P

Yeah I plan on completing them once hech done with my combat deployment.  Real Life comes first.  Some of them are being worked on durring my rare and often shot spats of downtime..  Some of them were offered to other mods  that needed them for their time line and either sat on or never heard from again.  So I can finish them myself or wait till what Arma II comes out and maybe see the  other release things.   Killing Terrorists, pretty much still has a priority in my book over addons for an nearly 8 year old game.  =P

Sorry, but I don't understand what you exactly want?

You can provide me with a download link, and I'll take a look on those models; don't forget to mention whom I have to give credit. If they're fine, I'll finish them and include them into my mod. If not, then I'm going on with what I am already doing: Doing them myself, if I don't get permission, or they simply don't exist for OFP.

I'm definitely not going to postpone work on models because someone tells me having models I need for my mod, and in the end I'm waiting for a indefinite time for them.

EDIT:

I hope this didn't sound to harsh; I'm in a bad mood right now, having to finish a university project!  pistols.gif

As a sidenote: M113A2, M113A2 ambulance and M163A2 Vulcan are finished. IPM1 needs better LODs yet...

vektorboson, perhaps you could see about getting the M-48 tank from the S. Korean mod... good for US reserve forces of the period and I believe W. Germany used them as well.

vektorboson, perhaps you could see about getting the M-48 tank from the S. Korean mod... good for US reserve forces of the period and I believe W. Germany used them as well.

I already asked Zerg for the M48 (and the M35 truck as well), but I didn't get any response yet. The M48 (=> M48A3G, with a 105mm gun) was indeed used by the West Germans, and I consider to make it for the West Germans (but not for the US).

I'm updating the list of units in the first post, so you can look in there, what's planned and considered.

Of course I'm happy for any information relating the 1980s, no matter how unimportant it is.

@cjuraman

That link is known, but don't let that discourage you from posting further links. I'm thankful for anyone who does research for me!  smile_o.gif

Vektor - I think the ROK mod has an M48A5 - might need to be retextured to West German markings - but its pretty solid - they also have two versions of the M48A3 - depending on how far your going back in youur mod (I think FRG used the A3 with the 90mm gun...............hmmmm)

Chapman

Yeah I plan on completing them once hech done with my combat deployment. Real Life comes first. Some of them are being worked on durring my rare and often shot spats of downtime.. Some of them were offered to other mods that needed them for their time line and either sat on or never heard from again. So I can finish them myself or wait till what Arma II comes out and maybe see the other release things. Killing Terrorists, pretty much still has a priority in my book over addons for an nearly 8 year old game. =P

Sorry, but I don't understand what you exactly want?

You can provide me with a download link, and I'll take a look on those models; don't forget to mention whom I have to give credit. If they're fine, I'll finish them and include them into my mod. If not, then I'm going on with what I am already doing: Doing them myself, if I don't get permission, or they simply don't exist for OFP.

I'm definitely not going to postpone work on models because someone tells me having models I need for my mod, and in the end I'm waiting for a indefinite time for them.

EDIT:

I hope this didn't sound to harsh; I'm in a bad mood right now, having to finish a university project! pistols.gif

As a sidenote: M113A2, M113A2 ambulance and M163A2 Vulcan are finished. IPM1 needs better LODs yet...

yeah, it did sound harsh, seeing I've just been informed I will be possably exstended. In contry a few more months I'm willing to burp up the models for completetion. pm me with an email, to send stuff my vsat hates connecting to the crapidshare site. most of it is ingame, just lacking skins or needed mcar scripts added for the At systems, but everything will need erdel cammo skins added.

I think I have most of the addons here on my external drive not sure about the M48TTT5, but I'll look in it tonight now I got a little down time,

This mod looks really good folks, Im looking forward to playing it biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]my vsat hates connecting to the crapidshare site.

Try using something like Filefront instead? Or is it a problem with all upload pages?

Any news on this Vektor?

Hopefully I can continue to work on this mod in a week again.

But beside this, there are no show-worthy news.

eagleusa i bet its gonna be released when its ready..

eagleusa i bet its gonna be released when its ready..

Exactly smile_o.gif