Sign in to follow this  
rubberkite

Looking for Nvidia working driver with arma

I have the same issues with the 8800gts 640 xt oc version I cannot run it on high as my frame rates go down to the 20-30 range which is horrble after playing at 60 fsp constant.

So i prefer to play on all low settings mainly.

One question is arma's frame rate linked to fresh rate of the monitor because can never get it above 60fps ... have once got ti to 75fps using a different refesh rate but it seemed worse quality wise any ideas on this sickboy?

My rig..... which i can only get 11048 on 3dmark 06 which i think could be better .

Striker extreme bios 1301

Intel e6300 watercooled 1.8 running oc'd to 3017 unlinked

Twintech 8800gts oc to 658core /983 clock watercooled

syncmater 226bw full native res

4gb ocz pc9200 flex XLC watercooled 1150 ram (running strangly running at 849)

Thermaltake alum kandalf LCS case

Enermax infiniti 720w psu (3 -28amp rails)

vista 32bit

twin raptors raid 0

Dave

I've got big problem with 169.xx forceware series & rolled back before they put in "Crysis optimization" that gave me 163.71 WHQL

I've got big problem with 169.xx forceware series & rolled back before they put in "Crysis optimization" that gave me 163.71 WHQL

One more reason to hate crysis smile_o.gif

I've solved some problem setting the sharder to medium instead High the game don't CTD.

I hope more performance and stability in next 17x drivers

when I try the new drivers I post here my result

for now thank u to all,

@Sickboy I try your tracer version they're fine smile_o.gif I belive to your word, I'm just looking to best setting for nice but IMPERFECT game called ArmA smile_o.gif

I have dual 8800GTS's with 640MB RAM each and I run the game with everything set high/very high and a 10000 view distance. I use the latest x.21 nVidia drivers and I have no problems. I don't use that -maxmem thing either.

The only crash issues I get are when I put everything to very high and there is a lot going on. If I'm set up like that I do get the occasional crashes where the polygons go nuts and blank out the screen, or more commonly I get a crash to the desktop complaining that DirectX can't create a memory surface for some reason.

So I set most things down to "high" and only kept things like object detail and blood at max, and all my problems cleared right up.

If you are having too many crash problems with the new 8800GTS 512 and newest drivers, try using the initial 169.09 driver that comes with the card.

I was pretty reluctant to use these before...

but I'm happy now that I did biggrin_o.gif

Omega Drivers ATI+Nvidia

I get much better FPS and and a better looking game.

8600GT with view distance set to 2500

Try em' out it might help some

goodnight.gif

okay here we go !

i installed my whole new fresh 8800GTS 512, i want to know wich drivers is 100% stable with this card ...

(Is it exist ? )

Can anyone tell me if the Omega drivers allow you to easily change the 'render frames ahead' option? I'm having great difficulty getting this to work this using the Nvidia 169.21 drivers currenty installed even using the coolbits and other hacks. I understand from the 171.16 drivers that this setting is reintroduced but as its barely a beta, im reluctant to use it especially as otherwise the current drivers for pretty good for me. (specs below)

Cheers!

Can anyone tell me if the Omega drivers allow you to easily change the 'render frames ahead' option? I'm having great difficulty getting this to work this using the Nvidia 169.21 drivers currenty installed even using the coolbits and other hacks. I understand from the 171.16 drivers that this setting is reintroduced but as its barely a beta, im reluctant to use it especially as otherwise the current drivers for pretty good for me. (specs below)

Cheers!

use Nhancer.

don't set render ahead to "0" , it make crash 8800's. instead use "1".

Can anyone tell me if the Omega drivers allow you to easily change the 'render frames ahead' option?  I'm having great difficulty getting this to work this using the Nvidia 169.21 drivers currenty installed even using the coolbits and other hacks.  I understand from the 171.16 drivers that this setting is reintroduced but as its barely a beta, im reluctant to use it especially as otherwise the current drivers for pretty good for me.  (specs below)

Cheers!

you could easily change all 3D Settings with a software similar to ati tray tools, named "NVtray" or "NVtweaks". this small app hide itself in tray and let you change this parameter and a lot more.

@all 8800 user :

my report

8800GTS on 169.28 WHQL. THE official.

2GB

maxmem @ 850

1600X1200

several test with ultra high FSAA , ultra high view distance while flying high speed jet or walking between house.

no crash so far.

-maxmem guys , -maxmem ...

maxmem

what param do u use for avoid crash?

I report crash with arma task about 900Mb

If I use maxmem 512 I see more LOD

now I'm running windowed, I notice less FPS ofcourse, but I can switch a lot of time without crash, for now that I'm editing mission, is a good compromise, but for maximus performance I need Fullscreen and I need very good driver

I have dowloaded also the last 169.38 and 171,16 and omega driver... for you what's the best one to install hehehe

to be or not to be..

don't know why , but now it start to crash . maybe i dreamed whistle.gif

banghead.gif damn it , anyone tried to reduce texture detail to high ? it use only 400MB huh.gif

now I use texture detail to default

Seems to runs without crash, but I also run in windowed enviroment with performance lost.. and this is not a real solution for the Arma Crash...

I hope in future adjustament with Nvidia Card and Very High game settings.

Hey guys,

I have also a problem with a Nvidia driver, but it doesnt have anything to do with 8800s.

My problem is that i cant connect to online servers anymore - In the same second I press connect I get a CTD.

