Sign in to follow this  
TWANG III

Camo debate

Which country has trhe best and which has the worst? (i mean standard issue not spec ops type)

for the best i think the german flecktarn is excellant and for the worst the east german rain drop camo is in my opinion the worst

IMO, the new CADPAT (CAnadian Dispersion PATtern ?) is one of the best pieces of kit out there.

Go to the Canadian Forces website here for details.

HTH

Tyler

yes the cadpat is maybe one of the bests , but i don't like computer generated camos

i think that the worst camo is the russian orange one , some troops of the omon use it , it's an "autumn" camo with a flashy orange on it

i don't like the flecktarn with all these little points ,the australian camo is good also , but again it's computer generated

At least the finnish camo totally sucks. We were playing airsoft and one of my friends was wearing finnish camo and the other U.S. woodland camo. The one wearing the finnish one was like an exclamation mark in the forest, when the other friend nicely blended to his background with the woodland camo.

So I'd never wear that finnish crap unless forced.

Always liked tiger stripes, don t ask me where it comes from.

Germany maybe confused.gif

We used it alot in the early days of paintball

Guest Scooby

Oligo, Was it old M62 or newer M91 camo?

Or maybe he was using M83. J/K :)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scooby @ Feb. 27 2002,11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oligo, Was it old M62 or newer M91 camo?

Or maybe he was using M83.   J/K  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It was the military version (the more expensive) of M91 camo. I think they made it way too bright.

as a friend of mine said about cadpat "it looks like my cat's barf" i disagree that its the best, i think the usmc dig blends in better(at least in ofp) one of my other favs is the danish camo pattern, i wish i could find a set of the for paintball

personnaly , i use a french centre-europe camo when i go hunting

The smartest is the british DMP but I would say the most efective for camoflage is the german pea pattern, called flecktren or something

I got to use a bright orange vest when I go hunting or else I could get shot by other hunters, happens every year someone gets nailed by another hunter.  It doesn't look pretty, but as long as the animals don't smell me, I can get pretty close to shoot them.

-=Die Alive=-

Believe it or not, but the Swiss pizza type thing is actually invisible!!! Yeah, I know, it looks RIDICOULOUS! But if you actually play airsoft....and see it in action....people are invisible with it wow.gif

USA has a special camo now,i forget whats it called,but anyways it will blend in with the colors around you.

the best cammo depends on where you are 1 cammo type don't work every where , that why we rub the local dirt in to our gear

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Feb. 28 2002,03:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...but anyways it will blend in with the colors around you.<span id='postcolor'>

Pretty much the definition of camoflage, isnt it? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Feb. 27 2002,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">personnaly , i use a french centre-europe camo when i go hunting<span id='postcolor'>

I would be surprised if you would use anything else than a french product (or at least if you would admit it) biggrin.gif

lol , i only use this camo because it reminds me some good things

Technically not Camoflague as it doesn't hide the wearer, but I love the Black, White and Grey "Urban" style camoflague that the SWAT teams sometimes Use.

Especially the one with the Rust color added to it as well.

Purpose of camo pattern is to "break" the form. This effect is enhanced with grass and wood branches. Also your face shines in woods like a flashlight (this is why spec ops colour their faces entirely).

Pattern naturally depends on surrounding terrain. In middle east you'd be a fool to use "woodscheme" in daylight. Also fully black is not necessarally excelent because its single coloured and possibly even too black. Black with green or something like that might work better.

The same as full white costumes in snow make you stand out like a sore thumb. White and Grey, or a light Grey all over actually helps you to blend in better.

Its quite obvious that a nice black tux with a bowtie is the best camo. After all, james bond has never been shot.  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vir @ Mar. 05 2002,00:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its quite obvious that a nice black tux with a bowtie is the best camo. After all, james bond has never been shot.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO biggrin.gif