Sign in to follow this  
vektorboson

Flashpoint Germany

Some people have already seen the screenshots in the FFUR-thread; I'm working on an addon pack containing GDR, Soviet and US units, from the early to mid 1980s.

Hopefully I'll find time (and permission from BWMOD) to create West German units.

Here are a few chosen O2 shots (all WIP):

ddr_soldier.jpg

This is a NVA- (Nationale Volksarmee) soldier of the GDR (German Democratic Republic), wearing the unique GDR helmet. Thanks to WillyEC for the Base model (DMA Resistance Pack)

ddr_mpikms.jpg

The East Germans use a custom AKM and AK74; here you see the East German AKMS, named MPi-KMS. Thanks to RHS for the Base model.

ddr_btr60pb.jpg

This is the East German SPW-60PB (soviet: BTR-60PB); you will also see a BTR-60PA. I changed the colors, since I didn't like the green on the original.

Thanks to Norsu from FDF-Mod.

us_ipm1_2.jpg

This is the IPM1, an improved version of the first M1. Contrary to the later Abrams models, this one has a 105mm cannon

Also it is painted in MERDC-winter camo. NATO-3 color (as used by Combat! ) was introduced in 1985, but still many vehicles used MERDC.

us_ipm1_1.jpg

The textures aren't aligned correctly with the model yet, but the model is almost finished.

There will be a M1A0 and the IPM1; both, as most of the other US vehicles, will come in three versions: Olive Drab, Summer and Winter MERDC.

I may possibly do a Snow MERDC, but I don't know yet.

us_chaparall_5.jpg

The Chaparral is a modified AIM-9 Sidewinder; here the system is mounted on a modified M548.

---

List of planned vehicles:

Quote[/b] ]

PHASE 1:

US:

- M115A1 Jeep, M35A2 2.5t Truck, M809 5t Truck

- M113A2, M163A2, M577A2, M548 Ammo Carrier, M730A1 Chaparral

- M2A0 Bradley IFV, M3A0 Bradley CFV

- M1 & IPM1 Abrams, M60A1 & A3 Patton, M551A1 Sheridan

- AH-1S, AH-1S(mod),

- UH-1H/Variants, UH-60A/Variants

- F-4F, A-10A, F-16A, F-15C

GDR:

- UAZ, GAZ-66/variants, Ural 375/variants, Ural 4320/variants

- BRDM-2 (KPVT, ATGM, SA-9 Gaskin), BTR-60PA & PB

- SA-8 Gecko, Shilka

- MT-LB, MT-LBu, BMP-1P, BMP-2, BTR-50

- T-55A, PT-76

- Mi-2, Mi-8, Mi-24

- MiG-21, MiG-23, Su-22

- static: SPG-9, AT-3 Sagger, AGS-17

Soviet Union (see GDR), additionally:

- BMD-1P, BMD-2

- T-64B, T-72A

- MiG-27, Su-25

- SA-10

-----

PHASE 2:

US:

- M101A1 (105mm Howitzer)

- M106 (107mm mortar on M113 chassis)

- M109A3 (155mm self propelled howitzer)

- M110A2 (203mm self propelled howitzer)

- M270 MLRS

GDR and SU:

- URAL 375 with BM-21 Grad

- 2S1 Gvozdika (122mm self propelled howitzer)

- 2S3 Akatsiya (152mm self propelled howitzer)

- 2S9 Nona (120mm mortar on BMD chassis)

-----

PHASE 3:

FRG (West Germany):

- MAN trucks, Unimog, Iltis Jeep

- M113A2G variants

- Marder 1A1, Tracked ROLAND, Gepard 1A1

- M109G

- Leopard 1A4, Leopard 2A0

- Bo-105, UH-1D, CH-53G

- F-4 Phantom

-----

Possible extensions:

West:

- M113 with Green Archer

- M88 recovery vehicle

- B-52 Bomber

- F-117A Stealth Bomber

- M60A2

- PATRIOT, HAWK

- Germany only: M48A3G, KanJPz, Jaguar 1, Jaguar 2

East:

- BTS-4, BREM-1 recovery vehicle

- P-40 'Long Track'

- Su-24

- Su-27

- Tu-22M

This list is subject to change; a few permissions are still missing, so I cannot guarantee that all vehicles in that list will be in the first release.

I'll make a list of included infantry weapons later.

This is awesome. I have always wanted to see a chaparral for OFP. Maybe all these could be included in FFUR-85 ?

Dirt effect on Abrams looks good for me. I like it. Is Chaparral will have dirt textures too?

It's glad to see that someone still working on Cold War Era addons. Thank You. smile_o.gif

By The Way: Can you post a list of all addons you are planning to relase, please? wink_o.gif

Nice "Einstrich-Keinstrich" camo, MPi and vehicles! On wich side they are - Resistance with BW to get united germany?

Dirt effect on Abrams looks good for me. I like it. Is Chaparral will have dirt textures too?

It won't be as dirty as the Abrams, since the Chaparral doesn't need to be on the move like a MBT. Basically, you park a Chaparral along with a Vulcan around your field base and they stay there, with little chance getting very dirty.

Quote[/b] ]

By The Way: Can you post a list of all addons you are planning to relase, please? wink_o.gif

See first post

Quote[/b] ]

Nice "Einstrich-Keinstrich" camo, MPi and vehicles! On wich side they are - Resistance with BW to get united germany?

The GDR-units will be east; but I may possibly do some 'traitor-units' that change sides during the war. Most officers of the NVA were SED-party members (thus indoctrinated), so the amount of traitors wouldn't have been too high.