I guess it has something to do with the mainboarddriver that i´ve updated yesterday (6.86_nforce_win2kxp_international_whql)

there was also a ethernet-driver update included that I installed and I think it´s its fault (I´ve only got problems with connecting - not playing)

Does anyone have the same problem or even a solution? huh.gif

Thank you

Hey guys,

I have also a problem with a Nvidia driver, but it doesnt have anything to do with 8800s.

My problem is that i cant connect to online servers anymore - In the same second I press connect I get a CTD.

I guess it has something to do with the mainboarddriver that i´ve updated yesterday (6.86_nforce_win2kxp_international_whql)

there was also a ethernet-driver update included that I installed and I think it´s its fault (I´ve only got problems with connecting - not playing)

Does anyone have the same problem or even a solution? huh.gif

Thank you

uninstall the nic drivers ?

Does not matter what driver I use (I have tried at least 6!wink_o.gif I still get crashes. It did so on my old GTS 320mb and now on GTX 768mb. I've changed the ram, updated the bios (mobo) installed new chipset drivers, re-installed Arma, re-installed dx9.. ffs I give up with this game.

Oh and yes I've tried -maxmem -vm108 etc..

My system:

C2D 2.4ghz

Asus P5b deluxe

BFG 8800GTX OC 768mb

2gb OCZ 1066mhz

2 x 320gb SATA hd

Corsair 520w psu

I'm interested to know if anyone has a P5b and 8800 and gets crashes or not..

Spetznaz14,

Try setting render frames ahead to 3 ( original setting ) and set the fan speed for your card to run at an minimum 85%. I had crashing and freezing when I set render frames to anything less than 3 and when my fan speed was set at 25% default on the card. I have had no problems ( knock on wood ) since doing this. Try it if you haven't. Also run default drivers 169.09 NOT the 169.21 <---- nothing but problems!!

My specs:

C2D E6750 @ stock, 2.66

P5K SE (budget board)

Palit 8800gt 1 g ram @ stock speeds

seagate 250 g HD 7200 rpm

2 g corsair ballistic ram 8500

22" Acer lcd monitor (best dam monitor for the price, period)

I run the game in 1680X1050x32 on very high settings,

AF, shadow detail,objects detail and blood on High

terrain,AA and postprocess effects on Low

and shading detail set to Normal

view distance at 4196

I get around min 30 to max 60 fps when playing evo or other intensive missions.

Edit: I also have another system that I use to play ArmA on lan. Here it is;

AMD FX 60 @ stock speeds 2.6

Asus A8n se sli

2 G ram 4200 mushkin

Evga 8800 gts 320 mb @ stock speeds

WD 80 g HD 7200 rpm

and driver 169.28 whql

I just had a crash earlier today (froze up) and changed the settings back to read 3 for render frames ahead (original setting) with Vsync on and increased the fan speeds to 85% and my machine has been on now for 5 hrs and no crash.

I think with the newer cards 8800 for sure I've noticed that anytime I've changed the vsync settings to off or changed the render frames to anything less than 3 , both systems seem to be unstable. It just might be me but will update this later to see if this is just a fluke.

My system:

C2D 2.4ghz

Asus P5b deluxe

BFG 8800GTX OC 768mb

2gb OCZ 1066mhz

2 x 320gb SATA hd

Corsair 520w psu

I'm interested to know if anyone has a P5b and 8800 and gets crashes or not..

Me, our specs are very similar but i dont crash.

See my post on page 1 wink_o.gif .

Heatseeker,

Do you have Vysnc on or off and if you don't do you have render frames ahead setting less than 3?

just curious

Heatseeker,

Do you have Vysnc on or off and if you don't do you have render frames ahead setting less than 3?

just curious

Vsync is app controled (its on).

No frames ahead nothing.

smile_o.gif .

Last report on 169.38 Nvidia drivers

good performance and stability with arma

previus tested: 169.06 . 169.21

I always set Vsync ON and 3 prerender frames

with 0 game doesn't start this with 169.06 I don't want to try now because I reach a perfect state and I don't touch nothig more..

My setting:

ArmA 1.08 with ton's of addons

1680x1050 Vsync ON ( for LCD is really needed )

3 prerendered Frame

AF high

AA high disabled trasparency with rivatuner

5000 view distance for air 1500 for land

terrain dettail medium (waste of memory no eyecandy)

object dettail very high (also high is ok)

shader high ( very high could be unstable )

Texture ( default looks like very high )

Shadow ( High )

post processing ( High ) I like It if u don't see much difference low increase performace

Blod ( High )

Cpu Core2Q6600@3.6Ghz 400x9 4Gb Ram DDR2 Corsair Dominator CL4 chipset intel X38+ich9r 2xRaid0 HD 320Gb Sata 2xRaid1 HD 500 Gb Sata. Gigabyte Geforce 8800GTS512 (g92)@ 700 1700 1000. Windows Xp Sp2 Nlited.

Games run every time near 60fps, rarely it slow down with lot of smoke and unit near city but never goes under 40 Fps, I think these settings are the best for playing arma.

With 1.09 and vsync off sometime I reach 150Fps in desert zones smile_o.gif

I'm really waiting for ArmA2 and I really hope that multicore will be well supported, because in server it works and the 4 Core do their best..

Quote[/b] ]use Nhancer

Cheers gL33k, worked a treat.

Couldn't get any other 3rd part apps to adjust the 'render frames ahead' for some reason??

Cheers rordied - I'll have a play tonight.

On a general note, I don't understand why the standard menus that come with the recent nvidia drivers seem vaguer and less adjustable than ever before.

Thank god for 3rd party apps I say.

Beta 169.28 - for the first time ArmA runs stable and actually uses SLI on my Q6600, 2x 8800GT, WinXP