Great news, Vektorboson! welcome.gif

I wonder, would you also include any stuff previously announced by the NVA(Nationale VolksArmee)-Mod, like the Trabbi Kübelwagen etc? Hope you got access to their stuff which IIRC isn't available anywhere, or is it? wow_o.gif Hehe, would also be nice if you could make a "Liebesei"-trailer for a Trabbi, just as a civilian "easter egg"-addon of the mod... biggrin_o.gif

BUZZARD @ Jan. 24 2008,17:32)]Hehe, would also be nice if you could make a "Liebesei"-trailer for a Trabbi, just as a civilian "easter egg"-addon of the mod... biggrin_o.gif

Goddamnit! I shouldn't have searched Google-Image for "Liebesei" whistle.gif

But to answer your question: No, I don't have contact with that Mod (which seems pretty dead). And I won't make any Trabis for now, since I've got a big list already.

@Universal

I'll put it on; but don't expect the Chaparral to be fully detailed (unless someone else wants to improve the Chaparral).

Good to see you back in action vektorboson. xmas_o.gif

Looking good, I always wanted to see more variety in eastern bloc soldiers and equipment, and a BMD-1 and BMD-2 would be awesome

This is true, I had forgotten about IM:UC, and vektorboson I was wondering, are you going to be including any Soviet soldiers, maybe some that are just wearing plain tan uniforms and gear?

... a BMD-1 and BMD-2 would be awesome

IM:UC have a BMD-1 in 2 camo versions

Are they an IM:UC exclusive model or are they based on the BMDs from FDF or Bloody Days Mod?

Anyway, I've got permission from FDF to use their BMDs (also SPG-9 and Malyutka).

Quote[/b] ]

This is true, I had forgotten about IM:UC, and vektorboson I was wondering, are you going to be including any Soviet soldiers, maybe some that are just wearing plain tan uniforms and gear?

If you got pictures or reference that show Soviet soldiers in East Germany in the 1980s wearing tan uniforms I may do it.

But for now, it'll be KLMK/KZS; I'll use RHS' VDV '85 soldiers, but I'm not sure whether the Soviet troops (specifically the 8th Guard Army) had the flak vests. I personally would do them without flak vests, just like in Vilas' addons-thread in the ArmA-forum.

Anyway: Any reference material is appreciated.

As for FFUR '85 users, I'm trying my best to get the US MERDC/OD units done ASAP, here's a nearly finished M113A2 (some minor details and the back need work).

us_m113a2.jpg

Hope it will have openable rear doors, as well as the M577...

By the way, would there be any chance of an M60A2 or M551? Or MBT-70 prototype? Would fit in that "area" of conflict, I think...

BUZZARD @ Jan. 28 2008,12:04)]Hope it will have openable rear doors, as well as the M577...

Basically, there is a simple interior modelled, and the rear door could be indeed animated.

But I want to get finished with those addons, so this won't happen.

In any case, the M113 will be 'open source', so if people want openable doors, they will be allowed to do so.

Quote[/b] ]

By the way, would there be any chance of an M60A2 or M551?

No chance, unless you can prove me, that they would have been used in sufficient numbers by the US troops in Germany.

Quote[/b] ]Or MBT-70 prototype? Would fit in that "area" of conflict, I think...

If you know about the MBT-70, then you also know that it was scrapped and developed into the Abrams and Leopard 2.

There is little sense in creating scrapped prototypes that don't even belong to my time frame.

Don't dare to ask about a Marder 2! tounge2.gif

Well the MBT-70 would only be good for like a "mission"-thing (assuming the Cold War had gone hot and Germany would use EVERYTHING it had stashed in its inventories to stem the red tide, including old prototypes)... as for the M60A2's and M551's, I dunno about the former but since the 152mm cannon is quite short it could be useful in urban environments... as for the latter, well I bet the 82nd Airborne could definitely have been put to use in Europe, and AFAIK those had M551's, as well as other units... Hmmm, isn't there one in one of those monstrously-sized vietnam packs? And AFAIK the 82nd retained its M551's as far as the 1990's, so would fit in your timeframe... thumbs-up.gif

There already is a M551 Sheridan in VTE. M60A2's were converted to ARV's and m60a1/a3's in 1983.

What hasnt been done is a 105mm M102 howitzer and I would love to see it.

Also russian vdv modernized the BMD-1 in 1978 to BMD-1P standard wink_o.gif, Therefore they would have their at-3 sagger replaced with a at-4/at-5 missile launcher. The only countries I know of that use SAGGER bmd-1's (or former operators) most likely are : India, Iraq , Armenia and also Uzbekistan.

Here is some tan soviet uniforms here.

Uniforms

More

These all all fine and dandy but its seem that they were phased out, at least for European use in the 60's or 70's. Not in this mods time frame.

@TFatseas, cjuraman

Thanks for the reference pictures; if you find more pictures/references, post them please.

Does anyone know or can anyone find out what/if Grenade Launchers the DDR infantry used?

ex.: underslung Grenade Launchers like GP-25, Grenade Pistol like HK-69

I cannot find anything, so I assume, they used none...

Regarding MBT-70 (or other Prototypes)

Simply No.

Regarding M60A2, Sheridan

The released Sheridan was made by Vilas and it definitely needs a lot of work to modify it in such a way, that it fits my units.

The M60A2s were being upgraded to A3 in that timeframe.

Conclusion: They may fit the timeframe, but their low number does not justify my time and work.

I'd rather make Engineering/recovery vehicles, as those would have been definitely used.

Here is one more tan uniform.

Here

Found on

This Website

Sadly the website doesn't give that much detail on the said uniforms.(click on the flags)

On the Grenade launchers. I couldn't find anything other than the RPG series. It is possible, unlikely though, that the BG-15(GP-25) was used but I cannot find any info regarding anything other than Soviet use, notably in Afghanistan.